2009 NBA Playoffs

That one could have gone either way. Howard could have been called for an over the back.

The officials do suck though.

The Nuggets can still win, but in all honesty...they should have won the series by now. They are just so stupid. Isn't George Karl supposed to be a top 5 coach in the league?

I also seem to remember a certain Sonics team of his choking in 1994. Maybe I'm just bitter :mad:

Isn't George Karl supposed to be a top 5 coach in the league?

I also seem to remember a certain Sonics team of his choking in 1994. Maybe I'm just bitter :mad:
The answer to all that is: Jackson > Karl

Yea, must be nice to coach MJ and Shaq.

Neither of those guys won a title before Phil & Shaq was lucky to have the greatness of Pat Riley to get him his ring without Phil.

Neither of those guys won a title before Phil & Shaq was lucky to have the greatness of Pat Riley to get him his ring without Phil.

MJ was the best player in the NBA before Jackson, ditto for Shaq. Jackson is a good coach, but he has clearly been out coached the last few years at crucial moments.

I mean, right now he is top 3 in the league with Popovich and Sloan...but all time, I would hesitate to put him in my top 5. I would need to think on it.

His greatest failure is letting the Kobe/Shaq dynasty end the way it did. I mean, shouldn't a Zen Master be able to mediate between two of the greatest players ever to play their position? Instead, he blatantly picked a side, ditched the team, wrote a book on said player, then came back a few years later and completely caved in.

Anyways, Lakers are the first to the NBA Finals!

Anyways, Lakers are the first to the NBA Finals!

Not only that, but they delivered an ass whipping of the highest order in Denver.

My spider sense tells me that Cleveland will lose tonight by 6 points.

My spidey sense told me that Lebron lost by 13. ;)

Anyways, I've got Orlando as the winner of the Finals. The Lakers don't have the defensive consistency to defend the Magic. If Aaron Brooks looked like Chris Paul against Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar/Shannon Brown, how godly do you think Rafer Alston will be?

Also, the Lakers constantly leave one man open (see Nuggets/Houston series for details), and that will prove deadly against the Magic offense.

Well, at least we get to see Andrew Bynum Pau Gasol versus Dwight Howard. Finesse and skill versus power and athleticism. That's one pretty battle in the low post to behold. :king:

If it makes you feel better...

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS!!!!

BTW, have you graduated yet?

I don't think it will take 7...........................maybe, just maybe 6.

Well, if the Magic keep laying bricks from 3-point range (<35%) and the free throw line (<73%) and Dwight Howard can't get things together, they might not even win their first finals game ever...

Top Bottom