1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Dec 24, 2019.

1. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Nick Foles to Chicago. I don’t think he’s that much of an upgrade, especially considering how much they’ll have to pay for him. Although, I will not pretend to know as much as a front office of a professional football team. Jacksonville got a fourth rounder out of it... not bad. They are really stocking up on draft picks.

2. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Yep. In other news, Dante Fowler to Atlanta. I was really wishing the Hawks would get him. Although, in a division with Brady and Brees, you can’t have enough pass rushers.

Edit: they (Jags) got an expensive contract off their hands AND got a fourth rounder out of it. Fleece.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  3. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Seahawks fans both at r/Seahawks and Twitter (and possibly other places) have already decided that Yannick Ngakoue is joining us just because he posted a picture of himself in Seattle on Instagram. Not a single article in existence saying that they’ve reached any kind of agreement. Pure, blind homerism. -_-

I sure do hope they turn out to be right (without us having to give up a first rounder to give up or any good player we don’t have depth at).

It’s just incredibly dumb to assume it’s an already done deal just because he’s visiting the city. With the Cornovirus as rampant in Seattle as it is it can be safely assumed the only reason he’s there is negotiate with the Seahawks, but that doesn’t mean they’ve actually reached an agreement.

edit: just found out we’d have to give up two first rounders for him. This isn’t even something to get excited about, and I hope we don’t do it.

edit 2: someone else explained to me we wouldn’t have to do that depending on the trade. But I don’t have my hopes up.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  4. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Allegedly BoB compared Hopkins to Aaron Hernandez. I don’t see a genuine equivalence, but I will not pretend to know as much as the people close to him.

5. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Chris Harris Jr. to the Chargers. If he can return to the level he's been at most of his career (2019 was a down year), that will be one hell of a secondary.

6. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

But what about the remaining two years on his contract? Would they still have to pay a lot then ? Like 18 mil a year?

edit: in other Bruce Irvin back with the Seahawks. While he had a lot of sacks in 2019, he played on a defensive line with lots talent around him and his pff was meh. He’s also on the wrong side of 30. Most fans I’m aware of are thrilled about this, but I’m not unless the money is right.

7. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

When they swallowed the money, are they absorbing all at once, or are they doing each year? How can they eat that much cap space? Ouch.

8. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Allegedly, Clowney is asking for 20 mil a year. Sounds pretty reasonable. I’d take him for the price.

9. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Yes as you noted they aren't on the hook for his entire contract and Nagy knows him.
    But Meh (not impressed). And only because I think we could have done worse and they weren't going to spend enough to make it better.
    At least it was only a 4th round pick. We usually get suckered for more.

The talking heads were really working to make it sound like a must do and something good. Quite a stretch.

10. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

But you said they swallowed 67 mil earlier.

11. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Seahawks sign Cedric Ogbuehu.

If PFF is to be believed he’s a reasonable upgrade over Ifedi. But if he is not a false start penalty machine, even more so.

12. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Sounds like a nice reward for being a super bowl mvp.

Timsup2nothin likes this.
  13. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Malcolm Jenkins back in New Orleans. He's a solid player, so I suppose Light_Cleric is happy about this. Although, as an Eagles fan, I bet you aren't.

14. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Darius Slay to the Eagles for a third and fifth rounder. Not a bad price to give up for a guaranteed impact player who is elite at his position.

15. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

Rams cut Todd Gurley

They have to think he's done, right? I'm not saying he is, but doing this means they eat $20 mil in dead cap total between the next 2 years. I can't imagine they'd do this if they had even a shred of confidence in him.

16. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Do you have a shred of confidence in your HC? He tested positive for the cornovirus. :(

in other news, Broncos release Flacco. At the very least, they are confident in Drew Lock. Maybe this release could be to the Patriots advantage.

edit: Rams are saying they are now dealing Brandon Cooks for a trade. Jesus, talk about a total depletion of talent.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  17. Light Cleric

I'm going by what I've read and this tweet from Tom Pelissero

If Molly and viacodin didn't beat sean neither will this

caketastydelish likes this.
  18. Light Cleric

Basically it means they can spread the cap hit out over two years but can't use the money until after June 1. Because this was the final year of the CBA teams couldn't use that designation but now that the new CBA was ratified they can.

19. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Given the details of Brady’s contract, it doesn’t look like he was after as much money as possible.

Melvin Gordon to Broncos to give that offense another shiny toy.

Bucs sign Joe Haeg to protect Brady.

Falcons sign Todd Gurley to give their offense some spark.

Eric Enron to Steelers. Never heard of him before but his PFF is pretty good.

20. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Heh. I saw that and thought "Does O'Brien have Covid19?" Then I remembered it attacks the lungs, not the brain.

@Somer - But Brown was showing signs of being a problem before the Steelers dumped him. As far as I know, Hopkins hasn't - even if it's true he and O'Brien didn't get along, I do NOT put that at Hopkins' feet.