1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 US Election (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lexicus, Mar 11, 2020.

1. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Whoever makes a good target at that particular moment.

2. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

Never forget Obama and Hillary.

Also, the deep state, China, Mexico, the do-nothing Democrats.

The buck stops anywhere but with him.

3. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

"The buck" never stops at all.

4. Hrothbern

Hrothbern Deity

yes ofc

But some ad hominem and foreign "thems"... well

But extending that deep state from the WH, where he BTW sits himself now, to the Governors etc is for me much more troubling because he challenges the Constitution.

5. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

That is indeed the thing I'm thinking will undo him now.

6. haroon

haroon Deity

True, but there is a bigger chance that this may success. But if you, like you always constantly calling, after radical/fundamental change of the system this is the only way and the only momentum to do it.

Btw are you after a status quo with establishment and calling the American to chose the lesser between two evil? A gradual turtle like change as you always resent? or are you after a meaningful systemic change like you always advocate? Because if you are after the later, I don't see why you should against this road to revolution.

7. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Someone said this earlier, I forget who. I couldn't find the actual post (it's getting late, I'm tired now anyway).

But someone basically said that Joe Biden right now is not that much different, in terms of personality and platform, to McCain in 2008. I was in high school then, I remember McCain.

Can't really say I disagree. Trump is extremely far to the right, and Joe Biden is a moderate conservative. Bernie Sanders is a legit liberal/progressive, but he's not on the ticket. Not unless he decides to run as an independent, which I think he should.

innonimatu likes this.
  8. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

He can't win all he can do is split the vote.

Even if he did somehow win he has a hostile Congress and can't pass anything.

9. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Not if the masses of the people are on Bernies' side and they feel pressured to enact his policies.

10. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

I think you are both mistaken here. One of Trump's nickames is Promise Keeper.

The whole Durham investigation is about the deep state. The wall may be manpower, not steel, but it has worked and Mexico paid for it. Renegotiating trade agreements, deregulating, restocking the federal bench, tax reform, untangling from foreign wars, Iran, ISIS, the list goes on. Trump can claim a lot as not only accomplishments, but deliveries on promises. This is going to matter greatly when the campaign revs up in the fall, because Trump's support is loyal. It's not blindly loyal, though many make the claim, since Trump has delivered.

You are not the first to think of McCain, but a better comp is Walter Mondale. Trump is doing his part by putting up a surprisingly good Ronald Reagan impression. There are obvious differences, primarily that Mondale was a much more impressive person than Biden and that Trump is more hated than Reagan.

J

11. Sommerswerd

No. Its not.
    Now this, I agree with, excepting the bolded.

12. Farm Boy

Farm Boy You gave me my own tail?

McCain also continued to evolve after he lost his presidential bid in 2008. Unfortunately, he wound up in the role that everyone hates, the one where he says we've been wrong on some issues and says we should change some of the things. The role that defends the basic humanity and decency of his political opponents. Republicans rewarded that message by electing an Assclown. Can't say I entirely blame them entirely, their other picks were uninspiring, but by all that is holy. Donald Trump. Gross. We'll see how the Democrats do. Still can't wrap my head around the last pick there, either. Just, damn.

13. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

I think this needs to be framed and put in a sociology book related to the adverse affects of populism on the psyche.

cardgame likes this.
  14. Farm Boy

Farm Boy You gave me my own tail?

I don't think Assclown rates the term populist in action and it surely can't apply to anyone who wins an election, but loses a popularity contest, against a harpy

IglooDude and cardgame like this.
  15. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

Maybe not in your circles, but there are some where it is true.

So, you think that Trump is doing a good RR impression is important. OK

J

16. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

I'd rate it not bad. Good form on "Sanity Slipping" and "Racist" categories.

17. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Masses aren't with him. About 1 in 3 people who voted in Democrat primaries.

That's not 1 in 3 Americans or even one in three people likely to vote Democrat.

15% of the vote at best and that's wildly optimistic taking the 1 in 3 and applying it to the 48% or so that tend to vote Democrat.

1in 6 Americans at best. Most of whom live in the wrong location to win a US election.

18. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

caketastydelish and Imaus like this.
  19. Sommerswerd

Huh? "important"? Where did I say that? Sheesh, I very simply, very straightforwardly, flat-out agree with a statement you make... and you still try to intentionally misinterpret what I've said. Why was that even necessary dude? I agreed with you for crissakes... SMFH:shake:

20. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Peggy Noonan Calls for Trump to Step down

[Peggy Noonan is a conservative columnist for the WSJ]

tldr: He should give an Oval Office address announcing he’s leaving: “America, you don’t deserve me.” Truer words have never been spoken in that old place. And he won’t be outshone by his successor. Network producers will listen to Mike Pence once and say, “Let’s do ‘Shark Week.’ ” But you know, America could use a shark week.