2012 NFL Offseason

Supr49er

2011 Thunderfall Cup
Combine is coming up in two weeks.

Moderator, please change the title to NFL

colts = Luck?

Not Just his face. The Peyton Manning Face (tm).

Convert him to fullback.

Outside of helping a contender with WR problems as a 4th/5th WR, Ward is done. He was never very fast, and he seemed mighty slow to me last season...

Haley was robbed - I wonder if Parcells isn't getting a little payback for his QBWMNBN-esque retire/unretire dance in the early part of this decade.

And now that the sizing up the cattle part Combine is over, does anyone know/care if it will make any difference in the draft?

The only thing I can think of...I think Alshon Jeffery has largely regained his draft position, some people were worrying about issues of him being overweight but he weighed in the low 200s.

The Rams COO has declared open season on the #2 pick. Not exactly surprising, but kinda dramatic nonetheless.

I'm really split on trying to get RG3. On the one hand, he seems to be good, but on the other hand, the leap out of oblivion that he made last season leaves me nervous. Pouring out our high round picks for this one guy seems..... risky. I know there aren't a whole lot of quality options, but it seems like a stretch with all the other needs that we have, such as the O-Line.

The Rasists are going to get pasted this season without a franchise quarterback, and their coach's neck is on the chopping block if that happens. Chainsaw Dan isn't the type to sit there and watch while the team endures three consecutive losing seasons while the current head coaching regime goes nowhere.

Doesn't mean they go after RG3, obviously. Snyder seems like the kind of guy to splurge on Matt Flynn, too.

RG3 was pretty good as a junior too...it wasn't really a leap out of oblivion.

My reading was that they were the favorites to jump up to trade for the #2 pick at the moment, although the Browns, Phins and the Eagles (!!!) may make a play as well.

The Rasists are going to get pasted this season without a franchise quarterback, and their coach's neck is on the chopping block if that happens. Chainsaw Dan isn't the type to sit there and watch while the team endures three consecutive losing seasons while the current head coaching regime goes nowhere.

Doesn't mean they go after RG3, obviously. Snyder seems like the kind of guy to splurge on Matt Flynn, too.
True, but there's just something about RG3 that kind of worries me. Then again, that's the way I felt with Cam, so he's probably the greatest player since Cam Newton. ;)

Also, I don't really see Flynn coming. I think he's going to follow Philbin.

RG3 was pretty good as a junior too...it wasn't really a leap out of oblivion.

My reading was that they were the favorites to jump up to trade for the #2 pick at the moment, although the Browns, Phins and the Eagles (!!!) may make a play as well.
I really, really don't see Philly taking him. They've got good talent with Vick, and to throw him away for rookie RG3 wouldn't be the greatest idea. I would also expect it to make the players no longer trust Reid, if even their best QB will get cut on a whim.

True, but there's just something about RG3 that kind of worries me. Then again, that's the way I felt with Cam, so he's probably the greatest player since Cam Newton. ;)

Also, I don't really see Flynn coming. I think he's going to follow Philbin.
Either way, Washington needs a quarterback. Allen has to get him somewhere.
NickyJ said:
I really, really don't see Philly taking him. They've got good talent with Vick, and to throw him away for rookie RG3 wouldn't be the greatest idea. I would also expect it to make the players no longer trust Reid, if even their best QB will get cut on a whim.
The obvious answer is that they would put him at the second string to learn from Vick and as a "break glass in case Vick shatters his shoulder" emergency kit. The reason the rumor started is the fact that Eagles personnel met with Griffin at the combine, so it's not just lolspeculation.

Yeah, the thinking is that Vick can be cut without much of a cap hit after next season, and it's a total crapshoot with his ability to stay healthy.

I agree though, that the Eagles need a linebacker more than they need another strong QB. The Rasists or the Browns should make a move for RG3. Cleveland needs a little spark around their team in the worst way...

The Eagles need to take a solid linebacker first round. Anything else is just stupidity on the FO part.
This is the same management group that decided that Juan Castillo would make a dandy defensive coordinator.

Top Bottom