1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Sep 2, 2019.

1. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Hawks4life

Not watching the Saints game but they’re actually going to lose to the Falcons even with Drew Brees back trolololo

2. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

yo quiero die

caketastydelish likes this.
  3. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Suicide is painless, it brings on many changes...

But before you jump off the Chatahoochie bridge, WTF happened?

4. Light Cleric

Saints didn't play yesterday, game was cancelled, if you see a score it's fake news

seriously though I have no idea wtf that was

5. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

Saints forgot that division rivals never just lay down. They came in expecting a laugher and got what you always get when you do that...handed their heads on a plate.

6. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Every survivor pool I was in ended yesterday. Due to NO and Indy.

7. Timsup2nothin

I've never seen a survivor pool end with any satisfaction for anyone. There always seems to be like half the players left, or maybe even more, and then they all die together on some freakish upset.

8. Timsup2nothin

So...you are tied for the lead in your division. You have a home game against the team you are tied with, but you lost already on their field. You both have to play the cheatriots, but where they have a game left against Buffalo your other AFC East game is the Dolphins. You have to play the Seahawks while they have to play the Rams. You both have a game with Washington, but while they play in Detroit and Chicago you get a home and home series with the NY Giants. How comfortable are you?

9. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

Very the Birds just need to beat Dallas in Philly they can lose both the NE game and Seattle games and still have a 98% chance of making the postseason. 538 also gives then an outside chance 13% of sneaking in a wildcard so pretty freaking good.

Edit: Oh they're favored against Seattle anyway.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  10. caketastydelish

I’m not that comfortable if I’m the Eagles. No one from NFC east is getting a wildcard spot, and they are tied with one of their other division rivals (with that team currently owning the tiebreaker). Most likely they are going to have to beat the Cowboys in Philly. And while home field will help, considering the game in Dallas wasn’t particularly close, it doesn’t look good.

11. Timsup2nothin

Did you look at the schedules? It wouldn't surprise me if Dallas goes two and five down the stretch, beating Washington and managing to win one of Buffalo, Chicago, and Detroit while losing two of those, the Philly game, the Rams game, and the cheatriot game. I consider Miami, two games with the Giants, and Washington to be pretty much locks for Philly.

Meanwhile, Jimmy G is missing wide open receivers by just enough for them to get hands on the ball and be blamed for drops.

12. caketastydelish

Dallas is a very talented team. You underestimate them.

13. Timsup2nothin

Talented enough to do what? Beat the sad sacks? They have five wins...two against the Giants, one against Miami, one against Washington. The only good team they've beaten is Philly. Otherwise they have folded like a tent when confronted by a good team...and they lost to the Jets. They are who their record says they are: a mediocre team looking down the barrel of a hard schedule.

Meanwhile, I think Seattle just blueprinted the 49ers on national television. Stack up and stop the run, dare Jimmy G to beat you.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  14. caketastydelish

We showed you, noobs, we pwned you so hard! Take that, m o t h e r f u c k e r s

15. caketastydelish

Seattle also has arguably the MVP at the most important position. Something most (if any) teams don't have. Our pass rush went from being awful thus far to solid just for this game, and that went a long way. Don't expect the 49ers to lose a bunch of games unless they play legit opponents.

edit: that said, now that I look at it, their remaining schedule is pretty hard.

16. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Great game. Although i have to say ctd the sudden avatar and motto switch from Jimmy G back to Russell Wilson is shady. :p

Timsup2nothin likes this.
  17. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

Seattle is looking like more and more like an all time luckiest team unless they actually start playing better. 8-2 with a point differential of 20. DVOA just around middle of the pack. Wilson won't be able to magic wins like this forever whether it breaks before or after the regular season is anyone's guess though.

18. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

False colors are never flown forever. Of course, with fair weather fans it's hard to tell what the true colors are... :mischief:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Sommerswerd likes this.
  19. Light Cleric

:think:

Seriously though the reason you're tied for the division lead and not 2 games up is because you got your teeth kicked in by a Dallas team you'd spent like 3 weeks trashing, that should be a huge caveat about considering anything a lock

20. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

This week reminded us that nothing is a lock in the NFL... ever.

rah likes this.