1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2014 Civfanatics Keeper League: Year 7

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Zapp Brannigan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

I've tried to be pleasant enough while you've prattled on like a child but honestly, just stop. your season is over. go home.

2. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

I wasn't alone in support for my suggestion. And I sure as hell wouldn't threaten to quit like some child if Zapp made a ruling I didn't agree with.

As for being sour and least sporting, I played each and every week, and set my rosters competitively. You were the one that went haywire when you thought people would get a free win after you had to actually play the boycott team the first week (even though you won). I actually laughed it off at first, but you were the guy that got all Mr. Serious about it - even eventually to the point of threatening to quit over it all.

To me that sounds like you were the guy being Mr. Sour and not having fun.

I'll be back. I like the competition and rhetoric like you spew here doesn't hurt me nor deter me. I got a lot better this year than last year and I'll try to improve even on that next year.

As for me being sour - how's this. Go Third to First! :lol: Want to see the guy that knocked me out of the playoffs do well in them. :goodjob:

Yeah, you are indeed being sour. :lol: And we both know you've never tried to be pleasant to me, so don't even try that one.

3. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

My silence is pleasantness. And actually, if you knew about principles and scruples you'd understand why I drew that line in the sand. And you know why I've never tried to be pleasant to you:

You alienate everyone you ever interact with. You probably are so myopic to think everyone else has the problem when you're the common factor. I don't know how you rationalize your lack of self awareness but I just want you to stop embarrassing yourself and grow up and let it go. Can you do that? Can you possibly let something go, for once? Or are you going to dig in more?'

4. MobBoss

Actually, the comment that I alienate everyone is simply not true, and just another lame claim you'd make about me.

Gotta love how you talk about 'growing up' all the while tossing insults like you do here.

I fully know why you don't like me. I don't put up with your hypocrite crap and am vocal about it and that sets you off to no end.

Guess what? Instead of doing what you do here, why don't you just do yourself a favor and put me on ignore. That way you can be even more pleasant in your silence, and it would spare me from your hypocrisy. You wont even have to read about it when I kick your butt next year (if you come back that is).

5. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Probably save you from being goaded into something he can cry to a moderator about too. That's him in a nutshell. Pick a fight in a fantasy league, then cry to the commish...pick a fight on a forum then cry for a moderator...in real life no doubt run about being rude and if called on it bluster away until things boil then call for the cops. Since he has the sycophant mark the cops take his side and that takes care of that.

Ignore might be a great idea, come to think of it.

6. MobBoss

What the hell are you talking about moderators? :confused:

I didn't pick any fights here, but I'm not going to back down when they come my way either.

7. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

Yeah, because you're an awful self righteous person. We get it. Two people vocally don't like you, you're the focal point of the derision, it's not a coincidence and you should realize that. Scoot along. Nothing here for you anymore.

8. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Two? If you think two is gonna do it you should check the OT board. The vocal part may make a difference I guess. I think the majority there are in 'if we ignore him maybe he'll go away'. I've actually been taken to task for keeping him engaged.

9. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Can we all please just take a few steps back, take a deep breath, keep the fact that we may have Off Topic disagreements out of here, and just enjoy the league? I had a crap year record wise, but I still love playing with you guys and look forward to next year with glee. Please, can we hug now and move forward?

10. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

I remember him not being liked very much in the OT and it shouldnt come as a surprise that a tiger can't change his stripes no matter his habitat. But I'm sure everyone else is wrong about this, according to him at least.

11. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

that santa hat on your avatar really is spreading the holiday cheer. :lol:

12. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

That's a Santa hat? And here I was about to compliment him on the new hairdo!

13. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Ahahahaha! I just got a message from Yahoo on my phone. "You can still rally! You lost to Monkey on your Back, bringing your record to 3-10"

I can still rally! League championship, you're mine! :lmao:

14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I don't want to pretend I'm more on top of things than Yahoo, since they run the whole thing and all...but isn't 'after the final regular season game' pretty much the absolute definition of 'too late to rally'? There's 'way behind but still arguing for running the table' and there's 'mathematically eliminated but maybe someone will catch an NCAA violation and get DQd' (yes, the NCAA can strike anywhere at any time with unlimited power, just ask them)...but when the season is outright over even the hardest dying die hard equates it with 'too late' and starts looking to next year.

15. MobBoss

I'll hug you bhsup, no problem. :)

16. grahamiam

grahamiam In debt to Mr. Geisel

Thanks for getting this thread back on its rails.
    Finished 4th, which I think is my highest finish in years. Hope GB doesn't get too far ahead in the standings or I'm toast

17. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Now we're talking! But you're not getting my bud light. OR my santa hat!

18. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

I was kind of hoping Rodgers and Lacy would either fight or head-butt each other in practice this week :mischief: ... or hang out with L. Blount :D .

:nuke:

19. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I don't foresee anyone clinching up much of anything this season. Philly, GB, and AZ are tied for home field and only two getting byes, and each one has a second place team one game back, so they're all fighting to the bitter end. NE and Denver both desperately need home field and look like they are fighting to the end. Should be a good finish in the real and reasonably easy to manage in fantasy.

20. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Yahoo has predicted a .10 difference in our match-up :scan: .

:undecide::twitch::popcorn: