2018 season NFL playoffs

Be honest, if someone had asked "hey who was their starting quarterback when they went to the superbowl?" could you have answered?

I think so, although it would certainly have taken longer to dredge it up. I have a way of remembering things like that, but forgetting what I went to the grocery for.

I also think Natrone Means was on that team - I remember him since he was one of Berman's favorite nicknames.

I actually remember Natrone Means. Not like I could have answered "who was the Chargers horse running back when they went to the superbowl?" but if someone said "hey, Natrone Means, who did he play for?" I could answer. If the name Stan Humphries came at me out of the blue I couldn't have said "quarterback" with any real confidence and would never have come up with Chargers as a team for him. If asked to list Charger starting quarterbacks before Philip Rivers I'd have said "Drew Brees, Dan Fouts, John Hadl, and I'm sure there were others."

That should have been a delay of game. Time will tell if that’s a fluke or if the refs are rooting for the home team.

I love how when a player is lying on the field injured, they play the sad sounding piano version of the NFL on Fox song as they cut to commercial.

Man, these two have sure made a smooth transition from shootout to slugfest. What a game by the Saints and the Rams.

*posted at the three quarter mark

I can't believe McVay decided not to go for it on 4th and goal. They would probably be in the lead by 4 points. Or the Saints would have got the ball at the 1-yard line with a defense that includes Suh, Donald, Fowler, Talib, Peters, etc.

That should have been a delay of game. Time will tell if that’s a fluke or if the refs are rooting for the home team.

It's pretty apparent now that they aren't.

As much as I hate the Patriots, if they win this game (based on what I've seen so far) they deserve it.

With regards to the previous game, a realization I just made:

I will own up to rooting for the Rams after the Seahawks were out primarily because I want the team to succeed in the LA market.

My realization is that Rodger Goodell probably agrees with me.

With regards to the previous game, a realization I just made:

I will own up to rooting for the Rams after the Seahawks were out primarily because I want the team to succeed in the LA market.

My realization is that Rodger Goodell probably agrees with me.

There were plenty of missed calls both ways. I feel sorry for the side judge. He didn't miss any calls, and he was stuck with at least a five minute real time chewing from Sean Peyton while trying to do his job. Having served as a linesman in midrange youth soccer I know that I honestly couldn't have put up with it and would have told Peyton to put a sock in it or meet me in the parking lot later if he really had to say anything more about it.

As to the Rams success in the LA market...no worries for you or Goodell. What people in general don't understand about the LA market is that even though plenty of fans show up to support opposing teams, there are more Rams fans in Los Angeles than there are people in St Louis. I guarantee that Goodell understands that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defensive back looks at Sammy Watkins and says "you're too deep man, ran yourself out of the play...oh, crap." Mahomes changes the realities of coverage.

What is the actual ratio of Rams fans vs fans of visiting teams at the Colosseum?

Man that 4th quarter of the Pats-Chiefs game was crazy. Both offenses just marching up and down the field at will and a bunch of really close game changing calls by the refs. I think the refs got them mostly right but if I was a Chiefs fan I'd be irrationally angry because so many went against them.

What is the actual ratio of Rams fans vs fans of visiting teams at the Colosseum?

At the Colosseum? Probably about 70/30 more or less depending on who they are playing. Nothing can be done about that, because not only are there more Rams fans in LA than there are people in StLouis, there are also probably more Pittsburgh Steeler fans than there are in Pittsburgh, More Cowboy fans than there are in Dallas, etc etc etc. There's no way to keep those people from buying tickets when "their" team comes to town. If the Eagles had beaten the Saints last week there's a fair bet my extended family (me, my son, his wife, her parents) would have been at the Colosseum today and we wouldn't have been cheering for the Rams.

But the size of the revenue stream isn't determined by the people in the stands.

Two exciting games and as a bears fan it's nice to see kickers that make 50 yard + kicks look easy.

And While it's too bad the refs missed the call, the Saints got the ball first in OT and still lost. So my feelings of sympathy are considerably less.

Last edited:
how am I angrier this morning than after the game lol

Overnight hype. Every other blown call in that game has been forgotten, and every opportunity the Saints missed throughout the game. Over there at Peyton place it's all about that play. Get ready, because it is going to continue being hyped for the entire offseason. If you don't let it roll off by September you will be in a murderous rage.

I mean if you could show me a single call remotely as egregious as that one that was missed then yeah we might have something

But saying "the side judge didn't miss any calls" when that was his goddamn call to make and whine about Payton having the gall to be upset is trash. FOH.

Top Bottom