1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

Everyone is entitled to lay an egg against a division rival now and then. Well, you already knew that, obviously.

2. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Hawks4life

Eagles next two games is Patriots followed by Seahawks. Very plausible that they lose both of them. If they do lose those two, and then lose to Dallas again, winning the division will be almost impossible.

3. Timsup2nothin

If they also beat Washington, Miami, and the Giants twice that makes them 9-7. If the Cowboys lose to the Cheatriots, Bills, Bears, Lions, and Rams, all of which are plausible, they finish at 8-8...Jason Garret's most common result. But I'll grant that the Birds need to beat Dallas in Philly...which I don't really see as a problem.

4. caketastydelish

I would be extremely surprised if the Cowboys lose to all 5 of the teams you mentioned. Odds are they lose to 3 of those teams at the most.

You also very confident in their ability to beat the Cowboys in Philly.

5. Timsup2nothin

Based on what? So far they have played four games against decent teams, and they've lost three out of four. They've played five games against crap teams and they only won four out of those. Now we run out five games against decent teams and you expect them to win three out of five? Why?

6. caketastydelish

The talent is there. Either way, no point in debating this further. We will see what happens.

7. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

The talent may be there but the coaching is not. Garret is once again leading them right down the 8-8 path.

Edit: You're also acting like it's inevitable that the Eagles will lose to both Seattle and NE. They're home both games. NE is only a 2 point favorite ELO wise that's like less then 60% chance of winning. Seattle even after yesterdays win is still a 1 point underdog. This is a good team that bit the injury bug hard early and has gotten much healthier, they could win out.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  8. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Wait a minute...
    Aw hell nah @caketastydelish ... On top of everything else shady... I didn't realize you picked against the Seahawks this week. Eff that, you don't get to pick against a team, and then gloat when they win. WTF is that?:dubious:. ... doubly so when its the team you're supposedly claiming as "your team". That's basically committing treason then trying to show up at the victory parade screaming about how "we won". That's bullsqueeze and I'm having none of it. GTFOH cake.

Pick your team like a man or STFU when they win. You can't have it both ways. If you don't pick the Seahawks to win I don't acknowledge your fandom and I don't want to hear jack-squat from you in the way of trash talk if they win. You should be ashamed for that BS. :nono: @Timsup2nothin is the only person I'll listen to trash talk over the Seahawks win.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  9. caketastydelish

I always pick whoever I think will win rather than whoever I want to win.

10. Timsup2nothin

I have to go to work right now, but I'll definitely get on that later.

11. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

I mean that is literally my point, yes

12. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I'll keep picking the Bears until I get totally fed up. If that happens and they still win. I'll still be happy about it.
    But by then the Bears will be so out of it that crowing about it will seem kind of silly.

13. Sommerswerd

That's perfectly fine with me and absolutely your option. Be happy when your team wins... also perfectly fine and expected. Frankly, I can even accept the fact that people might mock me when my team loses, even if they too expected my team to win.

What I object to, and will not accept under any circumstances, is someone trash talking me about "Yeah WE beat YOU", when the person didn't even pick "their " team against mine. Don't do that. It's weaksausce horsehockey and you know it.

14. caketastydelish

The message was not directed specifically at you, though.

15. Sommerswerd

GTFOH cake, yes it was

I love you but own up to your **** man...

Anyway, the bottom line is, it doesn't matter. As a Seahawks fan you can't pick against the Seahawks then roast the opposing team when the Seahawks win. Period. If you want to gloat, pick the Seahawks, otherwise enjoy the win graciously, or better yet, silently.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  16. caketastydelish

It geuinely wasn't. I didn't mention you or quote you. Jeez... no wonder you're so mad.

Also there is poe's law on the internet so I didn't mean it in an angry way, in the first place. I thought it was funny. Totally didn't come across that way, I apoloize.

17. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

As an Eagles fan I could see the easier schedule nudging them into division lead at the end of the season. Since it means beating the Cowboys/likely ending rival's playoff hopes I'd very much love that outcome too.

I can't see it leading to anything but an early playoff exit if they manage though. "Defense wins championships" is overblown, but that doesn't mean you can be a contender without a secondary. Offense has been somewhat less bad lately but nobody is going to mistake the Eagles for the Chiefs or something.

18. Sommerswerd

ESPN was floating the idea of an Eagles Patriots rematch in the Superbowl today.

19. caketastydelish

I wouldn't mind an Eagles and Patriots rematch but I find it to be unlikely.

20. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

I wouldn't mind either obviously (though I'd prefer someone other than Pats), but barring some fairly wild things happening with injuries or like two opposing cornerbacks retiring at halftime in the playoffs for multiple opposing teams I don't see the Eagles running the playoff table in the NFC. Vikings, Packers rematch, Saints, 49ers, Seahawks all seem at least a step ahead in terms of being complete teams right now. Some of them are more than one step ahead.

Maybe Eagles secondary finally develops, pass rush lights on fire, and the offense starts looking better. It's not impossible. I won't hold my breath for it.