2016 NCAA Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by onejayhawk, Oct 18, 2016.

1. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

The first preseason poll comes out Thursday. It is pretty much given that Kentucky, Duke and Kansas will be three of the top five. The Finalists, North Carolina and Villanova, look to be lower. Michigan State and Indiana should rule the Big 10 and Arizona looks big out West. The mid-major story has become Wichita State and everyone else.

In other news, a major scandal at Syracuse has the Orange forfeiting 101 games and a Big East title.
    http://collegebasketball.nbcsports....ig-east-title-multiple-seasons-worth-of-wins/

J

2. onejayhawk

3. Commodore

Commodore Deity

Xavier seems to be off to a pretty good start so far after suffering a bit of a scare from Lehigh. Of course, this early in the season, being undefeated doesn't really mean much.

4. onejayhawk

Unsung Baylor has knocked off the Musketeers, their third top 10 team. First Oregon, throw in preseason top 10 Michigan State, then Louisville, now Xavier.

Baylor now owns the RPI #1 slot. Who are those guys?

J

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  5. Commodore

Commodore Deity

Got my picks in on CBS Sports. I filled out three brackets based on three different metrics to make my picks. The first bracket was based on comparing offensive and defensive stats for each individual matchup, the second based on RPI ranking, and the third based on strength of schedule ranking. In all three brackets though, the teams in the play-in games were automatically picked to lose their first round matchup though regardless of what their numbers were. Here are my Final Fours for each bracket with the champion bolded:

Bracket 1: Villanova, Gonzaga, Oregon, Wichita State

Bracket 2: Villanova, Arizona, Kansas, Kentucky

Bracket 3: Duke, Vanderbilt, Louisville, Butler

6. ummmm........

ummmm........ Extremely normal.

I would be all like S-E-C! S-E-C! S-E-C! right now, but I just don't follow basketball at all, so :/

7. Commodore

Commodore Deity

I'm ecstatic right now. Xavier is having another magical run in the tournament and is just one win away from the first Final Four in school history.

8. Gen.Mannerheim

Gen.Mannerheim Grand Moff

As a Mississippi State alumni, I'm soooo proud of our Lady Dawgs making history by snapping UConn's 111 game win streak and advancing to the National Championship game. Hail State!!!