2012 NFL Offseason

I really, really hope Justin Blackmon is still on the board when the Rams are picking, 'cause it's about time to get Bradford some real weapens besides Steven Jackson. OT or CB would also be OK with the sixth pick, but I'd really love to see the Rams draft Blackmon!

I heard even before the trade that they may trade down with Cleveland and pick Blackmon or Claiborne 4th. Well, the now that they're 6th, Claiborne will likely be gone. Both are bad choices anyway. They finished 31st against the run in 2011. They should go with Melvin Ingram from South Carolina or Michael Brockers from LSU, depending on Rampa Bay's pick (really hope they take Ingram, they were the only team worse against the run than the Rams). Of course free agency will affect the pick as well as that extra 2nd round pick.

B: holy crap, what a ransom! 6th pick this year and the Rasist's 2nd round pick this year... and the 1st round picks in 2013 and 2014. Redskins are going to regret that.
Oh, yeah. I'm not a happy camper. I see "bust" written all over this.

Shanahan channeling his inner Mike Ditka.

Since you're a Cowboys fan, I wish I could smack you upside the head for not using
the Herschel Walker analogy. :p

That guy in the middle is the owner of the Rams.

Since you're a Cowboys fan, I wish I could smack you upside the head for not using
the Herschel Walker analogy. :p

It's not a Herschel Walker-esque trade until the Rams actually win something :p

You know what would be hilarious? If the Colts threatened to pick RGIII and got the Rasists to trade up again.

Coach Nepotism would be just fine with Andrew Luck, I'm sure.

You know what would be hilarious? If the Colts threatened to pick RGIII and got the Rasists to trade up again.
That won't happen. If we're going to waste 2 first rounders and a second rounder, we'll take whoever comes. In fact, I'd rather have Luck.

San Fransisco needs to pay Manning a gazllion dollars and sign him. They would be instant super bowl favorites.

Not without getting some additions in our passing game. I'm just fine with Smith. I think we will be super bowl contenders if we go out and get Wallace or Colston, and/or if we draft that WR prospect who we've got out eyes on right now whose name escapes me (and my roommate's in Vegas for the weekend...damn.)

It's not a Herschel Walker-esque trade until the Rams actually win something :p

Be nice... We won the Super Bowl more recently than the Cowboys... When will they actually win something again? ;)

Be nice... We won the Super Bowl more recently than the Cowboys... When will they actually win something again? ;)

Yes, but noone was trading their entire future to you for Herschel Walker, Ricky Williams, or RG3 at the time.

I'm sure that there were probably more super bozonker trades, but those are the three I always remember.

I'm just sayin', the only reason why the Herschel Walker trade was such a fleecing was because Jimmy Johnson used the picks just about perfectly and his team won two Superbowls as a direct result.

If the Rams do anything close to that, this trade works out in their favor, even if RGIII ends up being a top 10 QB.

Manning is visiting Arizona! Hopefully, he will never leave, except for road games.

IF it's pre-injury Manning. If the Colts thought that there was no question
Manning would be his old self again, they would never have released him, just restructured his contract. I find the (seeming) fact he will neither work out for suitors nor let their medical staffs examine him to be a huge red flag. Let the buyer beware.

IF it's pre-injury Manning. If the Colts thought that there was no question
Manning would be his old self again, they would never have released him, just restructured his contract. I find the (seeming) fact he will neither work out for suitors nor let their medical staffs examine him to be a huge red flag. Let the buyer beware.

You seem to leave out the possibility that no one knows right now how healthy he will be at the start of the season. That is the impression that I get.

Also, the Colts' decision wasn't do you want Manning or not. It was do you want Luck or Manning. They had to act.

Regardless, if Manning doesn't work out, so what? It isn't like Kevin Kolb can do any better than even an armless Manning.

There is risk in everything and considering that the only success the Cards have had since being in Arizona was when they took a chance on an over-the-hill former star quarterback, I am ALL for taking the chance.

You're right, no on does know. And if he were 26 instead of 36, I would be more inclined to take the gamble. But I don't think it is worth the gamble. YMMV, of course

Top Bottom