1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Clinical language is your friend.

2. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

well then, find me in the Alps

3. caketastydelish

caketastydelish By any means necessary

Been watching Cleveland vs Tennesse and having been doing so for almost the whole game.

Penalities are killing Cleveland. That said, so far, this Titans offense has been about as electrifying as I thought it would be.

4. caketastydelish

I didn't watch 49ers/Bucs because I was watching the Seahawks game.

That said: Based on the stat sheet, it appears Nick Bosa was absolutely worth being selected at #2 overall. He's not even back at 100% yet, either. It also seems that Jimmy Garropolo is better than awful.

As for the Seahawks, despite the win, that's not looking good. We're playing a team much weaker on paper, and lots of their starters are injured and it's a home game. They were picking our defense apart and it was obvious that they out-schemed us.

That said, a win is a win.

5. caketastydelish

Saints game was a complete nail biter. FWIW I was rooting for them. With this, the only AFC South team that won their game is the Titans. I think I did say before the season started that I have the Titans as the favorites to go all the way, so I'm glad for looking smart (so far) lol.

6. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Great game. Now the Raider game is looking interesting. MNF is definitely winning the schedule for opening weekend.

Trent Brown is 6'8" and 380 pounds. That dude should be a planet.

7. Serutan

I have to say I loved Lamar Jackson's "Not bad for a running back." crack.

8. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Lamar Jackson needs to show me something against a team not named the Miami Dolphins before I will take him seriously.

caketastydelish likes this.
  9. rah

rah Deity Supporter

It was funny watching how fast Hollywood was picked up most of my fantasy leagues. My niece beat me by about 2 seconds in one league

10. Serutan

That doesn't make the quote any less clever. :p Anyhoo, that is a legitimate point but on the flip side (and this applies to Dak/Dallas as well) if the Nervermores are really a good team, they should have stomped the Dolphins into snot so I don't think his performance can be ignored either.

11. caketastydelish

I will say the game for Houston was a double loss. (yes I did watch it)

1) they lost the game (and they almost won, which makes it hurt all the more)

2) Watson was sacked six times and was visibly hurt at least twice. In other words, their efforts to protect Watson have been futile thus far. If he goes down they are toast, and if they can't get their act together, he is going down.

Their next three games are against the Jags, Chargers, and Panthers (all teams with above-average defensive lines). If they cannot protect him better, their season may end sooner rather than later. Of course, if that happens, Miami will have undoubtedly "won" the trade given it would give them very good draft picks.

edit: This is not a good metric to go by, but I'll say it anyway:

As of right now, I suppose you could say NFC West is the strongest division in football because it is the only division in which nobody has lost a game. But the Cardinals have the best chance to lose in week 2. The Ravens may have got lucky with their schedule two games in a row...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  12. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Adding a top tier tackle solves the problem, but it doesn't solve the problem in five days. Watson needs to survive long enough for the line to gel. Part of that has to come from him. Being known as the league's "most electrifying and fearless player" is all good...until it kills him.

Does running out of bounds at the three require having faith in the rest of your team that they will punch it in? Yes, yes it does. But the biggest hit he took in that game had nothing to do with his line since it came when he corkscrewed into the end zone on the fly and landed on his back.

Standing tall in the pocket and getting blasted to throw the deep ball that set up what should have been the game winner is something you just gotta do. Taking a blast to throw a twelve yard out when you had a six yard check down a full second earlier is fearless, but it gets you a seat in a hospital watching the playoffs on TV.

13. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Meanwhile...Carson Palmer is taking crap from all sides for "giving bad advice" to Dak Prescott. He says, from the hindsight of having done the exact opposite, that Prescott should take a "team friendly" deal, which will allow Dallas to keep surrounding him with great players, which will win him championships, which will allow "the championship quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys" to make more money in the long run through a lifetime of endorsement deals than he would make even as the NFL's top paid quarterback. Basically saying to pull a Tom Brady even without the back room deals from Cheatin' Bob and Billy Bellyache.

Does this have merit? Troy Aikman is making a whole lot more than he ever made playing football. So is Payton Manning. Carson Palmer couldn't get his face on TV without abducting a camera crew from Where Are They Now, Who Cares Edition. I think he does a radio show somewhere, maybe. If you are an NFL player and want to launch yourself into a massive media career there might not be a better place to start than as the quarterback of the Cowboys. I'd hate to see it, but maybe Prescott should consider the concept.

14. caketastydelish

I honestly think Watson will not stay healthy within the next 3 games. The Jags I think will absolutely murder Watson at every given opportunity. Yes, he’s going to have to change his play style if he wants to stay upright this season.

If Watson goes down (and as a result,
    the Texans tank) I can almost guarantee you that BoB will be fired. But do you think he would deserve it?

15. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

They have to have someone who can coach some self preservation into Watson, and the indications are that O'Brien isn't that guy.

16. caketastydelish

The problem is it might be too late already by the time the season is over. Obviously, that’s the worst case a scenario but that fact that it’s even a realistic one shows just how bad a predicament they are in.

17. Light Cleric

fixed this for you

18. caketastydelish

So Antonio Brown is a rapist. Considering who the owner of the Patriots is, I’m sure that wouldn’t deter him in the least but he (Brown)will still face legal troubles. Hopefully, the NFL will do the right thing and suspend him indefinitely.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  19. Light Cleric

I'm not gonna post them here since they probably break the forum rules but God those texts he sent are absolutely vile. What a garbage can of a human being this dude is.

20. caketastydelish

OTOH maybe this explains why Gruden didn’t try very hard to keep him. :lol: