2014 Civfanatics Keeper League: Year 7

My wife has been ill over the past week and a half - i'll give her a nudge on this (she's juggernaut)

That's too bad, and I hope she feels better soon. Have Tim send her a get well gift in return for the free win he got from her this week.

I usually help cover for my wife in the league we are in together. She can always tell me who she wants to start and i'll just make sure its set for her. Ah well.

Well, in one case the owner had expressed that they were boycotting and thus abandoning their team, while in the other there has been no such declaration. That's different.

Of course one directly harmed you, and the other would benefit you, which if you were honest enough to admit is the real difference that caught your interest would actually make your position somewhat respectable.

For my part I hadn't even looked at the record from before I took over the team, but I greatly appreciate that you brought this up so that I would notice that it was you who lost in week two. :rotfl:

Absolutely made this whole taking over the abandoned team thing worthwhile!

Actually, I am being totally honest in that all I want with this sort of thing is consistency in how its applied. One week a roster got set by the commish. One week didn't. I think we can all agree that its far less fun when people cant take 10 mins out of their week to set a roster.

Hurrah for you. You beat a team with 4 empty starter positions by 3.7 whole points. Enjoy your gimme. Lets see what you do with it.

Dude, I'm playing a team I didn't even draft just to give you guys an active team instead of a vacancy. Seeing you lose is a bonus, but just because it's you.

Dude, I'm playing a team I didn't even draft just to give you guys an active team instead of a vacancy. Seeing you lose is a bonus, but just because it's you.

It's fantasy football, it happens. Sometimes you win one you should have lost, and sometimes you lose one you should have won.

But I acknowledge your excuse. I guess next year you'll give us a lesson with a team you draft.

Well, I am going to take the Democratic party line and say even though I didn't win, I certainly didn't lose, considering I took an expected 30 point loss spread and narrowed it to around 6 points! ;)

Spoiler :
For the record, yes, I did actually lose!

My wife has been ill over the past week and a half - i'll give her a nudge on this (she's juggernaut)

She must be a psychic, no doubt ill with the fate of your team this week. Lady Luck certainly seems to be favoring my team this season.

Well, I am going to take the Democratic party line and say even though I didn't win, I certainly didn't lose, considering I took an expected 30 point loss spread and narrowed it to around 6 points! ;)

Spoiler :
For the record, yes, I did actually lose!

I was rooting for you. Mostly because it would help me in my quest for a first round bye. But also because your team has made impressive turnaround. You just had the some bad scheduling mojo these past two weeks. Almost as bad scheduling luck as grahamiam has had all season.

Hey all,

In regards to the comments on the last 2 pages about make sure all rosters are set, I think it is a good idea, if abandonment is confirmed. If some people are giving up and not settings rosters, it is not fair to have some teams getting easy wins.

That being said, I had a few weeks with an unset rosters, as I spent 3 weeks in china, and could not access any yahoo pages because of the Great Firewall of China. Apparently Yahoo is an egregious threat to China...

Anyways, besides a surprise win against Fred, it is my usual sad sack performance...

Open Enrollment started Nov 15th... check it out for your state. May get subsidies with ObamaCare or can enroll with regular company with no underwriting.

Hey all,

In regards to the comments on the last 2 pages about make sure all rosters are set, I think it is a good idea, if abandonment is confirmed. If some people are giving up and not settings rosters, it is not fair to have some teams getting easy wins.

That being said, I had a few weeks with an unset rosters, as I spent 3 weeks in china, and could not access any yahoo pages because of the Great Firewall of China. Apparently Yahoo is an egregious threat to China...

Anyways, besides a surprise win against Fred, it is my usual sad sack performance...

:mad: :nuke:

:goodjob:

Open Enrollment started Nov 15th... check it out for your state. May get subsidies with ObamaCare or can enroll with regular company with no underwriting.

Yeah, just got the email about open enrollment from work, will definitely be checking out the ACA stuff since the premiums are manageable even if the deductible is absurd.

And Forsett drives a stake through the heart of the Prophets. My weekend is complete.

And Forsett drives a stake through the heart of the Prophets. My weekend is complete.

Yeah, its too bad that you got a freebie against a team that didn't fill its roster. Apparently that did make the difference in you making the playoffs or not. Frankly, Woody deserved it more than either of us by virtue of his point total, but that screwed him over even more than it did me.

Also, its a real dick move to empty your roster like you are doing. Stay classy.

But I finished a lot better than I did last year, so I'm good with that. Congrats to Third to First on a great comeback and a close game.

Our fun, competitive league has sure been wallowing in the mud this year :( .

Sad to say.

Yeah, its too bad that you got a freebie against a team that didn't fill its roster. Apparently that did make the difference in you making the playoffs or not. Frankly, Woody deserved it more than either of us by virtue of his point total, but that screwed him over even more than it did me.

Also, its a real dick move to empty your roster like you are doing. Stay classy.

But I finished a lot better than I did last year, so I'm good with that. Congrats to Third to First on a great comeback and a close game.

There are people in the world that I do not participate in recreational activities with. You're one.

Besides, now you can't say that getting a free win makes all the difference, since you're getting one and still won't make the playoffs. Loser.

There are people in the world that I do not participate in recreational activities with. You're one.

Besides, now you can't say that getting a free win makes all the difference, since you're getting one and still won't make the playoffs. Loser.

So you're abandoning your team? Throwing your little fit and kicking over the board?

Figures. I hope Zapp kicks your ass out of the league for pulling crap like that. It's not needed and all it does is show what a bad sport you are.

Or you can man up, play it straight and see who wins. But I guess that's too much of a risk to your ego. Easier to fold and claim victory than risk having your ass kicked I guess.

And yes, your free win over Juggernaut did make all the difference in either me or Woody being able to make the playoffs over you.

But that's ok as well. The way you reacted to Forsett doing so well and me losing so you don't have to face my team; this is probably the best thing to happen to you in awhile. Enjoy.

Our fun, competitive league has sure been wallowing in the mud this year :( .

Sad to say.

Yup. Never fun when someone jumps ship early on. Even less fun when the replacement throws fits and calls names.

So you're abandoning your team? Throwing your little fit and kicking over the board?

Figures. I hope Zapp kicks your ass out of the league for pulling crap like that. It's not needed and all it does is show what a bad sport you are.

Or you can man up, play it straight and see who wins. But I guess that's too much of a risk to your ego. Easier to fold and claim victory than risk having your ass kicked I guess.

And yes, your free win over Juggernaut did make all the difference in either me or Woody being able to make the playoffs over you.

I got a free win in your opinion, you are definitely going to get a free win...and still not make the playoffs even with that leveling of the playing field.

I'm not abandoning my team. I took it over to provide a player that was needed, without realizing you were in this league. I long since opted to follow through on providing the needed player. I stretched my limits to be in a league with you, but I don't have to play you.

Besides, for one of us the playoffs are looming. My guys need their rest. But you wouldn't know about that I suppose, having not made the playoffs.

Top Bottom