2009 NBA Playoffs

Well, if the Magic keep laying bricks from 3-point range (<35%) and the free throw line (<73%) and Dwight Howard can't get things together, they might not even win their first finals game ever...

I know...and...
Is this the same Pau Gasol that was bullied by Kendrick Perkins? What the...Where did this Pau come from? :crazyeye:

It's not like the Lakers have suddenly turned into the Spurs. There were a lot of possessions were the Magic had wide open threes, and the Magic shooters just missed them.

I guess as a Lakers fans, I should be happy that the Lakers defended home court, but still...this wasn't what I was expecting. (15-15 first quarter was ugly :cry:)

We're not Detroit!!

Assuming I pass my Spanish 111 final tomorrow, I'll graduate on sunday.

Congratulations man. John Glenn should be a decent commencement speaker. I had John McCain a few years back and he was atrocious.

Congratulations man. John Glenn should be a decent commencement speaker. I had John McCain a few years back and he was atrocious.

I was in the John Glenn Fellowship program as a junior, and heard him speak to about 20 of us a few times. I'm a total Glenn fanboy. He is one of the smartest, most accomplished, and yet most humble people I have ever met.

No, it is not. Since it got bumped, I'm adding a bit about Joey Buss.

Bill Simmons' Mailbag said:
5. Joey Buss should accept the trophy every year, no matter who wins. That reminds me &#8230;

Q: "This one means a lot. The fans stuck with us, through thick and thin. This is the 15th ... one that we have as a family. We have two more to go to meet Boston Celtics! And, I just want to reiterate THAT NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT THE FF -- LOS ANGELES LAKERS FANS HERE TONIGHT AND BACK IN LOS ANGELES!!! IT'S TIME TO BRING THIS TROPHY BACK TO LOS ANGELES AND HANG UP ANOTHER BANNER!!!!!!"
-- Eric and Ben, New York

SG: It took not one but two people to transcribe Joey's acceptance speech!

Q: How 'bout Stan Van Gundy being unable to withstand the late charge from Joey Buss for the worst Finals performance of '09? What an upset!
-- Dan S., Boston

SG: That's why they play the games, Dan. That's why they play the games.
And the mandatory video of the most awkward acceptance speech in the history of sports! If you pause at 1:35 Buss is looking at the trophy like he wants to eat it.

Link to video.

Top Bottom