1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2014 Civfanatics Keeper League: Year 7

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Zapp Brannigan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

Yep, that's what my vote is for.

2. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

I hate you, Philip Rivers, I really, really hate you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Haha... he got me a couple of years ago. :mad:

4. Junzi Nicuzn

Junzi Nicuzn Gaijin Samurai

I, for one, am just looking forward to this bye-week madness being over. Can't wait until I can go back to putting up a decent score.

5. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

So, my dreaded bye week has arrived. Half of my team is off this week. Like if I didn't have enough woes already...

6. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Yeah, thanks Yahoo Sports. It's not like I forgot already...

7. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

And I really, really like him. :lol: Of course, he could have done well and it might not have mattered - I had a pretty good game even with Foles going out early.

8. MobBoss

Question. Should Zap move players off the bench for teams that don't move bye week/injured players off their starting roster?

I know he filled in players for the boycott fiasco in week 2. But this week, Juggernaut!!!! left 4 players with bye weeks on their starting roster with players on their bench that could be filled in.

For the sake of consistency should Zapp move the players off that bench into the lineup that could have played or still play on Monday night?

9. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

:band:

Let us give thanks for noble MobBoss, purely motivated by looking out for the integrity of the league!

/sarcasm

10. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

I know my team sucks big time, but I'll still try to compete as much as I can. Good luck to you all...

11. bhsup

bhsup Deity

I need Greg Olsen kneecapped before 7pm tomorrow night. Anybody got Tonya Harding's ex's phone number?

12. MobBoss

You can be sarcastic all you want. Earlier in the league I advocated a 'hand's off' approach, but that was overridden by the commissioner. Its only fair that it at least be applied consistently.

And yes, several of us are in the hunt to try and make the playoffs in this league and competing with you for that. You basically getting a freebie in week 10 isn't exactly fair for those trying to catch you.

Tell you what...take the points and win away from your team that you got in week 2 and you keep your win this week. i'll be happy with that as well. Just as long as its consistent, that's all.

13. Timsup2nothin

You're 3-6. If you think my opponent's play or lack thereof is your biggest problem look again.

14. Junzi Nicuzn

The key difference between the boycott team and Juggernaut is that Boycott was abandoned, while Juggernaut I believe is still somewhat active (I know they set their lineup last week). And unless we know for sure that team has been abandoned, I don't think Zapp should run it for them. I do, however, agree that this has a significant affect on the playoff scenario in the league, especially with so many still in the hunt. We need to confirm the status of the team - if abandoned then Zapp should start setting the lineup, if not, well, then Tim got an easy win.

15. MobBoss

I'll be 4-6 after this week, will be in 8th place and only 1 win away from passing you in the rankings, and close to qualifying for the playoffs. I also have more points scored than you putting me ahead in any equal record situation.

And yeah, I think if your opponent even fields the two guys on his bench that he could have, you lose this week and fall to 10th or 11th.

Do you deny this?

The league shows no actions by Juggernaut since 2 Nov - 8 days ago.

Less time than that had passed when Zapp set the roster for Boycott in week 2.

Bear in mind I'm not asking for guys off the waiver wire to be taken. I simply think the guys available on the bench should be in the line up.

I don't see how that's any different at all.

16. Timsup2nothin

Well, in one case the owner had expressed that they were boycotting and thus abandoning their team, while in the other there has been no such declaration. That's different.

Of course one directly harmed you, and the other would benefit you, which if you were honest enough to admit is the real difference that caught your interest would actually make your position somewhat respectable.

For my part I hadn't even looked at the record from before I took over the team, but I greatly appreciate that you brought this up so that I would notice that it was you who lost in week two. :rotfl:

Absolutely made this whole taking over the abandoned team thing worthwhile!

17. Junzi Nicuzn

That last activity coincides with setting up their lineup before the previous week's games. The truth is we don't know why that team was neglected this week. It could be abandonment, though I doubt that since her husband is currently kicking my keister. It could be a real-life emergency has prevented her from checking something as low-priority as a fantasy football team. Or something else entirely. My stance on the whole thing is as long as that team has an owner, the commish should not be doing anything with it - including fixing an owner's mistakes or neglect. If we can confirm abandonment, then he can step in and fix the lineup. Until then, for better or worse, it is still Juggernaut's team.

18. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

My wife has been ill over the past week and a half - i'll give her a nudge on this (she's juggernaut)

19. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

Also, what a finish - the eagles defense and kelvin benjamin laying it down on me.

20. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

Hasn't it?
    :lol: