2020 US Election (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estebonrober

Deity
well, that is your opinion cloud, I don’t see the US going backwards as you and so many here do. I think this administration will be a good pivot for the republicans of the future like Nicky Haley and Tim Scott

I thought this quote was the perfect one to start the election night and post election drama part of this serial.

lmfao. "A good pivot".

Republicans of the future heh.

What if Trump keeps running for President and doesn't stop if Biden wins?

We might end up with the most obnoxious ex-president ever denouncing democrats every day and requiring journalists to call him President Trump like the other presidents get after their term is over.

I wont truly believe a Biden win until Trump actually concedes defeat...

That could be never.

Anyway @bernie14 other people have already pointed out the racism. You clearly don't care. But you live in Florida the state on the frontline of climate change, and you kept voting for the party that thinks it is a hoax, and actively tries to make it worse, because they have made the use of coal a culture war issue. You are voting to destroy your own community and property values.

That will be never; Trump will go to his grave insisting the election was stolen from him.

If you need an outer marker, go with "until the Electoral College registers its vote."

We going to be taking any bets on when the 2020 election is "over"?

It depends what you mean by "over"

Either 1 a.m. Nov 4, when it's called.

Or Dec 14 when the EC casts its votes.

Given all the division, suspicion, stereotypes, hatreds, feuds, irreconcilable conflicts, wounds that may never heal, vitriol and believing of horrid myths - and creating new ones - as well as, I might add the, the throwing of lies, false accusations, and unthought declarations, between Americans (and even dragging in non-Americans) that this election has inflicted on the voters by it's very nature, I think the tenor of this music video's lyrics and theme - and the title certainly - are a tribute to the advise and wisdom of behaviour that would be a better path to tread for all.

Given all the division, suspicion, stereotypes, hatreds, feuds, irreconcilable conflicts, wounds that may never heal, vitriol and believing of horrid myths - and creating new ones - as well as, I might add the, the throwing of lies, false accusations, and unthought declarations, between Americans (and even dragging in non-Americans) that this election has inflicted on the voters by it's very nature, I think the tenor of this music video's lyrics and theme - and the title certainly - are a tribute to the advise and wisdom of behaviour that would be a better path to tread for all.

There's a GNR song for every occasion.

You could also use this one.

@onejayhawk
War? Hardly.

Trump did his job on COVID, so we are going to have a vaccine a year or more early. Some of the Governors let their states down.

J
Trump did everything he could to downplay the virus and discourage increased safety. He decided early on that his only strength was the economy that the virus trampled. He wrongfully declared that it all would be over soon in spite of increasing evidence that it wasn't and that it was getting worse. As the ever rising death toll accumulated he refused to back down and still does. He did not produce a vaccine. He wanted to have one by tomorrow, but dozens of pharma companies are working to produce that solution. The urgency is not because of Trump. It is because the world is in a crisis. There is no date as of now on when we will get that vaccine.

Trump has knowingly put hundreds of thousands of people to death because he failed to take charge and demonstrate leadership that was focused on saving lives. He encouraged and held dangerous rallies for personal gain. His goal all along was to allow people to die so he could be re-elected. He has waged a war against public safety and preserving life. He choose badly. We are the world leader in both cases and deaths. Those all are at at Trumps feet. How many more lives are you will to sacrifice for politics?

Last edited:
"A house divided upon itself cannot stand," - Abraham Lincoln

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself," - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Two Presidents whom Trump is a pitiful shell and mockery compared to, and whom Biden would (and could) not be any closer to.

I will sign off for now by asking which candidate will be elected Divider-in-Chief? Because, due to the way things are - that both sides of the American socio-political divide have very much had a hand in creating as a situation - neither Biden nor Trump with be able to, de facto, be an actual LEADER, in truth, of the nation and people, and to represent it abroad and guide it's meaningful government policy. It is very unfortunate, and I hope the end, and inevitable result, it closer to Czechoslovakia than Yugoslavia. Good night!

We going to be taking any bets on when the 2020 election is "over"?

It depends what you mean by "over"

Either 1 a.m. Nov 4, when it's called.

Or Dec 14 when the EC casts its votes.
I'm with Gori that we'll know the vote tally well enough by late tomorrow night/wee hours of Wednesday.

When it is certain that there will be a transfer of power (should Biden win) is much less clear to me.

Good night, Patine.

"A house divided upon itself cannot stand," - Abraham Lincoln

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself," - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Two Presidents whom Trump is a pitiful shell and mockery compared to, and whom Biden would (and could) not be any closer to.

Great quotes.

I will sign off for now by asking which candidate will be elected Divider-in-Chief? Because, due to the way things are - that both sides of the American socio-political divide have very much had a hand in creating as a situation - neither Biden nor Trump with be able to, de facto, be an actual LEADER, in truth, of the nation and people, and to represent it abroad and guide it's meaningful government policy. It is very unfortunate, and I hope the end, and inevitable result, it closer to Czechoslovakia than Yugoslavia. Good night!

This will all land squarely on the GOP and their talking heads to make the decision. Stir their base up further instigating more violence, more tacit racism, more voter suppression and gerrymandering. Or come back to the light and try to govern as a nation or something.

The last stretch...well, then comes December, then January...if this comes down to Pence casting a vote, it'll all be for naught. And don't be oh 'The people will be mad' or 'revolt' me, I come from a family of political radicals who fought in many civil wars, the US is more neutered than Italy or Ireland or even France. There's not going to be a civil war if push comes to shove. There will be a purge, and that'll be it. Liberty will die with a whimper.

Maybe in the future a new country on a new world will arise out of this Coyote/Handmaiden level hell and do things better if that happens. Because at that point we're just a one party state.

Though I could be wrong. Trump got a upset in some states. Biden can get the same. If Biden gets a clear EC win in some states with a massive popular vote IN THOSE STATES, they can't say '537' votes '00 like they did with Bush, which is why coming out to vote actually matters, especially in swing or Red states.

This will all land squarely on the GOP and their talking heads to make the decision. Stir their base up further instigating more violence, more tacit racism, more voter suppression and gerrymandering. Or come back to the light and try to govern as a nation or something.

It's not as if Biden's base has been any better than Trump's at fostering and promoting unity, judging by the rhetoric on this site as a simple, example microcosm. The vicious and sharp divisions and wounds to the U.S. have very much been a "it takes two to Tango," type of endeavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom