1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 NFL Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Serutan, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Need those draft picks buddy... need those draft picks... didnt want to spend em on another untested QB, who turns out to be another Alex Smith.

2. johnniewalk

johnniewalk Chieftain

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL BETTING PREVIEW AND ODDS: BRONCOS AT COLTS

3. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

What a **** show of a team...Delay of game on special teams, missed cheap shot field goal by a multi-million dollar kicker, terrible QB play...I guess we're picking top 3 on next year's draft...

4. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

These sky cam camera angles are terrible to watch...On the bright side, it clearly shows how terrible Denver QBs are...

5. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

Damn we can’t even tank right...Osweiler just ruined our chances of getting a top 5 pick...

6. caketastydelish

caketastydelish By any means necessary

Now that's not a fair criticism. For the vast majority of the time I saw him play (to be fair I didn't watch everything) he just handed the ball off, something any QB in that situation would have done, and there's nothing remarkable about it.

He was playing to win, and I'm sure they wanted him to. How humiliating would a loss to A Colts team without Andrew Luck have been? There are great players (which Denver, for example, has) which will be happy to be traded to other teams if they consider their current team to be a joke. The "Denver would be great and you should stick around because all we need now is a QB" argument is weakened in a loss to Indy. You all already have a good draft choice, that should be fine. The Colts and 49ers will draft before you but they already have a QB. There's no way you could get a better pick than the Browns or Giants. A team only a few years separated from a Super Bowl is just not that bad. The Bears and Bucs already have a QB. There's only a possibility you could truly "lose" to the Jets.

7. caketastydelish

Ok, so I’m done watching that game. Been watching the Patriots vs Steelers in the second half because that slaughter was just too much to witness. I wasn’t expecting the peepeepoopoo man to be so cruel. :(

8. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

Unfortunately it's not on here because I would love to see how the stands look and if you could actually count up to the 12th man

9. Sommerswerd

Yeah peepeepoopoo man overdid it a little... that was uncalled for:blush:

10. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

But, but, this was Russell Wilson's chance to show what a great fourth quarter quarterback he is. I'd guess the Rams would cheerfully allow him to throw three or four TDs.

11. Light Cleric

See Pats fans, this is why we think you're dumbasses when you whine about the league being against you.

This isn't even the most egregious last-minute TD the refs have taken away from one of your opponents to bail you out this season

caketastydelish likes this.
  12. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

The problem was it was the Wade Phillips' chance to show what you can do with a talented defense and an opponent with no offensive
    line, and and only 1 player to worry about.

13. caketastydelish

Our set of wide receivers is decent and Graham has been a top tight end. Our O-line has gotten better later in the year (especially after the Duane Browne trade) and Mike Davis seems to be a solid answer at running back. That said, any team, no matter how good they usually are, are capable of getting slaughtered. Just ask Denver in Super Bowl 48. Not that we're as good now as Denver was then, but you get the point. It's still possible that we get a wildcard spot but not something to count on. We're sure as hell not going to pass either the Saints or Panthers and Atlanta owns a tiebreaker against us. Atlanta is playing two games this year with some possibility they could lose (Panthers and Saints) but I wouldn't count on it. If they lose both those games and we win out we can still make the playoffs, but again, I wouldn't count on it.

Yeah, that was outrageous. I'm going to be super pissed if the Pats even show up to the Super Bowl this year, and even more pissed if they win.

14. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

Russell Wilson just cost me my fantasy season with that horrible performance...I'm really pissed Denver let Wade Phillips go as defensive coordinator...While the Broncos' defense remains somewhat good, they have slipped in the points allowed and turnover categories...

Also, the NFL might just hand the Patriots the Lombardi Trophy already, if they're gonna keep with these BS calls in their favor...

15. Sommerswerd

The call was correct. What folks want is a rule change... which you can't really do in the middle of a game.

I like the rule as-is frankly. All the kiddie pool rules that the QBs and Receivers already benefit from make the passing game so freaking OP as it is... the least they (the NFL) can do is require receivers to maintain control of the ball all the way to the ground.

16. caketastydelish

I'm pretty sure as soon as the season ends for the Seahawks (especially if they don't make the playoffs) they're headed a different direction coaching wise. Or at least they should. Carroll can stay, perhaps Bevell can (him I'm like 50/50 on) but Cable and our new "defensive coordinator" absolutely need to go. We have a defense with an abundance of talent that plays below their potential because we run mediocre, outdated vanilla schemes. On the offensive side of the ball, Cable has been unforgivable. We could probably do better than Bevell but there is absolutely no justification for keeping Cable at this point.

17. Light Cleric

I'm going to be polite and say Darrell Bevell sucks ass from a straw

Also, a lot of what Seattle has always done is "vanilla" schemes. They didn't have to get too complicated because they were just that good. No point in being overly complex if you can just say "ours guys are better than your guys" and be right most of the time. Unfortunately it's hard to plug second-string guys into a system like that.

18. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

And for what it is worth the source of that vanilla defense is Carroll, who was more than happy to take all the credit for the "innovation" of not needing to scheme. It worked great when USC was buying him the best players, and it worked great when his first hand knowledge of graduating players was informing the Seattle drafts (the legion of boom, three out of four were fifth round picks that no one else knew anything about). Now that he doesn't know any more about the incoming players than anyone else he's looking pretty ordinary.

Historically, the greatest thing that I've ever heard said about a coach is "he could take his and beat yours, and if you let him swap on the next weekend he'd take yours and beat his." No one has EVER said that about Pete Carroll.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  19. caketastydelish

There are a fringe minority of coaches where you could say that though.

20. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

No doubt. Bear Bryant is who it was originally (AFAIK) said about. Bill Wash and Billy Bellyache are the others that come to mind.