2012 NFL Offseason

:lol:

Nah, I just think Luck has a better chance of not busting. (I'm not saying RG3 will bust, but Luck has less of a chance of that happening, in my opinion.)

I wouldn't be overly worried about Griffin busting. I mean, more than any other high first rounder. It's a risk but it's a risk you almost have to take if you want a franchise QB. I'd be overly worried about the fact that no matter how Griffin performs, he's got very little talent to work with on that roster...

:lol:

Nah, I just think Luck has a better chance of not busting. (I'm not saying RG3 will bust, but Luck has less of a chance of that happening, in my opinion.)

I think whoever the Skins draft has a better chance of busting. Given that the Colts have blown up the entire organization, there will be no serious expectations this year
for their QB, and he will have a chance to develop in relative peace.

In Washington, however, the newly drafted QB will be expected to get them to the playoffs NOW. No time to go through a learning curve, due to playing for a
coach whose head is likely close to the chopping block, and oh by the way not
much opportuinity to get him any help via the draft. Yes, there is cap room, but
good judgement on FAs has not been Voldemort's strong suit.

I can only hope that Shanahan can steer Big Dan in the right direction in Free Agency. Last year was pretty good, considering we got:

Barry Cofield
Stephen Bowen
Donté Stallworth (I throw him in because of his late season performance.)
O.J. Atogwe (He wasn't spectacular, but he was decent. Better than Moore.)
Josh Wilson (Again, not spectacular, but decent.)
Sav Rocca (Best punter we've had in years.)

Could Manning seriously go to Denver? Rumor is that the Broncos will deal Tebow to Jacksonville then.

Denver would be labeled insane. Whether you credit the defense, Tebow, or both, Tebow was the quarterback when Denver went 7–4, and beat the Steelers in overtime. Love him or hate him, Denver getting to the playoffs while he was starting was no small feat.

Personally, if Denver got Manning (which I highly doubt, but anyway), they should hold onto Tebow. Perhaps Manning could help Tebow with his accuracy?

I think Denver signing Manning has to be read as a blatant vote of no confidence in Tebow. If that is true, then a trade would definitely be the best thing for him.

Manning should go to Baltimore not Denver IMO. Baltimore just needs to admit it has a problem at QB. Everything else is in place for them to be the #1 seed in the AFC.

Manning should go to Baltimore not Denver IMO. Baltimore just needs to admit it has a problem at QB. Everything else is in place for them to be the #1 seed in the AFC.
The Ravens have a problem at QB? You're right! Something is definitely wrong with Flacco for taking his team to the playoffs every season of his career! :mad: They need a new QB to take them to the cellar of the AFC North, pronto!

Could Manning seriously go to Denver? Rumor is that the Broncos will deal Tebow to Jacksonville then.

I'm sure Denver wants him, but would Manning want to go to Denver?

Yeah, thats what I don't understand. Denver has an old RB and no wideouts of consequence (Put your hand down Eric Decker. You are not the answer to my question).

I mean, it's a suitably weak division, but the Chiefs would be a far superior playoff team. I don't get the Denver talk at all.

The Ravens have a problem at QB? You're right! Something is definitely wrong with Flacco for taking his team to the playoffs every season of his career! :mad: They need a new QB to take them to the cellar of the AFC North, pronto!

Sanchez "led" the Jets to the AFC championship game 2 years in a row doesn't mean anything. Flacco has been absolutely atrocious under pressure (Lucky a rare situation with their OL) and when playing from behind. Your jut mad because you've bben stuck in the celler of the NFC east since before you were born.

It's funny because he's pretty much just parroting a Grantland article. :p

I'm sorry who?

I'm sure Denver wants him, but would Manning want to go to Denver?

Supposedly Manning and Elway are friends. Also, a lot of people think that John Fox
would be more than happy to turn the offensive keys over to him no questions asked.

It's funny because he's pretty much just parroting a Grantland article. :p

Even funnier, anyone else that brings up the Nevermores immediately points out they
don't have anywhere near the cap room to sign him.

I thought Grantland had a chance to be a good site. But between worshiping at the altar of PC, and articles that are simply stupid, I've pretty much given up hope on them.

So all this talk of the Rasists making up for their loss of draft picks in free agency just went nuts. 36 million dollar hit to cap space spread over 2 seasons? Oh RGIII, you'd better work miracles.

That cap thing has me thinking that something is rotten in Denmark. How in the world can the league impose a penalty for what a team did during an uncapped year?

And more frighteningly, this may cause Azale and NickyJ to actually agree on something :scared:

Top Bottom