1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2016 National Political Conventions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by onejayhawk, Jul 17, 2016.

1. danjuno

danjuno Emperor

I loved Marty Walsh.

2. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

i can't be snide

-j

3. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

Are you sure it is exclusively for premium tickets? For total comparison it would need to also know who such discounts is otherwise available.

Premium tickets available to people in business/congress is not really anything new or inherently corrupt, if she is using her personal credit card and not using it as a business expense or taxpayer expense. And I doubt there is a powerful Broadway lobby that DWS is going to give kick backs to because she gets tickets to a show, even if it explicitly is for DNC chair or high ranking democratic officials or senators/representatives for New York (or more broadly to any congressional representative)

4. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

DNC on fuego

5. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

How is there a chilling effect there?

6. Pangur Bán

Pangur Bán Deconstructed

I understand what they were trying to do, but that Franken-Silverman routine was so cringe-inducing.

7. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I am a republican but that speech by Cory Booker was so inspiring!! WOW!!

8. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

Why are we not basking in her awesomeness like so many planets orbiting the blinding fury of a star?? Why is she not the Pres or VP nominee??? ANSWER ME!!! :cry:

9. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

Dems are hammering Trump U right now, which is probably smart since Trump's biggest wobble came after his hateful comments toward Judge Curiel - combines the "he is a fraud" and "he is a racist" parts of his lovely personality
    she didn't run for the presidential nominee

also I guarantee her high favorables would plummet once she started seeking office, because she is a female politician

10. Pangur Bán

Pangur Bán Deconstructed

They're frontloading all these charismatic lefties to kill off the Bernie hardliners early, but who knows what's coming up in the next part of the WikiLeaks DNC series or when it's getting released.

11. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

If Trumps speech was a "three run homer" (not that I think it was even close) then the DNC is like steroid freaks competing in a home run derby. Simple ordinary folks have knocked it out of the park, Booker sprayed more into the stands than I could keep count of, and Michelle Obama was pounding them out of the stadium one after another.

Stupid baseball analogies aside, I'm with the CNN guy who said "If you weren't moved by that you should see a doctor."

12. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

"The men trying to shout down Elizabeth Warren are proving why Bernie did better at caucuses"
    -@loather

nb: it's like two guys but they're right next to a lot of the media crews

was pretty funny when one of them got hoarse though

13. danjuno

danjuno Emperor

Loving Elizabeth Warren. She did what drew me to here from the beginning.

edit: Bernie can't even start with all the cheering.

14. danjuno

danjuno Emperor

edit: double post

15. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Because she is needed in the Senate. Plus, there is no way that as the VP candidate she could be any more effective as an attack dog ripping Trump's guts out than she already is, but Kaine's elevation serves a strong purpose in the fight.

16. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Reading the full transcript of Sanders' speech, it's quite the ringing endorsement. A couple of months ago we were discussing how full-throated or half-hearted Sanders would be when he eventually conceded. It appears the answer is 'maximum endorsement'.

I'm not actually watching the speech now, though - I wonder if it comes off the same way on TV.

17. Arwon

Arwon

Apparently he's going through his entire platform and explaining how much better Clinton is on each point.

18. metalhead

metalhead Angry Bartender

Yeah, it does. He's in total stump mode on her behalf. It's effective, and it seems to be pretty cathartic for the room. Really great job by Bernie, truly. Speech of his life, perhaps, and I am quite sure it was not an easy one for him to give.

Can we just talk about Michelle for a second? I'm pretty sure I've never seen someone have that kind of command over a room. I thought following that amazing Cory Booker speech that she was going to have a tall order, but holy cow. That was a really, really powerful statement about why this matters, far beyond politics. Can we, um, trade Hillary for her??

19. Pangur Bán

Pangur Bán Deconstructed

Bernie's done what must have been very hard, but what he thought was right. Still, earlier today he was talking about living in the 'real world' and that sort of thing, now 'proud'. That's a bit surprising.

20. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

Because Hillary never wanted her. Because borderline republican policies aren't a tactical policy she temporarily for 20 some odd years. They represent the actual trajectory of her policies.