2011 Rugby World Cup

Who will win the 2011 Rugby World Cup?

• Total voters
I just noticed that we have 2 votes for the US, one for Canada, and one for Fiji in the poll above. Damn, but some people are optimistic, or possibly are just determined to go with the "USA #1!" theme until (and possibly after) it's proven completely wrong.

I just noticed that we have 2 votes for the US, one for Canada, and one for Fiji in the poll above. Damn, but some people are optimistic, or possibly are just determined to go with the "USA #1!" theme until (and possibly after) it's proven completely wrong.

Japan also has one vote. And England has none, which is quite modest from the England fans. While not favourites you'd say they have a better chance than some other traditional playing countries who have votes on the poll (so long as they can curb down all the partying...).

So it seems that after a first round of relatively close scores, the so called minnows, fighting a farcical schedule and their own lack of squad depth, are now getting heavily hammered. Still no scores above the psychological barrier of 100 points though, but Australia vs. Russia next week seems a good candidate now.

Japan also has one vote. And England has none, which is quite modest from the England fans. While not favourites you'd say they have a better chance than some other traditional playing countries who have votes on the poll (so long as they can curb down all the partying...).

So it seems that after a first round of relatively close scores, the so called minnows, fighting a farcical schedule and their own lack of squad depth, are now getting heavily hammered. Still no scores above the psychological barrier of 100 points though, but Australia vs. Russia next week seems a good candidate now.

yea and the abs still have canada, maybe they can pull a 100 out of it. Hell Maybe they can get 100 against france!

Southern Hemisphere Support all the way unless they play against each other, that's another story then. NZ to beat the crap out of the French this weekend.

Go NZ!

So... predictions for Saturday's match of NZ v. France? These are probably the two best teams that have played each other so far in the tournament, from what I can see... but I know nothing of Rugby... I just enjoy watching it when it's on... which over here is about every four years. :p

So... predictions for Saturday's match of NZ v. France?

NZ to win comfortably given that it is a pool match and France's disagreements internally. Once in the knockout phase then France tend to be rather more dangerous IMHO.

And a third... french first line is taking water :sad:

edit: well second half a bit better: 37 - 17 final score for the ABs. I am hoping for a revenge in final!

Great game. I loved how France stole that cheeky try near the end... so the all blacks immediately showed them how to score a real try!

My eyes are bleeding from lack of sleep , but big day for Kiwi sport . Big win by the AB's and the NZ Warriors , despite all the odds qualify for the NRL Grand Final . I think even the most hardened Kiwi Union fan will be happy at that effort

Bloody English…

Also, I'll probably be hiding somewhere tonight. Hope the local presbyterian church have prepared the barricades.

Top Bottom