2012 NCAA bowl pick'em!

emzie

wicked witch of the North
I'm in! Finalizing picks now! Posting this just so I can get that little black dot to show up on the envelope thingy . . !

No one else is gonna play?

Hey, did my picks submit?

Yeah, we're up to five, with you, pacesplace and azale. Still kind of a disappointing turnout . . .

EDIT: Still one better than my other pick 'em, sad to say . . .

Well, that's it. Only five entries.

Still, if you didn't pick yet you only lose 3pts today, and the next bowl isn't until Thursday. And you still have three and a half hours to save two of the points you'll lose today . . .

I was convinced that Arizona pick was going to blow up in our faces. That was an amazing finish.

I had total confidence :smug:

Not really, but when they went into the 4th I did think to myself "only in the Pac-12 is 17 points not an insurmountable 4th qtr. lead . . "

Pac-12 > MWC

Still 627 points available for anyone who wants to make their picks before the BYU/SDSU kickoff . . .

Surprised you put that much confidence in an upset pick.

It was a gamble. I'm playing in two groups against a total of nine other people. So far, I've had the highest confidence on one team or the other in eight games, and I'm 6-2 in those games. This Rice game should hopefully make it 7-2. It's just that those two losses -- 35 on Rutgers and 28 on WKU -- were terrible terrible losses.

As for Rutgers specifically, they had a rush D that was giving up almost one fewer yard per carry than VT's and they'd forced almost one more turnover per game. It certainly wasn't the pick I felt best about, but it seemed like a good opportunity to pick up points.

I was surprised more people didn't pick VT. There was only one guy in either group who had the winner, and he only gave them 3 points . . .

EDIT: And that Rice win didn't really help me that much. I'm still 8th of 10 in max points possible and a solid 42 points behind you, who leads overall in both groups in max points . . .

First half of the day went well enough . . .

EDIT: Meh. I'm actually doing okay when I look at the percentage of points wagered that I have gotten correct. I'm behind only one person in each group, though I'm behind by about ten percentage points in both cases . . .

EDIT EDIT: Games resume for real on Monday, with the SEC kicking off at 11AM local . . .

Only Shortguy can beat me now. muhahaha

Top Bottom