1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Sep 2, 2019.

1. caketastydelish

caketastydelish By any means necessary

What an incredibly dumb play by Houston. Now all Bills need is a field goal to tie the game.

2. caketastydelish

What’s up with all this “this might be Brady’s last game at Foxborough” ?

Regardless of how these playoffs go, Brady has made it abundantly clear that he wants to play until he’s 45.

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

His contract is up and he has a no tag clause, so as soon as the season ends he is a free agent.

4. caketastydelish

Do you really think Kraft would refuse to sign him if he wants to still play?

5. caketastydelish

As a Seahawks fan who hates the cheating Patriots by far more than any other team, if they lose tonight it will make so happy that my season will be made even if the ‘Hawks lose tomorrow.

6. caketastydelish

I am so happy. :)

Darsnan and Timsup2nothin like this.
  7. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

The question isn't about refusing to sign him. The question is whether Brady is ready to really go to the highest bidder and whether Kraft is in a position to be that highest bidder. Because there will be teams that will bid a mountain of money.

8. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

LOL

I CAN'T SAY IT BUT EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT I MEAN WHEN I SAY FTP

Timsup2nothin likes this.
  9. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Seeing Cheatin' Tom go out chunkin' a pick six certainly made my day.

Darsnan likes this.
  10. caketastydelish

You say more than anybody (and even I believe it to an extent) that Kraft cheats the salary cap by paying players under the table. If this is what he's been doing all along, why stop now?

Not to mention: If Brady goes to another team and performs terribly, then it appears that he was only good because of the Patriots organization/Belichik which would tarnish his legacy. I'm almost certain he either stays in New England or retires.

edit: also: what does FTP mean?

11. Light Cleric

it means frick the patriots except instead of frick it's the big boy swear (my second favorite behind FTF)

Moderator Action: Please use language appropriate for the site. Thanks. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2020
  12. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Assuming it does get to be a bidding war, there will be a team that will regret winning it only once - always.

13. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

And even though I lost the pick, a truly heartwarming end to the evening.

14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Thing is that Brady has never hit the open market. When he has taken a deal at ten million a year below his market value there's always been that point that the market value was a hypothetical estimate thing. If he is an actual free agent and has a documented open offer from, say, the Chargers, but takes ten million a year less from the Cheatriots that makes the dirty dealings an in your face obvious thing that would be a lot harder to let go. Kraft might not be willing to open up that kind of scrutiny. Brady might not either.

caketastydelish likes this.
  15. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Earlier in his career I'd buy that logic, but at his age, they could sell the home town discount angle so I don't think it would add much extra scrutiny.
    I want to retire as a Patriot is easy to understand.

16. Darsnan

Darsnan King

That and there doesn't appear to be an heir-apparent in New England right now. I can see New England investing this off-season in their problem areas (O-Line and receivers, as this draft is supposed to be really deep at receiver) and give Brady one last run next year.

D

17. Light Cleric

I know the Bills are the main reason the Bills lost, but the Texans also played like garbage and deserved to lose this game if the refs hadn't bailed them out. There's no way in hell that kickoff the Texans player threw away should have been a touchback. The NFL doesn't give a damn about "common sense" and "the spirit of the rule" most of the time. It was a colossally boneheaded play and the refs bailed him out. That blindside block call that took the Bills out of field goal range in OT was a joke as well.

Also Booger Mcfarland needs to be fired into the sun. Literally had to mute the game at points because I couldn't handle him.

Unfortunately I had to listen to big galaxy brain suggestion to run a quick draw play on 3rd & 10 and then spike it to stop the clock.

EDIT: On the Pats game I love that Vrabel did the clock thing and got Belichick's pants in a bunch with the exact same crap he does to everyone else.

18. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

C'mon man. That happens the same way every game. I have no idea what possessed that official to jump away when the receiver flipped him the ball, but calling it an illegal forward pass was a leap of monumental craziness.

19. Light Cleric

I just can't think of many times a player didn't fair catch or take a knee and then just threw the ball away.

Still, according to Mike Pereira throwing the ball to the ref means you're giving yourself up regardless of whether you do those other things so yeah, it's moot.

The fact the refs on the field didn't know this and the backup officials had to get involved is what really set off my alarm bells.

20. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I'm almost sure I've seen that exact same walking catch, look at the official, toss him the ball move played out a whole bunch of times. I think the only unique thing here was that somehow he failed to make the right eye contact and the official looked away at the critical moment, then looked back to find the ball sailing at his head and reflex ducked away instead of catching it. Then there was one of those "that might be embarrassing unless I blame it all on the player" moments, but fortunately cooler heads prevailed.