1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

I just know I'm pulling for the Seahawks in that game. If Seattle wins the division and Packers win out the Saints would get the 2-seed and a bye because we have the tiebreaker with Seattle even if we lose to the Panthers. If the Niners win then we go down to the 3 seed.

If the Vikings manage to beat the Packers then we get a bye regardless if the Panthers and would get the 1 seed if Seattle beats the Niners.

Also I'm sold on Ryan Tannehill, I don't know if you give him a multiyear deal or not but that dude has looked legit even against good defenses and today he didn't even have Derrick Henry. I thought we'd ended that game over after scoring 24 unanswered but he brought them right back into it. I imagine the Titans franchise him at the very least. I thought it was a "meh" at best trade at the time but it's been a total steal.

caketastydelish likes this.
  2. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

I think they have to give him a deal. Franchise tag is a gigantic pile of money, but as Washington and Cousins demonstrate it isn't a viable long term solution. They should be able to make a fairly reasonable deal though.

3. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

If memory serves Snyder has been the only one stupid enough to do multiple tags.

Since Tennessee doesn't have the draft position you usually need to get a QB that way, it definitely makes sense for them to make a deal.

4. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

I can't really believe they would have to break the cap to keep him. He's having a great run, but it's not like he comes across as a sure thing. With the other quarterbacks that will be out there sucking the really stupid money out of the market there shouldn't be any huge bid ups for Tannehill.

5. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

In decades of watching football I consider hitting an upright to be one of the really rare events. I think I've only seen the double doink twice in all that time, and I find it genuinely bizarre that both times it is the same goalpost.

6. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I just gagged when reminded that he "made up the term" by him, of course. .

7. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

I thought that Al Michaels did the reminding that Collinsworth had made up the term...though it is a pretty obvious term so I don't really see much of a credit being needed. "Doink" is a Maddenism, which is always worth remembering.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  8. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Which is what I remember. Hence, the gag. Thank you.

9. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

In the NFC it looks like the three seed is just as good as one or two because the Vikings are the six and they just cannot block.

10. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Beast mode is back in Seattle. :scan:

11. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Hey, guess which team has forced the league to confront the question of how to handle players faking injuries as an effort to draw penalty calls?

I'll bet that most people can get it in one.

12. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Yeah, it's almost like they built their OL from ex-matadors.

13. Light Cleric

I know I'm late to the party on this but Collinsworth strikes me as the kind of dude who looks up and down before crossing the street

14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Line of the day. Steve Young talking about Jacoby Brissett, who he thinks is lacking in NFL level accuracy. "It's like to be a kicker. They're all going to miss a field goal sometimes, but they can't be missing the net."

15. Light Cleric

LOL

God bless Fitzmagic making the Patriots actually play a wild card game

Getting to 5 wins after that embarrassing start seems like a huge achievement

Also goddamn Devante Parker chewed up Stephon Gilmore and spat him out, he torched him all game

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  16. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

I think Brian Flores is a competent head coach who can make the most of what he's got. But they were bad early in the season because it took his players a while to adjust to his scheme. He has a team that is arguably more devoid of talent than any other in the NFL, and actually managed to make something respectable out of it as the season went on.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again:

Patricia did not shut down the opposition the year he was the defensive coordinator of the Patriots during their Super Bowl game with him as the head coach, but Flores definitely did.

17. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

So, what would be funnier...

Titans go in and beat them wild card weekend?

They beat the Titans only to get blown off the field in Kansas City?

Obviously, Titans beat the snot out of them on their own field would be funniest, but I don't really see that happening.

18. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

Ah so satisfying to see Cowboy's fans cry. Not likely to go anywhere but super happy with this season for the Birds.

Sommerswerd and Timsup2nothin like this.
  19. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Not a Cowboys fan but what happened was in their long their term best interest. Much easier to fire Jason Garret without pissing off the fans which he absolutely deserves to be. Not to mention much better draft picks.

20. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

It's possible, as they did it last year when the Patriots were better last year than this year, and the Titans, under Tannehill, are better this year than last year.

Also, as you would be the first to point out: Vrabel knows the methods of the cheatriot ways.

all of this being said, I won't get as far as to call the Titans the favorites to beat the Patriots @Gilette but much crazier things have happened.

edit: I am also finally really buying into the "Patriots disciples play well against him because they know the methods of the Cheatriot ways" because the DOLPHINS managed to beat them. And this Titans squad is much more talented than the Dolphins.