1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2014 Civfanatics Keeper League: Year 7

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Zapp Brannigan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

I'd rather you just play it straight. I don't mind rhetoric, but you're going to far with the all bench thing. It's childish and totally not needed.

And you're playing me whether you field a team or not. It's kind of how fantasy football works.

Again, take away your freebie over Juggernaut and all of a sudden this weeks game has meaning. Without it, it doesn't really mean anything. Hell, maybe I should just bench all my players too and let it be a draw.

2. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

There is always next year.

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

When a heavy investment like AJ Green has an 'is he healthy, is he hurt, is he playing at all this week' type of season it makes for an uphill battle. In my other league my friend has been crying the blues about him all year, and this league is waaaay more WR reliant. I have been suitably sympathetic, of course. ;)

4. MobBoss

Tim, on the bench..off the bench, either way you'd of gotten your ass kicked anyway.

Enjoy it while you can. Hopefully the playoffs will be self-correcting in a quick way.

5. Timsup2nothin

The playoffs will produce a champion from among the teams that made the playoffs. I have no illusions that my motley crew, even with a week's rest, has the makings of a champion. Up until a couple weeks ago when you started whining I had no idea we had a six team playoff, and had no illusions that my motley crew had the makings of a playoff team either, so I consider any extra games a bonus.

Of course the real bonus is you not making the playoffs, and getting to watch you cry about it. I have now gone back and looked through the whole thread and gotten a more complete picture of how I ended up with a team and the behavior of various league members. You were exactly as expected. So was everyone else. :goodjob: to them.

6. MobBoss

Again, you lucked out. I (and a few others just behind you) didn't. Enjoy it while you can, it wont be the case next year.

One thing that absolutely is true for folks like you is what goes around comes around. Just don't whine too hard when it does.

7. Timsup2nothin

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"folks like me"...care to expand on how you categorize humanity there bub? Tell me, just what form of elite super being status do you assign to folks like yourself? :rolleyes:

8. MobBoss

I was referring to those individuals that throw a hissy fit by putting their entire team on the bench.

So yeah, you.

Again, not like it would have mattered. Your ass was kicked regardless.

We will see what happens next year. Hopefully the teams you face will actually play full rosters.

9. Timsup2nothin

Same to you, bub. You whined about it the whole season. You get made even. And you still whine. Revolting.

10. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

Maybe next year you'll both put together teams that just win games like me.

11. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

Or at the very least do us the service of not engaging in pissing matches over a game like fantasy football.

12. MobBoss

Says the guy that threatened to quit the league if something didn't go the way he wanted.

Hypocrite.

13. Timsup2nothin

Didn't you accuse me of calling names just a few posts ago?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

14. Timsup2nothin

Believe me, nothing of this conversation is over fantasy football. This is exactly what I told Zapp was likely to happen. For what it's worth, I have very high hopes that MV's boycott will be over by next season so she can take her team back.

15. MobBoss

Ah, now it all makes sense. So, you warned Zapp in advance that you'd come a trollin? Interesting.

Ah, well. Beggers cant be choosers I guess. If she doesn't come back, we still have more than enough time to find someone who will actually field their team to play, I'm sure.

16. Timsup2nothin

Calling me a troll, bub? I know people who would run for a referee to stop the fight at that point.

Actually I predicted that you would have an objection and try to find something to fight about, then cry to him for help.

17. MobBoss

Only things I objected about was players not playing their full roster which wasn't even directed at you. But you're the one that starting flinging poo on that one. After that was simply the expectation for you to play your roster instead of sitting them all on the bench. Again, that was something you, not me, initiated.

Its funny that you warned him in advance, and then looked for ways to start things. That's called a self-fulfilling prophecy. Well, I guess you accomplished what you came for.

18. Timsup2nothin

You gave a 'hey this seems like it would be fair' air to something that would benefit you and be to my detriment. I revealed that your motives may have had more to do with benefiting yourself than fairness. If you want to call that 'flinging poo', fine...but the fact you never stopped whining when you didn't get your way seems to indicate that I was right to point that out.

19. MobBoss

Glad you admit you came at me first.

Actually, it would have benefited the person playing you, not me. They would have won. About the only thing it would have made a difference in where I was regarded is you eventually would have had to actually field a team this week instead of benching them. I would have loved it for the playoff spot to have come down to me vs you for the playoffs Would have been fun.

Getting to play you for 6th place in the last game of the regular season is only a benefit to me if I were a guaranteed winner of the match.

That, plus we had already set a precedent earlier in the league by having the commissioner set a roster that was empty. Only thing I was looking for was consistency in applying that standard.

20. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

Principled stand against lunacy warrants that threat. You've been the sourest and least sporting coach this entire season and in general you're taking this far more seriously than a grown man should. If you come back next year, which I hope you don't since you don't seem to be enjoying it, try and put together a team worth fretting about and shut up, for once.