1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Sep 2, 2019.

1. caketastydelish

caketastydelish By any means necessary

If Brady absolutely must keep playing (and has to go somewhere else) I think Indianapolis would the most mutual beneficial to both parties compared to any other locations. Anyone think otherwise ?

2. Darsnan

Darsnan King

Was it Brissett who was holding back Indy this year? If so then yeah that's a good landing spot. Although Giselle might not like living in Indiana and might put her foot down on this one...

San Diego intrigues me as another viable option: their offense is already built around a classic pocket passer. They do need some work on the O-Line but otherwise are in good shape, so say use their #6 draft choice on an offensive lineman, and maybe add another via free agency. And they get the added bonus of hosting New England next season, so depending on how messy Brady's divorce from new England is Brady might find that facet appealing.

D

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Taysum Hill may or may not have the chops to be a starting quarterback, but he's well on his way to full blown New Orleans folk hero status.

4. caketastydelish

Glad I’m not a fan of either one of these teams. I can’t even imagine how hard @Light Cleric heart is beating right now.

5. caketastydelish

Eagles got away with that offsides penalty.

In other news, why does Homer keep being on the field? Feed it to the Beast!

6. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

Maybe I need to take a year off watching football. I go into every game with this feeling of dread wondering what's gonna go wrong and now it's 3 straight years of having my heart ripped right out of my goddamn chest. I'm not even sure I enjoy it anymore.

People are getting upset saying Rudolph committed OPI but I can't say in good faith that he did anything that doesn't go uncalled 80% of the time anyway.

We deserved to lose this game the way we played which is what makes this one the most painful.

7. caketastydelish

You’ve been a fan of a well above average team that has made the playoffs the last three years in a row, two of which were deep playoff runs.

A solid majority of fans of other teams would be more than happy to trade places, no offense.

8. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Reminds me of the laugh highlight from the Belichik presser last night. Some idiot reporter prefaced a question with a statement about how the fans had "stuck with the team through thick and thin" and I thought Billy Bellyache was gonna spit on the guy. Instead he just pointed out "there hasn't really been a lot of thin."

Sommerswerd and caketastydelish like this.
  9. Light Cleric

If you guys think this is just about winning/losing then y'all are tripping and not understanding what I'm saying

10. caketastydelish

Incredibly dumb move by Doug Peterson. A field goal would’ve made it a one possession game and he went for it.

Glad I’m not an Eagles fan.

11. caketastydelish

“I keep getting my heart broken in the playoffs every year” is a luxury/privilege over the vast majority of the league.

Edit: I don’t mean this mean but you are sounding like a spoiled Chiefs fan.

12. Light Cleric

yoooooo I just saw that Clowney hit on Wentz

That seriously didn't get flagged? Wtf?

13. caketastydelish

Didn’t look that bad to me.

14. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

You're insane if you think that wasn't bad. That's a fine and a possible suspension later when they do reviews.

Edit: Oh good Reddit has the clip nice and easy. Yeah that's straight up targeting and with Clowney having a history of this he's in trouble. https://streamable.com/it1s4

15. caketastydelish

I don’t think it was bad/deliberate, nor do I think he’s getting in trouble.

16. Light Cleric

I don't know how you can watch that clip and think he's going for anywhere but the head. Even other Seahawks fans are admitting it was a horrible shot.

17. caketastydelish

"In slow motion, it looks like Wentz is going to reach forward with the ball in his left hand. Clowney is digging straight at it trying to punch it out with his right hand. But then Wentz turns and takes it in the back of the head instead." - Seahawks fan on Seahawks subreddit.

"Eagles fan here. Just wanted to say congrats on the win. I was at the game and the Clowney hit actually happened right in front of me. It was a classic bang bang play and the hit was completely incidental. I think my fanbase has collectively lost its mind tbh...good luck next week" Eagles fan on Seahawks subreddit.

By all means, don't take my word for it, have a look yourself.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/comments/eklxdb/post_game_thread_seattle_seahawks_115/

18. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Face facts Cake, if Wilson gets knocked out of a game by a helmet to helmet hit you and the entire Seahawks subreddit will collectively birth a herd of cows. You are so far removed from a valid source of information here as to be totally irrelevant.

19. caketastydelish

20. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I think the defenders are at a real disadvantage on plays like this. They can plan for a clean hit only to be thwarted by the player changing position at the last second. I'm not a fan of either team and thought it was incidental. But then, I think a lot of plays that are given a penalty for this type of thing are not intentional. It's a fine line and they always look worse in slow mo.

Sommerswerd likes this.