1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Sep 2, 2019.

1. caketastydelish

caketastydelish By any means necessary

Sickens me that so many people on social media are defending him.

2. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Hate to tell you this but Gruden got rid of him because he didn't kow-tow to Gruden. It would however be interesting to
    know if Gruden had some hint this was coming down, though.

3. caketastydelish

Didn’t get to watch second half of Panthers vs Bucs because I had to go do something but it looks like the Panthers are going to tank this year lol.

4. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

Oh for two at home is certainly no way to start the season in a really tough division, for sure. Damien Woody made a really good observation on Cam Newton; he has always had really big receivers who could adjust to a ball being a foot off the exact center of the target...which he pretty consistently is. Their wideouts now are all smaller guys who don't have the reach of a Kelvin Benjamin so they need a slightly more precise ball to make a catch in stride, and delivering that has never been his thing. So he gets a lot of drops, and even on the completions his YAC is way down. Of course he also has a slightly bigger than fair share of complete misses.

On the flip side, TB did enough to win on the road, so kudos to them even though they hardly set the house afire either. I was sure impressed by the coaching staff they have assembled though, and they do have Winston looking better than a total bum. There may be a reckoning with them down the road a season or so.

caketastydelish likes this.
  5. caketastydelish

Looking like Seahawks have this one. The Steelers have been reduced to their backup QB which seems to be a steep downgrade from Big Ben. Rudolph has already thrown an int. We’ve also been pounding the rock a lot so I anticipate the Steelers D will be tired in the 4th quarter.

6. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  7. caketastydelish

Refs rob the Saints when they play the Rams a second time in a row. I’m not a Saints fan and even I’m furious.

Light Cleric likes this.
  8. Light Cleric

it's been S.O.P. since I've been watching football that, in that situation, you don't blow the whistle because if he was down you can review it, if he wasn't you just screwed the recovering team, yet refs have also been screwing it up ever since I started watching football so some things never change

I don't many f's left to give so I'm not even mad, just disappointed. And a little mad.

caketastydelish likes this.
  9. caketastydelish

What is S.O.P ?

10. Light Cleric

standard operating procedure

I've seen this happen multiple times before and every time everyone immediately and correctly points out you don't blow the whistle there but yet it keeps happening

also bird box memes are out of season so I was able to get this in the bargain bin at wal-mart

11. Light Cleric

imagine losing your first two games 102-10 and saying "damn we need to tank harder"

12. caketastydelish

Sorry I deleted because I changed my mind about Drake being a great player. Still, they need all the help they can get, in the short term I assume they’re stockpiling for draft picks.

The real question is will the current Dolphins coaching staff keep their jobs after this season. They have the excuse of “we have no talent” but whether it will be enough for the owner is another question.

What they want to avoid is be how the Browns were for a long time: excellent draft picks year after year, fail to assemble anything worthwhile.

13. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Quite a bizarre end to the Bears Game. Saved me from having to listen to a ton of whining tomorrow at work.
    There won't be jubilation though.

14. caketastydelish

The roughing the passer penalty on Chubb was pure BS. Without that, you lost.

Edit: unrelated note:

I don’t particularly care about either of tonight’s teams but I have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones on my fantasy so I guess I’m pulling for the Falcons lol.

15. Serutan

The roughing the passer call that Flacco got was equally BS. Without that, the last touchdown probably doesn't happen.

16. caketastydelish

Fair enough, I didn’t catch that as I only saw the final moments of the game.

17. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I wouldn't want to be number 72 on the broncos when they review film next week. 4 holding calls and one the called on someone else by accident.

The refs called a lot of ticky tack fouls. But both teams sucked so either deserved to lose.

18. caketastydelish

I didn’t watch the game until the very end but statistically Tribusky wasn’t impressive at all.

If this is the second game in a row where he was ineffective, moving forward, the Bears should be concerned.

Edit: unrelated note:
    NFC West appears to be by far the toughest division in football this year. It’s a shame we have to be in it. The Seahawks, 49ers, and Rams seem to all be serious teams.

19. Serutan

Yup. IMO they would have called roughing on every sack in PHI-ATL.

20. caketastydelish

Personally, I like it better when the refs allow defense to actually make plays. That way the winner isn’t just whoever touched the ball last.