2015 MLB Offseason

Light Cleric

ElCee/LC/El Cid
This was requested a while ago and no one made it so I figured I'd do it even though I suck at OPs.

Braves traded Shelby Miller to the Diamondbacks. I was bracing myself for this deal for a week now, expecting a pretty mediocre haul.

Instead we get Dansby Swanson(the #1 overall pick in the draft), Aaron Blair, and Ender Inciarte. Holy crap.

I was very unhappy with the Simmons trade but it makes total sense now if they already had the trade for Swanson in the works. An amazing SS prospect, a great pitching prospect and a legitimate outfielder. This looks like a total fleecing and all the baseball people I've been reading think the same thing.

Yeah, that was a big haul, and I read that several connections inside the game itself that some beat writers have (like, scouts and GMs and stuff) were frustrated about it.

The Tigers will suck again. From last year, when they were just under .500 at the trade deadline, they have:

Out:
David Price
Yoenis Cespedes
Rajai Davis
Alex Avila

In:
Jordan Zimmerman
K-Rod
some other relievers
Cameron Maybin
Mike Pelfrey

Definitely more talent out than in there, and the entire rotation is a giant ?, while the health of many key players not only in the rotation but starting 9 can no longer be counted on. RIP.

Yeah Dbacks got absolutely hosed in that trade. I had no idea Shelby Miller was worth that much (he's not)

The Dave Stewart/LaRussa regime is making a number of questionable moves at the helm of the D backs. Loved them on the A's though.

So what now Cardinals?

Apparently 4 years of Shelby Miller under team control just became a one year rental of Jason Heyward...

Definitely more talent out than in there, and the entire rotation is a giant ?, while the health of many key players not only in the rotation but starting 9 can no longer be counted on. RIP.

I guess they just hope that the starters aren't hurt and bad, and Victor Martinez isn't hurt and bad, and Iglesias isn't hurt, and Castellanos isn't bad, and Gose/Maybin isn't bad, and the bullpen isn't bad and... Okay, maybe the Tigers actually aren't that good.

So what now Cardinals?

Apparently 4 years of Shelby Miller under team control just became a one year rental of Jason Heyward...

Well, how were they supposed to know that the Diamondbacks were crazy enough to trade an OF about as good as Miller but cheaper with more years of team control and also throw in their last two first-round draft picks?

Well, how were they supposed to know that the Diamondbacks were crazy enough to trade an OF about as good as Miller but cheaper with more years of team control and also throw in their last two first-round draft picks?

I agree that the Dbacks gave up a lot to get Miller, but what does that have to do with the fact that the Cardinals only got a one year rental of Jason Heyward in exchange for Shelby Miller?

Not true! They also got Jordan Walden, and the draft pick that they get for losing Heyward in free agency.

Giants pick up Johnny Cueto

Bumgarner-Cueto-Samardzija-Cain(?) is not a bad 1-2-3-4

Where does Peavy go? Ahead of Cain or behind him?

Not true! They also got Jordan Walden, and the draft pick that they get for losing Heyward in free agency.

And that's worth more than another three years of Shelby Miller under team control?

Giants look pretty good right now. With that infield and that rotation...all they need is an OF. Unlike everyone on KNBR I don't see it being Gordon, not with the money already spent.

And that's worth more than another three years of Shelby Miller under team control?

Depends, which do you want more, 1 year of a 6-WAR player and 3 of a ~1 WAR reliever or 4 years of a 2-WAR player?

Well it'll be an even-numbered year, so the Giants are a lock :cool:

yeah, when Cueto signed he literally said that. It's an even year so it's a lock.

that *HAS* to stop <_<

RIP Dave Henderson.

We Red Sox fans often forget that 'Hendu' was barely here - 36 games in '86 and 75 in '87 before moving on - and struggled while he was. But it was one swing of the bat that put him in this fan's mental Hall of Fame, dropping a pitch from California's Donnie Moore (they were the California Angels back then) just over the left field fence in game 5 of the '86 ALCS. Subsequent events would overshadow the feat, but for a moment, there was pandemonium in Red Sox Nation, and Hendu was the man of the hour.

After that, he returned to the West Coast and became a part of the Oakland juggernaut of Jose Canseco, Ricky Henderson, Dave Stewart, et al. It was there that he had his best seasons, '88-'91, and he deserves to be remembered mainly as an Athletic. We still have that home run, though. We're keeping that one.

Top Bottom