1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

I knew we were sunk the moment Drew went down so this crap didn't cost us the game but like how is this not a penalty lol

I'm not sure how against the rules that is but I'm pretty sure it's at least 50 illegal, maybe 100

caketastydelish likes this.
  2. caketastydelish

caketastydelish By any means necessary

Yeah, that’s ridiculous.

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

On the bright side, taking your helmet off while on the field is unsportsmanlike conduct, so the Saint's player actually is lucky they didn't flag him. Trying to explain to the ref that he didn't take it off, someone else did would most likely turn into a second unsportsmanlike for the ejection.

Hope Brees is okay.

4. caketastydelish

I want him to be ok too just not for next weeks game. :lol:

5. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Looks like Big Ben is out for the season. That potentially saves Tomlin's job, cause the Steelers were going to be struggling this year regardless, but with Big Ben out he has an ironclad excuse for them to do poorly.

6. caketastydelish

As someone who watched that game very closely, I can tell you their backup QB is about as good of a backup QB situation as Nick Foles. If he continues to play like that, Tomlin will hardly have an “ironclad excuse” at QB imo. They were simply out coached, plain and simple. One of the teams made adjustments at halftime and the other didn’t.

Edit: the only reason the game was even close is because Chris Carson kept fumbling the football.

Edit 2: I fully expect the 49ers to continue their perfect season next week as a result of poor coaching on the Steelers part.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  7. rah

rah Deity Supporter

At least it looks like the Bears will miss Drew in their game this year.

8. Sommerswerd

LOL "You gotta bee on you hat" - Furio Giunta

9. Light Cleric

me waking up on my day off to a text that Drew is done for 6 weeks
    I almost spit out my drink reading this but then I remembered Landry Jones is in the XFL anow so maybe Mason Rudolph isn't total ass

10. Sommerswerd

I just looked at the rest of the Pats' schedule. There are only 3 games on there that they have any realistic chance of losing. They should get homefield advantage through the playoffs relatively easily.

11. Light Cleric

Pats and losing Super Bowls to NFC East teams having the easiest schedule in football, name a more iconic duo

12. caketastydelish

Get an NFL game pass subscription and watch the rerun if you won’t take my word for it. You can also get a free trial that you can cancel.

13. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

In the course of the week NFL Network will screen the replay of every game from the weekend.

14. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Although I do think the botched call with the fumble return took the wind out of their sails and is a lot of the reason the Rams blew it open in the 2nd half.

That just sucks.

Indeed, going by yesterday that could be. In a way, this can work out for the Steelers since they now get to evaluate
    Rudolph under circumstances where there are no real expectations. OTOH as Sommer pointed out it means
    that Tomlin's 'use by' date expiring will get lost in the noise of losing Ben. I also wouldn't be shocked if this is the end of
    the road for Ben.

15. Sommerswerd

Big Ben, Eli, Drew Brees… its the end of an era :sad:

16. Light Cleric

Also, Luck retiring, Cam looking broken since midway through last season, Rivers turning 38, and Brady being 42 (something something Father Time is undefeated). Could be a lot of new faces soon.

All hail Gardner Minshew, whose dad wanted to name him Beowulf before naming him "Gardner Minshew II" despite there being no Gardner Minshew I

Also he's the second Jags quarterback after Bortles to look like they're 45 when they're like 20, dude probably came out of the womb with a beer and high-fived the doctor on the great delivery

17. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

There's always plenty of new faces. The question is who is going to step into the "grizzled veterans" role? Rodgers, obviously. Maybe Wilson? Matt Ryan? Does the current iteration of the salary cap even leave room for grizzled veterans?

18. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Also, one picture I saw of him makes it look like he graduated college ~1977 and was put into suspended animation until just before he was drafted.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  19. Sommerswerd

OMG I just looked at a picture of him :eek: This is spot-on. When I look at his pic I can't help but think of Matthew McConaughey's character in Dazed and Confused saying "I get older... they stay the same age" :ack:

20. Light Cleric

Sommerswerd likes this.