1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Sep 2, 2019.

1. rah

rah Deity Supporter

All the old dolphins from their undefeated team have a party when the last undefeated team falls every year celebrating that they're the only team that has done it.

2. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Hawks4life

I see it differently. The Pats already were undefeated and managed to screw it up despite being heavy favorites, and I found that to be hilarious. If it were literally any organization besides the Pats I'd feel differently, though. But Super Bowl championships are heavily skewed by whoever has the best defense, and it seems the Pats have the best defense. Definitely their Super Bowl to lose. The Ravens have good potential to surprise them, though.

3. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy We'll dig up the road!

That's a myth. They don't have parties every year. There was once a party with three players in a driveway. Doesn't help the media likes to repeat this 'break out the bubbly' story.

Do we want to hear of a similar annual Patriot party for the next 50 years?

Timsup2nothin likes this.
  4. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I guess you're right according to Snopes so I bow to your knowledge and stand corrected

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/miami-dolphins-undefeated-champagne/

:lol: :lol:

Sommerswerd likes this.
  5. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

I would totally be down with a party to celebrate 18-1 every year, dibs on being David Tyree

caketastydelish likes this.
  6. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

Man, the Chargers just suck. Who invited these clowns to Los Angeles?

7. caketastydelish

Just saw my first professional football game in person. I flew to Seattle to see this game.

Apart from a horrible job from our kicker, fantastic game.

You'd better believe I was as loud as humanly possible every time Tampa Bay had the ball. Not exaggerating in the least to say my throat has never been this sore in my life.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  8. Timsup2nothin

Congrats!

The in the stands experience is something everyone should get at least once. That said, outside the 'experience' of it I actually like the game itself better on television. Football is the only sport where I find that to be the case.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  9. caketastydelish

I’m the opposite. Reason being crowd noise can potentially influence the outcome of the game as long as the person yelling is strategic with it, as I very much was. Two false starts for the opposing team (none for Seattle) and of course I’m going to think I had something to do with that, whether that’s rational or not.

My throat hurts so much right now but I genuinely see it as hard work and sacrifice paying off. If they had lost I’d have been devastated, but it is what it is.

10. Timsup2nothin

Like I said, the experience is certainly great, but for the actual seeing the game part...TV wins. Of course that gap has closed with the giant screens in the stadiums now, but it's still a gap.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  11. caketastydelish

If you are passionate about the home team winning then it is absolutely favorable to attend the game.

Otherwise, you are right.

Edit: the 12th man isn’t just hype though, I would have probably suffered genuine hearing damage without the ear protection that I brought.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  12. Timsup2nothin

It's still a bit early, but anyone want to take bets on how many times BIlly Bellyache says "we're on to Philadelphia" in this week's presser?

13. Timsup2nothin

:lol:

Brady just took a run at one of the officials demanding a Cheatriot call, and I then the officials all got together and threw a flag. I was gearing up for a rant about how they are supposed to call what they see, not what cheatin' Tom says that he saw...and they called intentional grounding. Apparently this crew didn't get their check from Big Bob this week. I was hoping for a closeup of cheatin' Tom's face, but no luck.

14. caketastydelish

The Ravens have managed to beat the Patriots (this decade and during the Brady era), before in the playoffs.

After tonight’s performance, I think that further cements that they are our best hope in avoiding a Pats Super Bowl appearance this season.

15. Timsup2nothin

Best, maybe. But far from only. The Cheatriots next four games are all against teams that are far and away better than any team they have beaten this season. Every one of those teams could argue that they are as good as, if not better than, the Ravens, who frankly didn't just "manage to beat" them. They stomped the feces out of the Cheatriots.

16. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

They didn't suck today - but we should definitely wait and see if they can stand prosperity.

17. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Assuming he gets that far (no sure thing with Haslam), I'm thinking that Kitchens is one and done.

18. Timsup2nothin

Win or lose, good play bad play, I do not care. Their move puts me in the "here, you get the Chargers game every Sunday" zone. The Raiders and Lions were playing a barnburner, and I was watching the Chargers pull up lame in the red zone and kick field goals in front of thirty thousand angry Packer fans. Screw them.
    Wouldn't be surprised. Of course as you said, Haslam. Nothing could be a surprise there, really.

19. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

Yeah the more I think about it the more I realize Kitchens is probably screwed. This is the first time in a long time the Browns actually had expectations and they bombed on it. Hue had the luxury of people just expecting them to be trash (and I think he was aided by the AJ McCarron trade fiasco and the theory that Sashi Brown sabotaged it)

20. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Having been to many games, I prefer the luxury of sitting on my own couch warm in front of a great 65 inch screen.
    The only thing I like about being there is watching the pass routes develop. You see who's open faster.
    But I love being able to switch to RED ZONE during any lulls.