1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Dec 24, 2019.

1. rah

rah Deity Supporter

If you expect someone to over pay for him. Call the Bears. Oh wait, they already did that for Graham. :lol: :lol:

caketastydelish likes this.
  2. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

3. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Fair enough, never thought if it that way.

In that case, it would probably make @rah ’s day.

4. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Might be out of decent picks this year but I'm sure they'd figure a way to get us to give up future picks also. ;)
    Foles will need someone to throw to after they bench Mitch around game 3

5. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

If Neither Foles or Tribusky turns out to be legit this year, do you think they spend another first rounder on a QB in 2021? Maybe even trade up to get one they want?

6. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

I think Tribusky is a bust and that Foles isn’t going to be able to do that. Do you ?

7. rah

rah Deity Supporter

If both him and Foles fall flat, they won't need to trade up very far because they'll be picking early already

8. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Their defense could guarantee them a mediocre season, though.

9. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Von Miller tests positive for cornovirus. I hope he’s ok. What a big loss that would be.

10. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

I think OBJ will just stay in Cleveland. Their offense is already better (offensive line up tight end upgrades), and we haven't even gotten to the draft yet. Not to mention, their scheme is almost guaranteed to be better, as they didn't utilize OBJ properly last year. I don't know what these silly rumors are even about.

11. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

For what it's worth, Schefter is reporting the Browns haven't tried to trade him this offseason at all.

12. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Nor should they.

13. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Gronk to the Bucs for a fourth round pick. Not a Bucs fan (or a Brady/Gronk fan), but even I will admit this offense will be fun to watch.

14. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

And the wailing and gnashing of teeth here in Patsland has been delicious. I do think it adds credence to the theory that Brady left because "the Patriot Way is no fun when we aren't steamrolling everybody".

15. rah

rah Deity Supporter

He has nothing to lose in Tampa. If he fails, they all expect it. If he succeeds they'll own that town.
    My brother moved there and is thrilled for some excitement.

16. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

Personally I think it was as simple as the team colours for Brady. The 49ers were Brady's first choice... he grew up a 49ers fan and always dreamed of one day playing in the Red and Gold... when the 49ers failed to sign him, he went with the other team that would allow him to play in Red and Gold like he's been dreaming of since he was a kid.

17. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Another variable, which I believe is the most important (as to why Brady specifically went with the Bucs) is that it's easier to throw the ball longer distances (and catch them) in warmer weather.

Brady isn't young anymore, so for at least half the games of the regular season, his diminishing arm strength might not be as much of an issue... which presumably would have been more of a problem had he stayed in New England. It also could explain why the Bucs gave him the best offer in the first place because they're aware of what I'm saying and are aware (obviously) of the kind of climate that is in Tampa Bay. Playoffs are obviously harder but if they can secure home-field advantage (which I personally think they're up to the task), then they have a very realistic chance of at least showing up in the super bowl.

edit: forgot to mention that even the Super Bowl itself will be in Tampa so why not?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  18. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

They should have their eyes on Deandre Swift.

1) they have a much more realistic chance of drafting him without even having to trade up at all.

2) The only weakness on their offense is running back. Draft him (best back in this draft by far) and their offense will be complete.

19. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

The counterpoint is that Brady notoriously struggles in warm temperatures for his entire career... most notably when the Patriots have played the Dolphins in Miami.

IglooDude and caketastydelish like this.
  20. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Almost all mock drafts agree with you. But if they drafted Swift, that could give them a historically high, record setting offense. Which would be fun to watch. But it is true that we (usually) can’t have nice things.