1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Sep 2, 2019.

1. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Hawks4life

Unrelated news: The Patriots should be the obvious Super Bowl favorites thus far... their defense is practically invincible and their offense is playing well despite a bunch of injuries (and they will eventually come back later on).

The Chiefs offense is hardly unstoppable anymore and their defense leaves much to be desired. The Browns have the talent on paper but they can’t put it together. I don’t think any AFC South team can beat them now, despite what I thought at the beginning of the season.

What NFC team can beat them? The best NFC teams have a better chance, but I wouldn’t necessarily say they’re actually a better team than than the Patriots. Statistically, the team with the best chance is the 49ers (solid on both sides of the ball). Would be interesting to see if the 49ers got Ramsey.

The Packers are also looking really tough but I wouldn’t go as far to call them better than the Patriots. The Saints are loaded and perhaps the other team with the best chance, but can Drew Brees slice through an extremely good defense? Jared Goff certainly couldn’t.

2. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

The thing about the Pats is, as I outlined earlier, they've played a comically weak schedule as usual; the Bills are 4-1 and the rest of their other 5 opponents have 3 wins combined. The Jets and Dolphins are averaging under 10 PPG which seems IMPOSSIBLE in today's NFL.

The Pats might be able to stop Drew but it would take something a hell of a lot more complicated than what they did in the Super Bowl which was just copying the Lions' defense. I hope Drew comes back fully healthy; something wasn't quite right with him down the stretch last year, and between that and our shaky o-line teams seemed to figure out they could double Michael Thomas and slow us down because he was literally our only real receiver (Ted Ginn missed half the season and was still our #2 WR in yards). The 2nd most notable thing about that hit on Tommylee Lewis in the NFC championship game was that we were playing Tommylee Lewis in the NFC Championship game. I'd never heard of the receiver who dropped Drew's TD pass in the 1st quarter and I still don't remember his name. We really should have picked up a WR in the offseason,

caketastydelish likes this.
  3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

Not getting vinced by the parade of patsies they have faced does not provide evidence that they are invincible.

4. caketastydelish

The next 7 game’s in a row should be against tougher opponents than they’ve faced so far other than perhaps the Bills.

Yes, that includes the Jets, if only because a) game is New York b) Sam Darnold is back.

5. Timsup2nothin

Their upcoming games have to be against tougher opponents than they have played since there aren't any weaker opponents available.

6. caketastydelish

We (Seahawks) are absolutely destroying them (Browns) with turnovers yet it’s still a close game. Not sure how I feel about this.

7. caketastydelish

A win is a win. I’ll take it.

8. Light Cleric

9. caketastydelish

Is that real?

edit: it is omg.

That’s great. Lmao

10. Light Cleric

Yeah when you hashtag the name of an NFL team (and probably other sports) it automatically adds the logo

thank you francis, very cool

11. caketastydelish

Been watching 49ers/Rams since the last 5 mins of the first half.

I think it’s hilarious it’s mostly 49ers fans in LA. Are the Rams that unpopular in LA? :lol:

But based on the portion of the game that I’ve seen, those 49ers fans are in for a treat/getting their moneys worth.

This is what happens when a team with arguably the best d-line in the league plays against a team with arguably the worst o-line.

12. Light Cleric

wtf Goff is 13-24 for 78 yards with 2 minutes left in the game

How the hell is that even possible?

I don't care how good the Niners defense is and they don't have Gurley, that's HORRIBLE.

13. caketastydelish

Did you actually watch it? From what I saw, he had no time to throw the ball.

14. caketastydelish

OJ Howard allegedly on the trade block. With Dissly out, I’d love for us to get him, but Howard will be a hot commodity for a lot of teams.

15. Timsup2nothin

Classic no win situation. TB isn't going to take peanuts for a guy they spent a first round draft pick on, but it's not likely that anyone is going to pony up a fair price for a player that TB really has no use for. Bruce Arians' offense doesn't really have any place for a receiving tight end, but he and Howard are basically stuck with each other.

16. caketastydelish

It depends if they want to keep Arians after this year or let him go. You can question whether the problem is with Arians, Winston, or general lack of talent.

It could be a combination of all three, but I’d blame Winston the most. Arians is by no means a perfect coach but what he’s known the most for is getting the most out of his quarterbacks meaning it’s hard to give Winston the benefit of the doubt at this point.

If they plan on keeping Arians (and thus, his system), getting anything you can for Howard would be the best idea. Personally, I’d give up a third rounder for him.

17. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

So I'm supposed to freeze to death cause you find something difficult to see?

I couldn't resist ;)
    LOLs... and by "still legit", you mean... WON THE FREAKING SUPERBOWL :

Oh cake, you crack me up :lol:

18. caketastydelish

The Lions winning tonight makes NFC North more interesting, so that’s what I’m cheering for regardless of what I predicted in our pick em contest.

19. Timsup2nothin

Arians isn't going anywhere. Arians also has absolute say over Winston. I suspect that Winston gets an extension, but not a franchise breaker. As for getting "anything you can" for Howard...why? He's a servicable blocking tight end. Arians offense calls for a blocking tight end. The fact that in a different offense he would be used differently and making better stats and happy fantasy owners is pretty much irrelevant to the Bucs. If they can't get good value for him they can just keep using him.

20. caketastydelish

The Lions got robbed because of garbage officiating. :(

Timsup2nothin likes this.