2018 NFL Regular Season!!!!

On my list of CFCers I would enjoy spending a day with in real life @Sommerswerd is certainly in the top tier. Today would have been a great day for it. For me at least.

Have you had a chance to check on the Rams/49ers game since you got in?
Yeah, BeatHard threw 2 interceptions as per the norm. I've actually been having a lot of fun today razzing my cousin who is a Bears fan. I texted him that "BeatHard is almost as bad as Trubisky... good thing BeatHard is the backup":evil: He blew a gasket and started rage wall-of-texting me. I just keep pointing out that the Bears are in last place, same as the 49ers... he loses his squeeze and wall of texts me again. I've been ignoring him for the last couple hours, but I can hear the phone buzzing every couple of minutes so I know its him. :lol:

Small pleasures ;)

Yeah, BeatHard threw 2 interceptions as per the norm. I've actually been having a lot of fun today razzing my cousin who is a Bears fan. I texted him that "BeatHard is almost as bad as Trubisky... good thing BeatHard is the backup":evil: He blew a gasket and started rage wall-of-texting me. I just keep pointing out that the Bears are in last place, same as the 49ers... he loses his squeeze and wall of texts me again. I've been ignoring him for the last couple hours, but I can hear the phone buzzing every couple of minutes so I know its him. :lol:

Small pleasures ;)

Get 'em my friend, get 'em.

FWIW the 49ers got beat top to bottom and side to side...Beathard couldn't have stemmed that tide if he'd been possessed by Joe Montana's mind, Steve Young's legs, and Colin Kaeprnick's arm all at the same time.

Get 'em my friend, get 'em.

FWIW the 49ers got beat top to bottom and side to side...Beathard couldn't have stemmed that tide if he'd been possessed by Joe Montana's mind, Steve Young's legs, and Colin Kaeprnick's arm all at the same time.
They didn't show the game here obviously cause of the market. I got to watch the Patriots-Bears game which was thoroughly enjoyable, being able to razz him while I was watching... He lives in Tampa, so he was stuck with Bucs-Browns... who are (Browns) incidentally my younger brother's team... so every time he razzed my brother, I treated him to a retaliatory one:) Family tradition.

Also my best friend from childhood is a Rams fan and my baby sister is a lifelong Pats fan... all of us are on the text thread so needless to say, today has been VERY interesting. Its been a fun day, I actually do wish you and I got to hang out today... It would have been a great one :D

Truth be told it would have given me some inclination to watch the game. I had two morning games to choose from, but afternoon was just Rams...and without a 49er fan to pick on it was sort of like watching a cooking show. Some interesting technique here and there, but you know from the start it is going to end with something cooked on a plate.

I like how the Browns already managed to lose to their two most winnable opponents (Raiders and Bucs).

They beat the Ravens but when they play them in Baltimore that will be much harder (the Ravens statistically have the best home-field advantage). They'll be playing the Steelers again... in Pittsburgh instead of Cleveland, and they'll be coming off a bye week.

The Browns aren't facing any particularly weak teams left other than the Falcons, and I wouldn't put it past the Browns to mess up to them too.

I'll be honest though, I actually WANT them to suck bad for just one more season so they can get one more great draft (which I think will be enough). I'd be highly surprised if the Browns don't get a top 5 pick.

Edit: I didn’t get to see Browns vs Bucs but the stats make it all the more hilarious. Winston throws 0 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 61.5 QB rating... and the Browns still manage to mess that up. You have a team that wasn’t that strong to begin with AND their QB wets the bed and it still isn’t enough for you.

Last edited:
Anyone who saw my post in the NFL pick'em for this week would know I thought the Chiefs would win (and by at least 6 points).

I was not, however, expecting a no-mercy slaughter. The Bengals are hardly a bad team this year either.

When the Chiefs offense gets rolling it generates this cloud of hopelessness that just envelops the opposing defense. It's not just that they are getting beat, it's that they are doing everything right and still getting beat. Then after a while they just look up at the scoreboard and fold.

The Chiefs are better right now than they’ve ever been before under Reid as far as I can see. At this point in time I’d say they’re AFC favorites to reach the Super Bowl. If they can secure home field advantage I don’t see New England beating them in Kansas City.

Last edited:
The Cheatriots revealed the secret of beating them, which is just a matter of being able to run the ball down their throats and keep their offense from being on the field enough to get that roll going. But I don't see many teams who can do that, outside of Los Angeles anyway.

Whether the game is held in Gillette or Arrowhead makes a huge difference.

I don't think this Chiefs team is equipped to beat the Rams, but any other NFC team they might. The Rams would have to play worse than themselves in the playoffs (or another team overperforms) for the Rams to not make the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs have also had a lot of injured players on defense recently, and with those players healthy their defense is significantly better. I still say the Rams are better but the Chiefs are legit contenders.

The Cheatriots revealed the secret of beating them, which is just a matter of being able to run the ball down their throats and keep their offense from being on the field enough to get that roll going. But I don't see many teams who can do that, outside of Los Angeles anyway.

If memory serves, we get the answer to that last on November 19. Barring key injuries of course.

In the old days, I would have been satisfied to watch the Bears just be competitive against the Pats. No more. I was not satisfied.
A few less bone head moves. Sigh. I will be expecting better against the Jets :lol:

Cowboys send a 1st to the Raiders for Cooper. Jerry looks to be going into "one more before I croak" mode...

BTW, is it me :old: , or did Gruden not make it sound like he was thinking of a full gut of the team when he first showed up?

Top Bottom