2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

It isn’t. We are talking about reality tv/unscripted television so nothing is 100% certain. But if these two teams play 100 times, I’m giving 95 of them to the Steelers.

I'm leaning with the Steelers here, but only because the game is in Pittsburgh.

One matchup I’m excited for is DALLAS vs New Orleans.

The Cowboys are a loaded team, so if the Saints can beat them without Drew Brees (even in the Super Dome) they are amongst the top contenders IMO.

That said, I think DALLAS will win. Too many weapons on both sides of the ball.

One matchup I’m excited for is DALLAS vs New Orleans.

The Cowboys are a loaded team, so if the Saints can beat them without Drew Brees (even in the Super Dome) they are amongst the top contenders IMO.

That said, I think DALLAS will win. Too many weapons on both sides of the ball.

I'm interested in this one as well, for a different reason. I think that this is where the whole house of cards caves in on Dallas, and we find out that beating up on the Dolphins, Giants, and Redskins was nothing more than should be expected from pretty much any NFL team. I not only expect Dallas to lose, I expect them to look bad doing it.

This is some wishful thinking from an Eagles fan and I think you’re going to be disappointed.

The Cowboys have the best offensive line in the NFL, far better than anything the saints have so far. Combine that with an elite running back, and the Saints defense will stay on the field for a long time.

Then on the other side of the ball the Cowboys are better in just about every aspect. Better defensive line, better linebackers, and a better secondary.

Someone as efficient as Drew Brees can probably still slice through it, but I don’t think Bridgewater is up to the task.

Last edited:
The Cowboys have the best offensive line in the NFL...

...as proven by the way they stonewalled that awesome Dolphins pass rush.

Oh.

Wait.

We'll see how they look against the Packers next week, but after Thursday I'd question whether they have the best offensive line in their division, much less in the league. Howard was running through holes that were six yards wide pretty much all night.

In other news, word is out that if Washington loses to the Giants Jay Gruden will be fired. I don't really see what difference it makes since they are almost certainly heading towards a season with double digit losses with or without a win this week, but I guess Snyder just has to lay out a random line in the sand. I haven't given this much thought so someone might hit me with a "what about team X?" but off the top of my head Washington offers the least desirable coaching job in the league.

Personally I don’t see the point of firing a coach mid-season. Just get a new one in the offseason. The season is lost at this point anyway. Might as well suck for draft picks. Not to mention there’s no guarantee the interim coach will even be an upgrade

The Cowboys have faced two out of three weak defensive lines so far (I actually like that of the Redskins), which is worth taking into consideration, but the Saints defensive line isn’t that great either IMO. Cameron Jordan, and now possibly Marcus Davenport are playmakers, but overall I’d say it’s mediocre at best. It seemed elite when Drew Brees was their QB because Brees gave them big leads making their life a lot easier. The Cowboys defense is also one of the better ones in the league, making it even harder for the Saints to run up the score.

Personally I don’t see the point of firing a coach mid-season. Just get a new one in the offseason. The season is lost at this point anyway. Might as well suck for draft picks.
Changing in mid stream is the standard recipe to suck. Mission accomplished. Firing the coach is classic scapegoating and diverting the blame from others.

Again as demonstrated by the way they shut down those Dolphins.

Oh.

Still waiting.

:)

The only thing we can wait for now is for the game to happen. I’m pretty sure the Cowboys will win (not that I even want them to). But we will see.

Edit: unrelated note: if Detroit actually wins this game there should be no more question that they are legit.

Detroit looks really good. Even with a loss they're 100% the team to beat in the NFC North. Brutally hard schedule to start off the season they should be super happy with 2-1-1.

Again as demonstrated by the way they shut down those Dolphins.

Oh.

Still waiting.

:)

I know you hate the Cowboys and I totally get why as an Eagles fan (maybe it's Rams or Raiders, I forget people's allegiances sometimes), but they were a very solid unit last year and finished 9th in DVOA and - by more traditional metrics - they were 6th in PPG and 7th in yards per game. It's not like it's just a 3 game sample to go by.

So I obviously wasn’t watching Texans vs Panthers, but judging by the stat sheet, Watson was sacked 6 times.

At this rate, he will not make the end of the season. The Dolphins must be happy about the good draft picks they won out of it, though.

Bears defense looked pretty dominating while missing two of the better starters.
And the offense looked a little better after their starting QB went down. :lol: :lol:

Something random I just thought of: Jared Goff threw the ball today so many times that there’s no way his arm isn’t tired, and he’ll be playing again in only 4 days. Looks like whoever that team has lucked out. Oh wait... :)

I had Chris Godwin on the bench just like I did against Carolina, thank God I didn't need those points this week

Naturally I started him last week and he was garbage

In my defense literally no one expected the Bucs to score 25 today let alone 55

The Rams lost a shootout in which their QB is almost guaranteed to have sore arm for a while, and my team (division rival) plays them next.

If Thursday’s goes the way I anticipate, that’s a double win.

Top Bottom