2020 US Election (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/poli...sm-not-him/ar-BB14SCsT?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

"Hardly goes a week by when some white person, whether it's a white supremacist or a racist law enforcement officer, does not kill a black person needlessly," Al Cardenas, a GOP strategist and a former chairman of the American Conservatives Union, told the Post. "What the country needs and wants from the president, they're not going to get. This president, I don't believe, relates to the racism, relates to the pain. At least I haven't seen it."

While I'm not a great fan of our guv, he has done a decent job handling the virus and standing up to our clown and chief. Have to give him some credit.

Inspiring stuff

Biden is such a ****ing liability, all he had to do was shut up and listen

Last edited:
Expecting a politician to keep his mouth shut is quite hilarious.

To some extent there needs to be a separation between the Anti-Fascists who are willing to stand in front of angry Nazis, and the Anti-Fascists who are looking to get in their urban guerrilla cosplay outfit and 'liberate' a liquor store.
Well, yes: the first really exist, the second are the invention of a feverish conservative imagination.

There are people who have taken to the streets to protest police brutality, the so-called "peaceful protesters". There are people who have taken to the streets to confront authority figures and vent their outrage, the so-called "rioters". There are people who have taken to the streets to break stuff and steal things, the so-called "looters". Each of these groups shades into each other; we cannot pretend that there are distinct groups of "good" and "bad" people on the street, wherever we might choose to draw that line. But the notion that the more wanton or nihilistic violence is being carried out by left-wing radicals trying to make a statement or start a revolution is a deranged reactionary fantasy, and it's frankly pretty baffling that otherwise reasonable people are willing to entertain it even briefly.

Sorry, when you show up with a u-haul trailer and crowbars, high probability you're the bad people.

I don't think that is as clear. But you are correct that a good number are probably bad. But no where near all of them.

I don't think that is as clear. But you are correct that a good number are probably bad. But no where near all of them.

The police have no qualms in beating and macing children, but this isn't in the 60s or 70s.

This is today.

Never maced but was beaten by them in the 70's and believe it was more common back then. There were no cell phones back then so the likelihood of them being held accountable was even less than it is today.

Never maced but was beaten by them in the 70's and believe it was more common back then. There were no cell phones back then so the likelihood of them being held accountable was even less than it is today.

I mean accountability hasn't really improved has it? They just get shipped off or put on desk duty.

You act like there are no cops in jail for doing illegal stuff. Granted not as many as deserve it but the number is not even close to zero.

The point being more than in the past, so I see that as an improvement.

rioting has been going on for like 5 days and the president has yet to address the nation

Do you think that would actually improve things?

Just another sign of how bad a president he is.

Sounds a like what happened to Nixon - and counter-tactics were really mean. And even though was the only U.S. President to actually resign, those protests, or the reasons that triggered them, were not at all why he did so.

Trump needs to be careful; bad things tend to happen to fascists in bunkers, Inshallah

I can't help but notice this, probably as a throwing in the face to what you see as "Christian Conservative," oppressive society. As properly written, and in the true and pure messages, the Ministry of Christ would be a lot more forgiving, accepting, and lacking judgementalism of your lifestyle and nature than anything Mohammed wrote. Of course, the problem is that the most vocal, influential, powerful, and wealthy members of both religions (or who claim to be actual members and adherents) don't like to follow their respective religions properly, but twist and warp their scriptures and doctrines thereof until they scream and use these blasphemies and heresies to create self-serving regimes of tyranny, oppression, hate, and greed. This is a real problem that has plagued both predominantly Christian and Muslim nations, and is a difficult one to deal with, because a lot of people because these sacrilegious cults of power on the Earth are actually how these two religions are meant to be practiced, and what they're real doctrines and beliefs really are.

An "improvement" that's done **** all to prevent or ameliorate future, past and current damage.

Anything less than the instant flip of the "magic utopia switch," with all promised effects made fully manifest instantly and simultaneously, seems completely unsatisfactory to you.

An "improvement" that's done **** all to prevent or ameliorate future, past and current damage.
Never said completely fixed, just better.

Anything less than the instant flip of the "magic utopia switch," with all promised effects made fully manifest instantly and simultaneously, seems completely unsatisfactory to you.
"I have made you a cake. See, it is on this plate."
"But the plate is empty. There is no cake there."
"Nothing's every good enough for you, is it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom