2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Something else random I wanted to share: the difference between a good and bad coach:

Justin Coleman in Seattle: amazing cornerback.

Justin Coleman in Detroit: liability.

Quandarie Diggs in Detroit: meh

Quandarie Diggs in Seattle: already ranked their best defensive player in the game (vs the Eagles) by PFF while still extremely new to the scheme.

I thought Patricia was a defensive mastermind that could make the most defensively from what he’s been given, but it doesn’t look like that at all.

They ended get fleeced twice at the same position (defensive back) two years in a row. Glad I’m not Patricia or their defensive coordinator or whatever because that is pretty hard to defend. If Lions fans have taken notice to this, I can easily imagine they want Patricia gone.

edit: also worth noting that if Diggs continues playing at this level, then this robbery will be just as valuable as the Clowney trade. Not to mention we will continue having him for two more years because of his contract.

Dallas isn't getting rid of Prescott - while I don't think he's an elite quarterback, I think he'd be good enough with a competent coaching staff.

The question isn't whether or not Prescott is good enough, the question is whether Bridgewater is better...or even just as good. Prescott's option year is meager money, so they can call their option with hardly any hit on the cap. That leaves them the cap space that would be spent on an extension to bid on Bridgewater. If they get him, they have Prescott under contract and can trade him to someone who will in turn give him the extension money he wants. If they don't get him, they give Prescott the extension and call it good. I'm not saying they should just outright dump Prescott, but if I were them I'd sure explore the option that I think is better

On staying in New Orleans...that is certainly the most attractive option. Great coaching, championship contender, solid reputation for doing right by players, stable. Any free agent that gets a more or less competitive offer from the Saints would be foolish to go anywhere else, IMO.

Dak doesn't have an option as a 4th rounder. He's a free agent after this year unless they franchise him, which would be about $24.8 mil right now.

My bad. So, franchise tag, come to terms with Bridgewater, trade Prescott to <team X> that clears the tag off their cap, then sign Bridgewater to the agreed deal. If they can't make a deal with Bridgewater, give Prescott a contract. Either way, I don't dump that money on Prescott when I can possibly get Bridgewater for the same money. The hitch, of course, is if Prescott doesn't sign on for the tag.

Another hilarious hitch would be if Bridgewater agreed to a deal, then changed his mind after they traded Prescott, which he technically could do.

Not watching that game but allegedly Devin White is playing his lights outs and looking like someone actually worth being selected 5th overall in the draft. I know Tampa bay defensively is mediocre at best, so if this is true, it didn’t come a moment too soon.

While I haven’t been watching Titans games, I think we can take them off of the “bidding war for Teddy Bridgewater” list.

Statistically speaking, Tannehill is hardly looking like someone who needs replacing.

btw shoutout to the Eagles' D for being trash because I both A) started them because they just kept Brady and Wilson in check and Dolphins are so bad B) am playing against Devante Parker's 157 yards and 2 TDs

This is a game no one thought they would lose either. At this point it’s far from a given that they’re taking the division.

While I haven’t been watching Titans games, I think we can take them off of the “bidding war for Teddy Bridgewater” list.

Statistically speaking, Tannehill is hardly looking like someone who needs replacing.

Tannehill is looking like he might be another round in the bidding war.

The Titans should make it a priority to win it because they already know for a fact he works in their system. If they have the cap space surely they’ll do it.

The Titans should make it a priority to win it because they already know for a fact he works in their system. If they have the cap space surely they’ll do it.

I agree.

Related question...is Mariota a backup somewhere? Or is some team still thinking he is a starter?

If he’s a starter he won’t be a handsomely paid one. If someone thinks they can get the most out of him it might be not awful to sign him to a long term deal (supposing you don’t pay him a particularly large amount). That said, it’s pretty hard to give him the benefit of the doubt when the Titans offense is already loaded with talent to help him.

I suspect he will be a backup to some team than runs a dual threat QB system.

While I’m not watching Rams vs Cardinals, it appears the Rams were very mad about their last game, and took out their frustration on the Cards. 34 to 0? Not even an interesting game to watch unless you’re a Rams fan.

A game I have been watching, though, is Chiefs vs Raiders. What the hell happened to Derek Carr? :confused:

While I’m not watching Rams vs Cardinals, it appears the Rams were very mad about their last game, and took out their frustration on the Cards. 34 to 0? Not even an interesting game to watch unless you’re a Rams fan.

Just in case the Chargers aren't hated enough...

CBS was hyping the daylights out of their highlight game of the day; Raiders and Chiefs. Then they really hyped it this morning during the Steelers game. The Steelers won, which always makes Raiders fans surly, then millions of them across Los Angeles tuned in....and found the Chargers and Broncos battle for possession of the basement instead of their beloved Raiders against their arch rivals. The Chargers should consider themselves lucky if their plane is allowed to land after the flight back from Denver.

And, yeah, flipping networks in disgust we get the Rams just slobberknockering the Cardinals.

The Chiefs/Raiders game isn’t even interesting to watch because it’s blatantly obvious who is going to win. Broncos/Chargers still has a solid possibility that each team can win.

This is also Drew Locks debut so surely people are interested to check him out.

The Chiefs/Raiders game isn’t even interesting to watch because it’s blatantly obvious who is going to win. Broncos/Chargers still has a solid possibility that each team can win.

This is also Drew Locks debut so surely people are interested to check him out.

Raiders fans don't give a hoot about Drew Lock. They can't even really get any satisfaction out of watching the Chargers lose, since that means Denver winning and Raiders fans hate them too.

Is there a satisfaction to watching your favorite team getting absolutely slaughtered ?

Is there a satisfaction to watching your favorite team getting absolutely slaughtered ?

Raider fans in LA probably believe that if they had been allowed to watch the Raiders would have played better. They'll blame the Chargers for that too.

Top Bottom