1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 NFL Regular Season Thread Presented by Bizzaro World

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Serutan, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Welp, it's that time - the regular season is just about to start. Given the last 6 months, I thought the tread title appropriate. And just as a cherry on the cake, in CA, AZ, and CO air quality could be seriously dicey for games given all the lovely fires going on out in these parts.

2. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

I was actually taken by surprise by the start of the season, and I'm not really sure that I am confident it will make it through the end. It is making it hard to get invested.

Go Eagles though.

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

I know it was appropriate to have the Rams play the first game in the new stadium, but with the pandemic they should have let the Chargers do it. That way it wouldn't have been so weird that there were no fans.

4. Serutan

If things keep up the Colts are going to look pretty dumb for signing Rivers.

5. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

I dunno what possessed them to do that. People could talk all they wanted about the Chargers line being bad and pressure and blah blah blah, but just on the eyeball test he was rainbowing the ball to get it fifteen yards down field. There is no way he can put enough zip on the ball to get it in on a receiver against NFL coverage.

6. Serutan

Hmm, could Brees be falling off the cliff this season? Not ready to say it with any confidence, but the trend is not good.

7. Serutan

8. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

RIP to a great Chicago Bear. That makes two this season (RIP rah :().

Moved from Offseason thread:

Literally EVERYONE on the 49ers is hurt :shake:

I'd joke that its time to start pulling fans out of the stands to be subs, but... can't do that cause there are no fans in the stands :sad:

I guess the 49ers are in the same boat as the New York Football Giants now... Oh well, there's always next season...

9. Serutan

10. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy We'll dig up the road!

Titans got a whole bunch of Covid cases, but that game can be changed by swapping some bye weeks.

Then Cam Newton of the Patriots tests positive. If that game against the Chiefs isn't played on Tuesday (if no other players test positive) will it ever be played?

11. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Fitzpatrick is looking really good, and it isn't even a contract year...

12. Serutan

The Dolphins are actually looking like a decent team overall at the moment. But can Flores break the Darth Hoodie assistant curse? Only time will tell.NOTE : Vrabel never coached in NE so he doesn't count)

13. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

I'm not a Dolphins fan but I'm not sure if I like the decision to start Tua. I only care about him as a player. I feel they're throwing him to the wolves behind a bad offensive line, and an offense generally lacking talent outside of one wide receiver (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't watched any of their games this year other than the Seahawks one). I don't think this is in the best interest of his long term career. He shouldn't have taken a snap this season IMO. Especially with his history of injuries.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020 at 12:24 AM
  14. Serutan

As I have stated previously, I have concerns about Tua's durability after his last college injury so from that standpoint this is not ideal. But
    maybe the Dolphins need to go ahead and find out about that. Not a question with an easy answer.

15. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Ditto. They want to see his effectiveness at the professional level, beyond a few passes against the Jests. I am confident that if he starts getting pummeled then it's back to Fitz.