1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2014 Civfanatics Keeper League: Year 7

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Zapp Brannigan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

If hat is the ultimate resolution my wife and I are out of the league. Find a new person or commissioner administration until a replacement is found. There is no possible rationale for doing otherwise. This allows for finding a new coach to take over, the longer that goes by the less likely someone is to take over. I can't even believe this is a question.

2. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

My wife suggests that everyone would get a chance to manage the team week to week. Anything, literally anything is better than having one team accrue no points and it is that important to me that I will leave the league. It's impossible to have any excitement with one team being not present.

3. Junzi Nicuzn

Junzi Nicuzn Gaijin Samurai

No, I definitely do not like that last suggestion. I'm in favor of the 'commish just sets the best line up' option until we can get a new manager. If we make them a bye week team we'll never get anyone to take the slot because who wants to join a league mid-season when that team has been set up to lose? Best line up can just be players with most projected points, with the exception of out players whose projections have not been updated.

While I can respect the reasons leading to the decision that was made, what I cannot respect was that it was made hours before this week's games with no time for the league to prep. Leaving us in exactly this situation. I'm going to PM Zapp, just in case he is unaware of the current situation, because I would like him to weigh in at this point.

4. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Lord of the Idiots

Sorry all, I have been on 2 unexpected business trips for most of the last 2 weeks, and have been distracted by work, and have not got online. I really have no excuse, given that I have the whole internet in my pocket at all times......

Anyways, I need to first apologize to woody for the awful keeper decisions I made for him. That decision is probably a good clue on why I have been bottom 3 for 4 of the last 6 years.....

As for madviking leaving because Ray Rice is a wife beater... I am quite confused, its not like Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti is giving away the Ravens because his star is a screw up, he is going to make due how ever he can. It is part of the game, and can not be predicted.

Anyways, I will look for an owner, and control it until we can find one.

5. Zapp Brannigan

I just set his roster for the week. Everyone look and let me know if you agree.

6. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

May as well put Pittsburgh in as DST since its the only one he has.

7. Junzi Nicuzn

He probably didn't bother since it would have resulted in the same amount of points as not having them. Line up looks good to me.

8. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Well, I am as set as I can be considering Mr. Tate is down and out and also considering that my QB picks just haven't been as impressive as I'd hoped, though not fair to judge on one week I guess.

EDIT: On a totally unrelated not, it's freaky seeing two "huh" smileys in two different sigs in a row.

9. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

1st: it's my fault, not yours, I should be the one to apologize, I shouldn't have out burst-ed like that at you sir. (I know your joking because Luck did AMAZING, but the apology still stands.)

Also I have said this before, my friend (Dallas, he's just a lurker) Co-manages my team with me. He said he would like to take over the team if that is allowed?

10. Zapp Brannigan

Woody, have your friend PM me, and we will try to get it set up. It may not be set up until late in the week, as I will be traveling from monday until Friday.\

Thankfully, I'll have not more travel for 3 weeks, until I go to China in mid October for 3 weeks.

11. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

Cool beans.

12. MobBoss

Perhaps I can explain it this way. It is much more fair for an abandoned team to create a bye situation for each and every week for each team it plays rather than end up with a potentially commissioner run team going into the playoffs let alone championship.

For example, I lost this match I should have won, partly because I didn't have any good options on Brandon Marshall actually starting on a late game as he was expected to not start and choose to replace him, plus the fact of players on an unmanaged team beating their expectations.

It was merely a suggestion, and if that pissed you off so much that you and your wife would quit then so be it. I'd rather have people that keep their teams no matter what anyway. But I personally still think it a more fair suggestion than the possibility of ending up with an abandoned team keeping someone out of the playoffs.

13. Junzi Nicuzn

Coincidentally, had we followed the bye week strategy, MobBoss would be the only team to enjoy the benefit of two bye weeks.

14. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

:lol: Sorry I'm not as self serving as you, I guess? Be less transparent next time ;)

Edit: The only reason it upsets me at all is because it's so obviously stupid and the only silver lining was the humor in you suggesting it.

15. MobBoss

Again, I don't think it 'obviously' stupid at all, and you don't have to be a jerk about it either. At least you don't see me throwing a fit and threatening to quit the league over it.

And this was completely unknown to me when I suggested it. But you're free to believe what you want.

I still think a solution that treats everyone equally the best choice.

16. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

And this solution doesnt treat everyone equally? ill give it a rest because you dont need to be piled upon but honestly, i worry about you.

17. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Hey Zapp, make sure to put the Steeler defense in the lineup and that team may take me down... again.

18. pacesplace

pacesplace Prince

Falcons fan with Julio and Matt Ryan on my team... What a night.

19. MobBoss

Save your worry for someone that needs it bud. You cant get more equal than everyone playing them gets a win. Having zap run them each week means whomever wins/loses will be completely random and up to chance.

I think most would be pissed if an un-owned team simply being run by the commissioner kept them from making the playoffs simply because player X had a great/bad night. But that's just me.

20. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

So, has an owner been found for the vacant team? I agree with Mobboss, if we don't get an owner by next week, just empty the active roster and treat it as a bye week for everyone. He lost the first match anyway, so any advantage he might have had is gone.