1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Nah... its voodoo... dude is 41 years old and just won the Superbowl... on a team that goes pass first, pass second, pass third, and pass some more. He's not hiding behind a great defense, some superstar running back, or marquis receivers, he's just an inexplicably good, old-assed 41 year old QB. I know you hate him, but that's all there is to it. The man is amazing.

I'm blaming crossroads-at-midnight voodoo magic at this point.

2. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Boba Fett

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Sony Micheal appears to be a legit running back (first round pick for a valid reason and the only touchdown scorer in the Super Bowl) and their defense held LA to 3 points.

That said, I can't really dispute that Brady is GOAT.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  3. caketastydelish

Now there’s rumors going around that the Cards don’t really want Murray after all. I never believed they wanted him in the first place but with the window closing on any buyers for Josh Rosen it’s going to be really hard to take Murray even if they intended to.

Edit: then the next question is if the Cards don’t want him, who will? There’s not another team that needs a QB other than possibly the Bucs and then definitely the Giants. But even then, would they choose Murray or someone else ?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  4. Sommerswerd

I think the Giants are going to spend another season riding Saquon Barkley like a three dollar mule before making any long term quarterback decisions

5. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

The latest rumor is the Giants taking Jones from Duke. This just seems really bizarre.
    With the Bears not picking in the first couple of rounds, I really haven't been paying as much attention as I usually would. But I still don't regret the why. ;)

6. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Wouldn't surprise me. But it does raise the question of why you'd treat your high first round pick as expendable - doing that with a 3rd or 4th round pick is one thing, but #2?

7. caketastydelish

8. Sommerswerd

Barry Sanders was pick #3 and he was treated exactly in this fashion... so this isn't without precedent.

9. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

The Lions at least pretended they were looking to build a team around him.

10. Sommerswerd

and then proceeded to ride his back like a $3 rented mule until he finally realized that the team was going nowhere and walked away while he could still walk under his own power.

11. Serutan

I know that. And then there's Walter Payton. But that isn't going to keep me from questioning it especially in a time (unlike pre 2000 ish) where it's next to impossible to ride just an RB to success.

12. caketastydelish

13. Timsup2nothin

Two late first round picks might improve that situation. This draft is so deep in D line that even twenty picks in there should be something for Seattle.

14. caketastydelish

I meant in the short term. There's nobody that late in the first draft who can be an immediate impact player in the way Frank Clark already is. I could be wrong of course (and hope I am), but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

We're thin at Wide Receiver, have no good Free Safety after ETIII left, and still have a below average O-line. I've been looking at mock drafts very closely for literally the past several months ever since the Super Bowl so I'm already aware of that.

The problem is, there's no guarantee that ANY player will be an impact player, whereas we already have the guarantee with Frank Clark. We have to draft player(s) who can compensate for what we lost in Clark, which is obviously possible but I don't think is likely.

One thing I will, with regard to us obtaining a first AND second round pick from KC, is that it makes the Lions obtaining Trey Flowers from the Pats look like a steal by comparison.

15. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Ok, question for the day. What pick will the first QB go and which one will it be. I'll take the long odds and say, not in the top 4 and Murray won't be the first taken.
    Make your predictions.

16. Sommerswerd

Cards will take QB with first pick

17. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Are you convinced it will be Murray?

I think it's all smoke.

18. Serutan

I'd like to think they're not that stupid; Rosen wasn't exactly put in a position to succeed. But the Kingsbury hire smacked of panic to me and this would definitely be a panic pick. So I'm not betting against it.

caketastydelish likes this.
  19. caketastydelish

I don't think the Cards will take Murray. The reason being they haven't found someone who wants Rosen. If they can't find a trade partner for Rosen then they have two back to back first round QBs. It will all but guarantee that picking at least one of them was a waste, and that will create locker room problems with two starting QBs on the roster. Not to mention you've got to play to the draft and none of the best players on the board are quarterbacks. It makes no sense to get a QB with the top pick.

20. Timsup2nothin

Washington takes Haskins at number three. Yes, I'm out on multiple limbs here.