1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

I don't know what's better, that he called Mayock a cracker (please be politically correct and use Saltine-American) or that Vontaze Burfict was the one to separate them

2. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

You left out :

Who runs the team? Ain't Mike Mayock.

3. caketastydelish

caketastydelish By any means necessary

Whoever 'owns' the Raiders, their offense is going to have to play their lights out, considering they face the Broncos... I anticipate the Broncos will have one of the best defenses in the league this year. A return to their 2015 championship form.

The Raiders have added a plethora of talent to their offense, but will it be enough? My gut feeling is no.

4. caketastydelish

Antonio Brown demands to be released after they fine him. I don't know what to believe anymore.

5. Light Cleric

Raiders should just cut out the middleman and send the Steelers draft picks for free

two 3rds and a 5th for Martavis Bryant and AB

6. caketastydelish

They officially cut him. What now?

7. Light Cleric

the pats sign him, make it to the super bowl and we have to find a way to get Ei Manning's blood and inject it the NFC QB with like I did with Nick Foles

problem is that got me banned from the state of NY so someone else has to bite the bullet this time

8. caketastydelish

Unless Tom Brady's performance has significantly deteriorated, they should be considered the favorites to go all the way with or without Brown.

They are at least as good (if not improved) at every single position from last year other than tight end. Their starting wide receivers are already better than what they had last year, for example.

Getting Brown would be the icing on the cake, but they hardly need him to be favorites to be repeat champs.

No one is beating the Patriots this season, even without Brown, unless Tom Brady's 'father time' sets in.

edit: I can't think of a single team that should be considered favorites to beat the Patriots, with or without Brown, as it currently stands. Can you?

9. Light Cleric

There's a few teams that I would pick but only like 55/45 favoring. Problem is they're all NFC teams lol

10. Light Cleric

So I'm not saying 100% the Pats did something dirty here but this smells really really fishy

11. rah

rah Deity Supporter

WE all know where AB will end up playing. Come over to the Dark side.

12. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Sometimes I hate being right.

TheMeInTeam and caketastydelish like this.
  13. caketastydelish

Yep. :(

edit: I will add that while I'm not nearly convinced as Tim is with regards to "the Patriots cheating ways", in this particular instance, it's really hard for me to believe this wasn't prearranged, at least to some extent.

In any event, at the very least I think this much went on: Brown realized he's not getting any younger and wants at least one Super Bowl ring and the Raiders were not going to get him one.

Name them.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  14. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

It will be interesting to watch and see how AB reacts to Darth Hoodie not being anything like Tomlin.

15. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Even AB has to figure he's running out of teams. I'll bet he'll tow the line for Darth Hoodie.

16. caketastydelish

If the Patriots cut him no one else will want him on anything but a minimum contract.

17. Light Cleric

The more I think about this and talk with other people about it the more pissed I get

I justified paying attention again because "okay fine they adjusted the replay rules instead of completely ignoring it" and then this garbage happens, like why bother watching when one team just gets to do whatever the hell it wants

"Fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Why should any team ever release a player for bad behavior ever again when the Patriots can pick him up immediately with no consequence?

The owner can get caught up in a sex trafficking ring and get away with it

I have to follow the stats because I'm in a fantasy league with a bunch of current/former co-workers and I don't want to dick them over but I'm not watching a goddamn game this season

I wish there wasn't a swear filter on these forums, I think I am actually angrier about this than the NFC title game somehow

HECK

18. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Not that I'm defending him but in all fairness, the guy just got a happy ending. He wasn't involved with a sex trafficking ring, which is why the prosecution dropped the charges.

19. Light Cleric

Okay you're right, they said several times it was but I hadn't seen that they walked it back

20. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

They didn't release him for bad behavior, they released him because he demanded to be released...and what a surprise, all the details of a contract with the Patriots were already worked out. The tampering rule is yet another agreement among thirty-one teams who know they all rely on producing a quality product and one team that agrees to the rules just so they can break them for competitive advantage.

TheMeInTeam and caketastydelish like this.