2011 MLB Thread

I hate the New York Mets and the Braves. I also hate the Marlins. And the Nationals. I have no fondness for the Dodgers. Well I kind of hate them for 1977 and 1978 and Steve Garvey.

I don't hate the Pirates anymore though. They've just gotten too pathetic to hate.

Oh, are we sharing hate?

I, like any dutiful fan of a small market baseball team, hate the Yankees. I have also learned to hate the Red Sox, since they are now virtually indistinguishable from the Yankees.

I have no real animosity for the Cubs, but I imagine that will change by June, when they clog up the subways, puke on the streets, and make it impossible to park at my girlfriend's place. YOUR TEAM STILL SUCKS BOOOOOO

I'll also join in with the Marlins hate.

:lol: didn't mean to start the hate here but thought i would sign in with my MLB catch phrase...

@Scratch
you're old school, bro :) i like it. agree 110% with your take. you're a phils phan through and through :thumbsup:

Too bad Charlie Manuel isn't as fun to follow on Twitter as Ozzie Guillen.

Cholly's last tweet was January 18th:

Haven't been on here in awhile. Been resting and waiting. Ready to like get this thing going man.

He's no Ozzie Guillen.

There is no doubt in my mind Barry did roids. There is also no doubt in my mind that prosecuting him, and the whole congressional hearing fiasco we went through a few years ago, was a huge waste of time and a distraction from the real problem, which was MLBs inability to deal with it properly for years and Bud Selig being a spineless loser.

There is no doubt in my mind Barry did roids. There is also no doubt in my mind that prosecuting him, and the whole congressional hearing fiasco we went through a few years ago, was a huge waste of time and a distraction from the real problem, which was MLBs inability to deal with it properly for years and Bud Selig being a spineless loser.

This.

I also like the video of him coming into the court room though. He certainly looks much slimmer now that he's not on roids playing baseball, doesn't he? :mischief:

But yeah, I doubt he'll be convicted. Not in San Fran, where most baseball fans still adore him, not after the record, and especially not after the last trial which did little more than leave a disgustingly bad taste in everyone's mouth. Most people here either still love Bonds, or are jaded and don't really care about pursuing this line anymore.

balfour is no crazier than most late inning relievers, i think. he does have an 'Hrabosky-esque' demeanor on the mound though :)

i found it interesting that the prosecuting atty's allowed for the trial to be held in northern california. i mean, i understand the 'jury of your peers' etc. however, isn't it a little slanted that the venue is right smack dab in the middle of sf giants territory? i wish they would have had the trial in southern cali. get some dodger and padre fans on the jury :)

Since it's in federal court they can get jurors from a much wider pool than just SF. They can get people from all over the Bay Area, a lot of which is conservative relative to SF, and whose sports allegiances are diverse. So they are getting folks in there from Marin (conservative rich white people) San Mateo (conservative Filipino people) and the East Bay (Oakland A's and Raiders fans).

Colbert had a great line about Bonds.

"So the Perjury trial for Barry Bonds started today...or in the words of Barry, "no it didn't"

Colbert had a great line about Bonds.

"So the Perjury trial for Barry Bonds started today...or in the words of Barry, "no it didn't"

No. The trial did start today, but his lawyer told him he was going to a birthday party.

Spring hasn't been too gentle on the Phils. Lidge is going to the DL, Utley is going to the DL, Domonic Brown broke the hamate bone in a hand, Polanco hyperextended his left elbow back on the 15th and might be back in the lineup today.

The trainers better order extra duct tape.

Top Bottom