2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs

I can think of some times in my life where putting on a ton of gear and going out in front of twenty thousand people for three hours would have been pretty awkward. Sometimes it takes guts, and sometimes guts take you...like it or not.

My cousin's HS football team member actually got the crap knocked out of him near the sideline. :eek:

Another cousin HAD to throw up before every football game- HS, at Duke, and for the Birmingham Stallions... that is alot of vomit.

Worst thing I have seen is on a double play (in softball) the runner trying to break it up got hit by the SS's throw. Right in the nuts. He had to have one removed. OWWWWW.
He was back playing in 2 weeks. Those softball guys are... crazy. :crazyeye:

Hockey player would have just had the busted nut popped off right there on the bench and been out for his next shift.

Well, there were only 3 of us predicting the playoff results, and Oda failed to give prediction for the final, looks like Tim's got it wrapped up (not that it matters of course)

1. Timsup2nothin 17 points
2 daft 14 pts
3 Oda Nobunaga 13 pts

Scoring went as follows:

1st and 2nd round
2 points for correct series winner in correct number of games
1 point for series winner - wrong amount of total games played

3rd round
2 points for correct series winner in right number of games
1 point for series winner only - not right number of games
1 additional point for predicting the correct series winner and thus Conference Champion

Stanley Cup Finals
2 points for series winner in right number of games
1 point for series winner only - wrong number of total games
2 additional points for predicting series winner and thus Stanley Cup Champion

I'd also add that Tim got 5 series winners spot on (right amount of games), 5 out of 14 (so far), not bad at all, I got only 4 right on and Oda only 2.
Thanks for playing!

Thanks Daft. I was thinking of going back to figure all that out...but...well...laziness.

Congratulations to the Blackhawks; Duncan Keith who was an iron man among iron men, Corey Crawford who came back from a very rough first series in the playoffs, and all the rest.

My people come from Chicago, and I could potentially be a Blackhawks fan...but to be honest if I get through the rest of my life without hearing Chelsea Dagger, the stupid song the play in Chicago whenever the home team scores, I would feel better for it.

bleh. how disappointing.

I'm curious if you can put your finger on why. I'm feeling sort of the same, like there was a real lack of drama this playoffs, but objectively speaking: the finals went to the last five minutes of game six before either team established so much as a two goal lead. From a close played hockey standpoint that series should go down as one for the ages...but :dunno:

I'm curious if you can put your finger on why. I'm feeling sort of the same, like there was a real lack of drama this playoffs, but objectively speaking: the finals went to the last five minutes of game six before either team established so much as a two goal lead. From a close played hockey standpoint that series should go down as one for the ages...but :dunno:

original 6 perennial stanley cup champion wins another stanley cup. it's never not boring. particularly when they do so by beating a possible first-time winner.

Tampa Bay didn't win before, maybe like a decade ago? I thought I remembered that, but I'm not a huge hockey fan . . .

Yeah they did. You remember correctly.

Might be something to that dynasty bit. More because of their recent run of success than the original six part.

I've been thinking though that there just weren't any characters. The classic "elder statesman who never won gets last shot at the cup" was there, but in reality he was nothing but a bench ornament so didn't generate any feeling during the series, or really even when they won. Certainly no Ray Borque or Brett Hull moment when Timanen hoisted the cup. The recognizable faces of the Blackhawks pretty much all have their name on the cup twice already and any that didn't weren't playing significant roles. I think that's at least part of it. Plus all the Lightning players of note are such youngsters you can't even really feel bad for them because they'll have more shots.

Just seemed sort of flat.

Neither of the goalies were particularly dazzling. Proficient certainly, but not given to the sort of 'wow' acrobatics that make goalies fun to watch, like Hasek or Guiere. I think I spelled that second guy wrong . . .

A torn groin? :eek: Jeez, Big Ben.

That is some serious pain believe you me.

I was yelling at my TV for five minutes after Hedman and Bishop collided in game 5.

But all in all, it was a very entertaining Stanley Cup. Going into game 6, shots on goal were tied and neither team had ever had a 2 goal lead.

I wasn't sad to see the Blackhawks win, even though I wanted the home team to win, and that silly song has the be the most obnoxious tune ever.

And now I read this:

Stanley Cup's high-speed rush to United Center reaches 100 mph

Too bad they didn't have incar video...

Top Bottom