2020 NFL offseason thread

Rams cut Todd Gurley

They have to think he's done, right? I'm not saying he is, {...}

Apparently the Falcons have managed to convince themselves he isn't done.

Screw that article. I don’t buy any of it. Brady GOAT.

With this, the Bucs are now Super Bowl favorites.

I didn’t mean literally. I meant my opinion.

I know he's a little older but Emmanuel Sanders is the first WR2 we've had since Michael Thomas was the WR2, because we've had garbage at wide receiver behind MT.

Seriously our top 6 receiving yardage leaders last year in order were Michael Thomas (WR), Jared Cook (TE), Alvin Kamara (RB), Ted Ginn (WR), Lativus Murray (RB) and a tie between Tre'quan Smith (WR) and Taysom Hill (???). We haven't had a receiver besides Thomas top 800 yards since Brandin Cooks in 2016.

Yep... and it’s not even the draft yet (in a draft deep with talent at the WR position). By the times it’s all said and done Brees could have plenty of formidable weapons.

Yeah for once I hope we go hard on offense early in the draft with a WR and OL because those were the biggest holes for us last year, namely the OL not being healthy at all. Thankfully this is a great draft for WRs.

Your next QB (Brees is in the twilight of his career) would be more likely to succeed in the long run if you start off putting him in the position to do so. I’d definitely spend some of your best draft capital to help the offense. And it’s a pass happy league anyway, and you should almost always play to the strength of the draft rather than need.

A while ago we talked about how the older folk among us remembered when throwing for 4000 yards in a season was a big deal, and Marino throwing for 5000 was such a miraculous feat that the one season was probably enough to get him into the HoF. Now, to show just how much things have changed...Winston had a 5000 yard season and he can't even find a job.
This more than anything else, is why I think that they've started calling "Offensive Pass Interference" with so much gusto this year.

It's easierr to throw for a lot of yards when you just chuck it and don't care which team catches it.

Jaemis's first pass for the Bucs was a pick-six.

His final pass for the Bucs was a pick-six.

Patriots sign Hoyer. Lol

Correct me if I’m wrong, but as it stands, Hoyer is the best QB on their roster. Not saying they don’t plan to add anyone better, but that’s how it could be believable.

It’s also worth noting that they don’t have that much cap space to begin with, hence why they couldn’t even keep their current roster.

If not Hoyer, then whoever it is, won’t be getting paid top dollar. Would Cam Newton, for example, put up with that ?

As a random note, I know you hate Brady and the Pats even more than I do, and that’s fine, but there’s one thing I honestly looking forward to:

Was Brady the reason for the dynasty’s success? Or Belichick?

For the first time ever, we will some idea the answer to that question.

Something else: I can only imagine how happy the Falcons are (at least as of right now) about the Sanu trade.

The Pats almost always make at least the AFC championship game but this year they didn’t even make it to the divisional round, so that second round pick Atlanta is getting will be a lot more valuable... in a draft deep with WR talent.

They can very realistically get an upgrade for Sanu that is younger, better, healthier, and on a rookie contract

We haven’t had the draft yet let alone how they’re going to perform but based on what we know now the Falcons won that trade.

And obviously, this is equally crushing to the Patriots for the same reasons.

Last edited:
The level of talent around Tom Brady he’s about to have in Tampa Bay will be vastly superior to what Brady had last year in New England, and has had in a long time.

John Schneider (Seahawks general manager) commits another robbery.

We got Clowney for almost nothing who was a major impact player, same with Quandre Diggs, and now, a shutdown corner for a fifth round draft pick. I’ll take that all day. Now we easily have one of the better secondaries in the league.

And for this year, we’re not paying him that much either.

I think Clowney is more likely to resign in Seattle than anywhere else. We don’t know until it happens, of course.

But Clowney isn’t getting paid an arm and leg like he wanted because no one is going to.

As for this trade as of now, if it’s a super bowl run (and he’s an impact player) it was worth it no matter what. Even a deep playoff run would suffice. A culture of winning is always nice when a solid majority of teams in the league don’t have it.

If you’re correct about all of that you’re probably right , although I think the Dolphins could surprise a lot of people.

1) they’ve already added a significant amount of talent through free agency.

2) last year, as the season went on, they started to get their act together.

3) We haven’t even got to the draft yet, and they are absolutely with picks.

4) Tom Brady left the division (as well as a lot of other talented Patriots players).

Whether Clowney buys this argument or not I wouldn’t know, but I certainly do.

I’m not saying the Dolphins should be considered Super Bowl contenders or whatever, but I see them surprising a lot of people.

I can see them making the playoffs, easily, especially without Brady and several other Patriots to worry about anymore.

The Dolphins beating the Pats to take away their first-round bye started the dominoes falling that ended up with Brady and the other Pats leaving the division, and I will concede nothing and completely ignore any counterargument to this.

That aside... they've got lots of draft picks and lots of cap space. They're not known as a franchise that does well with either one, but a fan can dream, eh? I mean, it's not like the Jets could take the AFC East next year.

The Bills are already solid and the Jets are too whenever their QB is healthy.

I can easily see the Patriots going last in the division. I won’t go as far as predict it, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it happens.

Top Bottom