1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Dec 24, 2019.

1. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

2. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

3. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  4. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

People believed him because he accurately stated that Britt would be cut before anyone else did, including reputable sources, and then claimed that he had insider information.

Personally, I never believed him and didn’t think that was enough to make him credible, but a lot of people did.

I bet that radio station regrets having him on air, though.

edit: the radio station said the words to him, verbatim (while they were on air)

"Thank you all, love us, we appreciate you being our Seahawks insider"

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  5. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

As you are doubtless aware, there are innumerable things these days for which that question is applicable.

Timsup2nothin likes this.
  6. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

There is nothing profound, extraordinary, or unexpected about that. It's a self-explanatory phrase.

caketastydelish likes this.
  7. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

the Chargers fan is in shambles right now

8. Light Cleric

I've heard there is, I figured you'd seen him since you live in California.

9. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

There are only 3 NFL teams that I can say I've never met a fan of theirs in person, but 2 of them are expansion teams so its kinda to be expected for them.... I will qualify this by saying that the only time/reason I've met Jets or Jags fans (or at least anyone who would cop to being a fan) is because I've actually been to the stadium for one of their games... which is actually saying a lot for the Jets since I grew up in New England and went to college in New Jersey.

Anyway the three teams for whom I've never met a fan, are the Texans, Panthers, and of course, the Chargers.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  10. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

If I’m in LA and I go to a Raiders/Chargers game, and I’m pretty sure the Chargers will win, I might go decked out in Chargers gear (despite not being a fan of the team) just to troll/piss people off.

11. Light Cleric

In all fairness if my team was dumb enough to piss away all the talent they had in the mid-late 2000s I'd be pretty disgusted (then again this is what we did to our offense for most of 2012-2016 lol)

With the sheer talent that went through there over a short course of time it's insane that they never got a ring, let alone not even having a Super Bowl appearance and only 1 AFC title game appearance

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  12. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

If Justin Herbert is legit, the Chargers are going to be a very serious team. That said, I don’t have my hopes up. And they may just bench him this year.

13. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Tua is the top selling jersey in the league right now. Dolphins fans have already decided he’s the next Marino lol.

14. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Right up until we're proven wrong, yes.

15. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Chicago fans bought quite a few Trubisky jerseys before he ever played also. Didn't help.

16. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Tribusky, in and of himself, has been not awful.

What hurts is the context that they traded up to get him in the same draft that had Watson and Mahomes. Which is not his fault of course, but the comparison will always be made of what could have been. Honestly I think he could easily be starter quality in the right system, but not an elite top 5 QB which they could have had. If he (or Foles) don’t step it up in 2020 they’ll almost certainly get someone else, either through the draft or free agency. And as Tim said, a different regime will probably be making that shot.

The Dolphins, I think, should be optimistic about their future, though not because of Tua, who I think shouldn’t play a single snap this season.

The reason is because they started looking a lot stronger near the end of the season (almost certainly because Flores is a legit coach and the players were finally mastering his system) and they added a LOT of talent. Fitzmagick, given what he had to work with, was amazing last season, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t want to ride with him again. Only now they’ve added talent on both sides of the ball.

I really hope they don’t play Tua though. I think he needs more time to recover from his injury and I think putting rookie QBs behind bad offensive lines is bad for their long term career. With his injury history, only more so.

17. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Personally, I don't think they will (aside from in garbage time against second-line defenses). My gut (well, hope?) is that the Miami fanbase knows this season is a precursor.

18. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Ding ding ding ding. And Chicago fans could probably live with not getting Watson or Mahomes, but the trading up to him is the nail on the coffin for the management team. It was just another example of them getting snookered.

19. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Jets reach contract stalemate for Jamal Adams (a player they have under contract for 2 more years) and now fans of almost every team have decided they can acquire him in a trade. There’s no reason for the Jets to shop him around in the first place, short of the party giving up something incredible. For a team that would probably make the playoffs, a bare minimum of two first-round picks.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  20. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

I'm curious what @Light Cleric thinks about life after Drew Brees, and what they should do.