2020 NFL offseason thread

As a Seahawks fan, I think it’s funny that the Jets are paying 10 million a year for a backup level offensive lineman. :lol: (Fant)

Last edited:
Patriots defense loses two of their starting linebackers, both of which were considered amongst the best in the league at their position. Ouch.

edit: random unrelated note. Is Kirk Cousins really the best player in the league? He had a good season last year, but that seems like a steep price to pay...

Last edited:
Bears sign Jimmy Graham. Meh. Giants sign one of the best corners on the open market. Significant.

Randall Cobb for a 3 year, 27 million dollar deal? Really Texans?

I can understand "we salvaged what we could for Hopkins because we couldn't pay him anyway", but you are now paying even more for two players who are decent, not spectacular. Johnson and Cobb are not bad by any means, and for the right team, spending that kind of money on them could make sense, but this is a head-scratcher.

Phillip rivers was decent according to PFF. And a significant upgrade over Brissett.
And Rivers would have a vastly superior offensive line to protect him in Indy.

edit: side note: The Hopkins trade is pretty hard to defend (from BoBs point of view) considering what the Vikings got in return for Diggs.

Last edited:
I don’t agree with you. Anyway, the draft hasn’t even started yet, much less the season. I think Rivers in Indy would be legit. Most people don’t think he’s sucks.

This just in, Brady not staying with the Pats...:woohoo:

49ers fleeced Colts imo. From my understanding it would have almost impossible to be able to keep him anyway and now they get 13th overall for it. With this can easily just draft his replacement, except he would be on a rookie contract for the next several years. Lynch must be a pretty good GM, this isn’t first time he heavily won a trade (he traded down one spot so the Bears could select Tribusky and got a hell of a lot for it.)
Its "Tru - bisky" BTW... as in (Tru)ly a (bis)c(k)uit-head(y) as opposed to "Tri - busky"... as in (Tri)ple (b)oo(u)sky :p

Reactions: rah
Saw that. No indication that he has anywhere else to go. Does he still get to claim that he chose to retire if he just can't find a job?

Seems like the Pats would still take him.

Announcing this on St Patricks Day when all the Boston bars are closed is a low blow, though.

But what will become of Jameis Winston?

edit: this is still premature. There’s nothing official yet.

edit 2: also, what will happen New England? Will they look to the draft or free agency? It hurts that they gave up their second rounder on Sanu.

edit 3: yeah it’s official now.

Last edited:
In other news, glad to see the Panthers and Colts have found their QB. I think they made the right choice. But now both of those choices are unavailable to New England. I would think Cam Newton wouldn’t be bad but if the Panthers are wanting to get rid of him that isn’t a good sign.

What other decent free agent QBs are left? I bet the Pats wish Alex Smith would recover.

Also Robert Quinn signs with the Bears. This surprises me because that side of the ball isn’t their main problem.

Raiders get Cory Littleton. As long as they draft reasonably well I’d say they’re playoff contenders. They are stacking some talent.

Really wish he could have left the division but I'm super happy for Teddy, man finally got another starting job and got paid. Will always love him and hope he does great when he's not playing against us.

Foles just seems like a lightning-in-a-bottle QB like Fitzmagic/Fitztragic is and how Flacco used to be (now he's just a bottle). Don't think you can count on him to be reliable because even if Jacksonville is a crappy spot he very clearly got outplayed by Gardner Minshew.

I doubt Newton fits what Belichick wants to do, like you said he lacks the accuracy and they'd have to significantly overhaul their offense. Plus the dude has a LOT of mileage on him despite only being 30. I think the most likely scenario is he gets traded to Washington to reunite with Rivera if they're really giving up on Haskins but who knows.

Winston sucks lol, you can't coach someone to have a brain

Dalton is interesting but I think his ceiling is a Bridgewater type and I don't know that's what the Patriots are after. Then again I don't know if the Patriots know what the Patriots after.

also: re Rivers he sucked ass the second half of the season, they came very close to benching him. That last possession of the Raiders game was some of the saddest football I've ever watched.

It's worth noting that the Pats don't even have the cap space to keep their current team assembled. If they get a veteran, it can't be an expensive one.

edit: if this is accurate they only have about 8 mil to spend... most of which will probably get eaten up just to sign their rookies.

Can they sign Andy Dalton for only a few mil a year? I doubt it...

Edit: according to this Dalton is making over 16 mil a year, there’s no way they can afford him unless either they have a lot more space than I think they do or they release a lot of players. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/andy-dalton-7750/

Last edited:
Carl Nassib to Vegas. That defense is looking pretty formidable in short time. Which isn’t exactly optional when you’re in the same division as Kansas City, Gruden has his priorities straight.

edit: random other thought: with Brady gone (and New England losing a lot of other key players, especially on defense), I wonder who should be considered the favorites to win AFC East.

Didn’t realize that’s how it works

Andy Dalton for 6-8 mil a year, tops, is the best QB bargain you can get outside of rookie contracts. I’d do that in a heartbeat, if you don’t already have a starter.

Chargers could get away with spend their first rounder on a QB considering they used free agency to beef up their offensive line. Other than QB they’re a reasonably complete team. The Chiefs are the Chiefs. Raiders, on paper, are already much better and we haven’t got to the draft yet (where they will have tons of picks). If Broncos add more above average starting WR (very realistic with their draft and this draft in particular) their offense will have some of the best weapons in the game, and I’m not worried about their defense.

AFC West is looking legit.

While I don’t know how true this is, Mariota has defenders saying the reason he didn’t play well Tennessee is because they didn’t put him in a position to succeed. Such as always changing offensive coordinators every year.

Not sure how much of a difference that would make, but it’s worth noting.

The Eagles made it very clear that having a backup QB who is at serviceable is imperative, and other teams are starting to learn.

btw lazy to google but I heard McCown actually put up better numbers than Wentz did in the Seattle playoff game.

edit: with what cap space we/Seahawks have left, I want Clowney and Fowler.

Last edited:
Consistency in coaching and system most assuredly helps a quarterback, and everyone else. He'll certainly get that with the Raiders, so we'll see how it works out. He'll also press Derrek Carr, which can only be a good thing.

Agreed.

Foles may take all of Jacksonville's money and just go back to the Eagles.

Considering this is coming from an Eagles fan, that might be wishful thinking. Definitely ideal for them though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom