2020 US Election (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still be interested in an examination of these claims, rather than a presumption that everything they say is false. Even liars use the truth, and the best liars almost never use anything else.

My county went 3:1 Trump, maybe we should start tearing about subsets of it statistically and make sure there was no funny business. After all all modern cases of proven voter fraud has been for republicans.

Typically, when someone responds to a post about not lying with LOL it is because they have proof to the contrary or they think everyone must lie like they do.

Here is an opinion from WaPO
Trump privately plots his next act — including a potential 2024 run
President Trump would have the world falsely believe that he won the election and is preparing for a second term. In private huddles and phone conversations, however, Trump has been discussing an entirely different next act: another presidential run in 2024. In a nod to the reality that he is destined to leave office in January, the president is seriously contemplating life beyond the White House, telling advisers that he wants to remain an omnipresent force in politics and the media — perhaps by running for the White House again.

Trump has told confidants he could announce a 2024 campaign before the end of this year, which would immediately set up a potential rematch with President-elect Joe Biden. Trump also has been exploring ways to make money for relatively little work, such as giving paid speeches to corporate groups or selling tickets to rallies. In addition, he may try to write a score-settling memoir of his time as president and appear on television, in a paid or unpaid capacity.

Trump: 'Losing is never easy'

Though there has also been considerable chatter among Trump’s associates about his starting a media company of his own, many close to the president said they believe that option is less likely, in part because it would be an arduous undertaking without guaranteed success. These advisers, like some others interviewed for this story, spoke on the condition of anonymity to candidly discuss sensitive topics.

There is also pressure on Trump to monetize his post-presidency in light of his personal debt and legal troubles. He has payments due over the next four years of more than $400 million in loans and could incur substantial legal fees related to a number of investigations and lawsuits.

Trump will “try to remain a political and media force,” said Christopher Ruddy, a longtime friend who has been in touch with the president. “He has all these existing businesses. He’ll have new relationships.” Whatever platform he decides to use, Trump plans to seek vengeance against those he believes have betrayed him — a group that includes Fox News Channel, which Trump had long praised for the sycophantic coverage on some of its programs but now seeks to punish.

Trump has railed privately about the presidential debate moderated by Fox’s Chris Wallace, the fact that the network was the first major news network to call Arizona for Biden and that one of Fox’s correspondents confirmed the Atlantic’s reporting that Trump had called military service members “suckers” and “losers.”

“He is really angry with Fox,” said Ruddy, who runs Newsmax, a conservative media company whose cable channel the president has promoted as a Fox alternative.

After Biden’s inauguration, Trump is likely to retreat first to Florida, where he vacations in the winter at his Mar-a-Lago Club, advisers said. While in office, he changed his voter registration from New York to Palm Beach, Fla. People who have discussed plans with Trump said he is likely to immediately get more involved in his businesses in which revenue has plunged.

Trump’s daughter Ivanka, son-in-law Jared Kushner and other adult children have been focused more on their own futures than the president’s, even though their career options and personal brands are inextricably tied to him, according to a senior administration official who has spoken with family members.

Even as Trump and some of his attorneys continue to spread unproven conspiracies and claim he is the rightful winner of the election, his political orbit has been bubbling in recent days with talk of how Trump’s post-presidency will take shape — and how a man obsessed with being seen as a winner might try to fumigate the stench of being an election loser. One adviser who recently spoke with the president said that Trump told him he planned to announce a new campaign in three weeks, and that he wanted to act quickly to try to freeze the large field of prospective 2024 Republican presidential candidates. That group includes at least three people who have served in the administration: Vice President Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley.

Trump watches television news programs in the lower press office of the White House after delivering remarks on Friday. (Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post)
But other advisers cautioned that, as is often the case with the ping-ponging president, Trump’s views on the matter are constantly evolving and he has made no final determination.

“It would be a fool’s errand to declare you’re running for president at the end of this year, but on the other hand, to keep your hold over the party and fight Republican legacy hierarchy so that they can’t erase you from history, it’s important to remain a front-runner in this process,” said Sam Nunberg, a former Trump adviser.

“He’s highly competitive,” Nunberg added. “It’s pretty cool to be elected in 2016 — it’s historic — but it will be the comeback of political comebacks to regain in 2024.”

Regardless of whether he actually runs for president again, Trump is likely to try to dominate Republican politics for years to come. “Unlike Bush, unlike Reagan, unlike any of our former presidents, he will be an ongoing presence,” said Michael Steele, a former chairman of the Republican National Committee and senior adviser to the anti-Trump Lincoln Project. “He wants the party to continue to be consumed by him and his madness.”

Trump has been bragging to confidants that he secured more votes than any Republican presidential candidate in history — although he trails Biden in the national popular vote by about 6 million — and that he believes he has leverage because he thinks anyone who wants a future in Republican politics will have to “kiss the ring,” said a second adviser.
“His Twitter feed, as obnoxious as it is, is one of the most powerful tools he has — and he gets to take that with him,” said Brendan Buck, a Republican strategist and former senior aide on Capitol Hill who has been critical of Trump. “He’ll still have that ability to make or break primaries and tank deals on Capitol Hill.”

Maybe a compromise would be the rebirth of the CSA, with Trump being its first president.
Anyway this isn't going to end well.

Virginia and Georgia were pretty important to the CSA. I mean just subtract Virginia, and the CSA wouldn't have even lasted a year.

And North Carolina, Florida and Texas were all reasonable close. Meanwhile Unionist West Virginia slid even further right. And if course states like Ohio, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, etc.

The real divide was urban and suburban vs exurban and rural. Pretty funny that a urban dandy from New York is the king of rural America. But you fundamentally can't split a country along those lines.

its an attempt at a fascist like takeover (read minority group taking power and holding onto despite losing while that group has anti-human tendencies)
Not to deny that Trump certainly has somewhat fascist tendencies, but WTF is this completely idiotic definition that doesn't even approach anything related to fascism ?

Won't somebody think of the Nazis!

Well I guess I should thank God for Antifa's uncanny ability to target only Nazis, but any outward display of religiosity might put me on their list. And what do you suppose will happen if the Nazis are silenced? Well, other than pissed off Nazis.

I think most everyone else will learn to keep quiet about anything Antifa might misinterpret. A nation walking on eggshells thanks to politically motivated rioters allied with Democrats who accuse other people of starting a civil war.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/antifa-attacks-a-journalist-11562021361

Criticizing Antifa's violence is fascist and verboten!

Antifa and BLM and their supporters are a threat to passing an agenda people want, we could see the GOP take the House in 2 years and the WH in 4 if their crap continues. But it shouldn't once Joe sits in the oval office, this was more about beating Trump. Domestic terrorism to win an election and prevent fascism, hooray!

If a bunch of Nazis or "alt-reich" turds show up in their Turner Diaries cosplay, I won't get that bothered if someone looking for a fight gets into a fight with them.

They just attacked people after that Trump rally in Washington, the victims were not a bunch of Nazis.

Inherent difference, the 2000 election came down to a close singular state. A state at the time had a reasonable election issue. Comparing this election to the 2000 is laughable. It could reasonably be assumed that a single state coming down to 500 votes is worth thoroughly investigating. This election we are looking at cases across nearly a half a dozen states which at bare minimum have a difference of 10,000 votes. Additionally, in 2000 Vice President Gore initially conceded until it became clear there was a significant election issue in the state of Florida. This time around it has been dis-proven so many times at this point it is out of the question that there is any election fraud, issues, etc. At this point the sitting President is attempting to pressure local level election authorities to toss out votes, state legislators to go against the will of the people in their state, and continuing insane court cases that are being tossed out faster than they can be filed.

I wasn't comparing the elections so much as noting how the law allows both Trump and Gore to investigate them. If I was to compare them, I'd say your argument shows why Gore's investigation shouldn't take nearly as long as Trumps and therefore any neutral observer would at least allow Trump the same amount of time if not more.

But Democrats were claiming this was a clean election the moment Biden passed Trump in the swing states so they're not interested in what is proven or dis-proven and their effort to shut down dissent looks crooked. If this election isn't scrutinized it will taint Biden's administration. I dont give a crap about him or the Dems, but the people of this country need help and a more polarizing election will make that even more unlikely.

The entire election hung on 537 votes and the recount was halted
But hey STOP THE COUNT or is it COUNT THE VOTES ?

Meanwhile Republicans are calling to find a way to throw out legal votes, lying and gaslighting.

I supported giving Gore the time allowed by the law and I would have supported giving him more time if the courts and election boards needed it. But he wanted recounts in 4 counties and the courts were stuck dealing with equal protection and in a 7-2 vote SCOTUS stopped the counting.

Oh you pissant cry baby. Americans are dying by the thousands and the living are barely able to stay afloat.

And bezerk be like: But muh boy Twump' 'lection vestigation!

We just spent 4 years of watching Democrats complain about Trump, now complaining is a bad thing. If the law allows him to challenge the results who am I to condemn him for challenging the results? I didn't criticize Gore for using the time the law gave him, I'd be guilty of hypocrisy if I denied Trump the same thing.

Besides, it will be good for the country if more people accept the results, it will be worse if more people think it was stolen. As for lost lives, I dont remember the Democrats voting in the last 3 elections expressing much concern about all the people Obama, Clinton and Biden were blowing up.

Exit polls still aren't final.

I've noticed with these articles, that they generally don't mention the booming evangelical inroads with Hispanic voters (evangelicalism long being the rock bed of the Republican vote) and even more crazier, conspiracy stuff like Qanon. Fair amount of overlap with those two.

But yeah a lot of baseline economic strength (despite the Presidency having much less impact than people think, and Trump actively trying to make it worse), and incumbency.

But Bush Jr did win more of the Hispanic and Asian vote than Trump, so this isn't anything new. And Obama 8 years after 2004, went on to win Hispanics by a landslide.

We just spent 4 years of watching Democrats complain about Trump, now complaining is a bad thing. If the law allows him to challenge the results who am I to condemn him for challenging the results?

You can only challenge the results if you have a reason to challenge the results

I think the surprising thing is that Trump won any vote at all in the minority communities after his politics. The answer though to that is that racism is a fundamentally human conception and works irregardless of what ethnicity one is. The Dog-Whistling may not even work conciously, but subconciously. We all however are receptive to such claims and have to work hard to counter them. Meanwhile, populists know the tune and use it quite excellently to play on it.

To be fair though, they still got around 8 Million votes less than the non-racist guy (or less-racist?). In percentages, it‘s still quite close but I believe that is just an American speciality. If both big parties were split into two, I believe the non-Trump Republican one would have made votes in the Republican camp.

And @Berzerker the difference is four years ago people were protesting Trump and his personality (racism, sexism). You are not protesting Biden here, but the election. Clinton and the Democrats always accepted the election which was as clear and free and fair as this one. Russiagate came afterwards and the goal of the investigation was not to install Clinton as President because if it would have gone to an impeachment, Pence would have taken over and after him someone else from the Republican Party. The complaints now try to throw the election to the other party, that‘s a fundamental difference to 2016. So yeah, bring the comparison again if you want to protest something Biden has done.

Typically, when someone responds to a post about not lying with LOL it is because they have proof to the contrary or they think everyone must lie like they do.
The “proof” is in the same post, hence the lol.
Former Philadelphia Judge of Elections Convicted of Conspiring to Violate Civil Rights and Bribery | OPA | Department of Justice

Do you mean this case? That I can't find any numbers on but he was doing this by hand and the fraud was years ago? Cause I'm not impressed. Although you did find a dem one. Good for you! :thumbsup:
I didn’t even have to find one, it was already here, I’m just pointing it out as you pretend Trump and the GOP are the only ones who play games. If believing DeMuro is some anomaly makes you feel better, then that’s all I need to know.

The far left crazies here will ignore this or rationalize it as brainwashing, but unfortunately for them, every time they touch on “supporting racism/bigotry by voting for Trump/GOP” they clearly talk kaka out of their mouths because plenty of people of color in this country evidently don’t see things in the hyper pigment-focused, ideological prism they do.

Moderator Action: It's generally frowned upon here to classify a group as left or right and generalize that way. Referring to others as far left crazies is not only unfair, it is also trolling. You're new here so I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Don't make me regret it. --LM

Last edited by a moderator:
The “proof” is in the same post, hence the lol.
I didn’t even have to find one, it was already here, I’m just pointing it out as you pretend Trump and the GOP are the only ones who play games. If believing DeMuro is some anomaly makes you feel better, then that’s all I need to know.

You have one story from a few years ago that is tiny in scale. I know it is an anomaly. The fact that you "believe" it is not tells me everything I need to know about you and not jsut about politics.

The far left crazies here will ignore this or rationalize it as fascist brainwashing, but unfortunately for them, every time they touch on “supporting racism/fascism/bigotry by voting for Trump/GOP” they clearly talk kaka out of their mouths because plenty of people of color in this country evidently don’t see things in the hyper pigment-focused, ideological prism they do.

Latinos definitely have a strong racism streak so its not exclusive to white people. Also Latinos here have a strong "no more" thing going on in regards to immigration. So there are real reasons. We (far-left crazies) did spend a lot of time talking about this and the problems it presents. I largely blame the PC cancel culture stuff, the problem there is its overblown so its hard to fix a subject that is blown out of proportion anyways.

Trump's core base definitely has a strong white grievance racism thing going on, pointing that out is not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom