1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2014 Civfanatics Keeper League: Year 7

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Zapp Brannigan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. grahamiam

grahamiam In debt to Mr. Geisel

Good lord, I'm not sure I'm ever going to win a match up this year :eek: :lol:

2. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

And to think I wanted to trade Luck for Cutler and Vincent Jackson.

3. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Thanks for supporting the idea. I guess its not as stupid as someone thinks. :rolleyes:

But if Zap wants to keep playing two teams in the league just to keep up appearances, i'll abide by what he decides. I'm no quitter.

4. bhsup

bhsup Deity

FWIW, folks, it looks like I'll be filling the roll of "guaranteed win" opponent for the league regardless of what is done with the abandoned team.

5. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

I could spend time providing ample rational arguments against creating a bye week with one specific but they all lead to this one point -

The difference between having an active and inactive manager is barely noticeable during the season. So unnoticable I could conceivably pose as a 3rd party who is interested in taking over the team, play it no different than Zapp would, and still have probably the same results and you would be none the wiser. The only real important thing is that there is a human input to draft a team or a reasonable stand in for that. If you can't tell the difference between a zombie and a human during in season management (and there are a fair number of coaches even in our league who manage like zombies, never touching the waiver wire.) why do you care? If Madviking had died and nobody noticed would you want Zapp to retroactively give bye weeks?

It makes no sense to actively tank a team, and not only tank a team but also hold on to all their players. So not only are you actively changing things after the season starts, you're also depriving other coaches of the opportunity at those players. No trades are even possible.

To top it off, there is no possible way to undo this if a coach becomes available.

And I haven't heard a single compelling reason other than you can't beat an absent party and that bothers you. Draft better next year.

6. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

I had the 2nd highest draft grade in this years draft.

And I find your premise that in season management means nothing greatly lacking.

The compelling reason is participation should be rewarded, being absent or throwing a fit and quitting shouldn't be.

7. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

I haven't read the thread and have no idea how a tram came to be vacant or what it looks like, but I'll fill in as owner if needed.

8. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

PM Zapp.

9. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Lord of the Idiots

I have set this weeks line up, and it looks like we have an owner to take over next week. I just need to figure out how to switches owners of a team.

10. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

Draft grades don't mean squat - QED

11. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Woody? :scan: regarding trade.

12. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

It's a great trade. I love it.

13. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Then why did you reject it? Make offer again?

14. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

Did I? Odd. Send it again.

15. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Well, OK then.

16. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Are you messing with me? You rejected it again. :confused:

Maybe you should do the trade. Go to my team and create trade. Then I will accept.

17. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

Why would I be messing with you. You want to trade me Cam Newton for Andrew Luck. Cam is up there with fantasy greats such as Derek Carr and Geno Smith. And as a Chicagoan, Geno Smith makes me think of Gino's East. And Gino's East is delicious pizza, what logically means this trade is equally delicious.

You can't argue with solid logic like this. Send that trade again. Do you know why this trade keep getting rejected?

18. grahamiam

grahamiam In debt to Mr. Geisel

:D good stuff!

19. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Oh I see. Enjoy your spot.

Nothing could be easier than saying no since I also offered to change it up with a counter-offer involving others. I should know better than to try to trade with you anyway. My mistake.

Best regards.

20. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Well frak you, Brady. Oh and you too, Romo, for that matter, though you finally managed to have a decent week... after I decided to go with Brady.

I cannot friggin' believe I am saying this, but I may well start Eli Manning next week...