1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 US Election (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lexicus, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

Notably, stupidity doesn't have to be the reason in of itself. Someone can be stupid, and still do a petty, damaging action. Because they're being stupid. Let's not let elected officials off that easily, eh?

2. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Kanye West was on my ballot. So stupid

Sommerswerd and Socrates99 like this.
  3. GoodEnoughForMe

GoodEnoughForMe n.m.s.s.

The unemployment expansion was one of the single most progressive and successful policies this country has ever implemented, and literally meant the poverty rate was much lower during covid than pre covid. In some cities, as many as 60% of restaurants say they can't make it to next year right now. The $1200 check was a lifesaver literally for some people. We managed to get both of those this year. And like you said, we badly need state funding. I'm sorry but well over 200,000 people have died, we don't have time for some weird vindictive rehash of this subject. Is the bill going to have problems? Yeah. Do I want the restaurant and airline industries to fully collapse? No. The sheer amount of workers - particular single mothers and students - who'd get absolutely destroyed by that is almost unfathomable.

Drakle, aelf, Imaus and 3 others like this.
  4. Farm Boy

Farm Boy You gave me my own tail?

I'm annoyed you guys talked about him. I was enjoying the jackass being gone and forgotten.

5. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

6. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

Too bad.

Also... I like AOC.

Imaus likes this.
  7. Farm Boy

I know. I know people who like Rush, too. I figure you get the same pass. ;)

Come to think of it though, Rush was inhabiting that nice space where he's gone too. I'm not sure they listen anymore. He's still alive, right? Thinking of him without being prompted by a hatescroller is my fault, there!

8. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Imagine thinking Rush Limbaugh and AOC are in any way equivalent

Ziggy Stardust, Drakle, aelf and 4 others like this.
  9. Imaus

Imaus King

"After the Election" - which he won't consider legitimate unless he wins, which he may not, and then what? He'll try to get the courts to get through, he won't be focusing on the stimulus. Especially as he's not the only thing being voted in - the senate and house might go even more Blue as well for Jan, so from Nov and Dec the Reps have no real reason to renegotiate either. They have enough money to cruise on for two, three months as they demand recount after recount and their goons and cultists smash heads and kill people on the street.

In the Senate, there's a 67% chance for a Dem Majority.

In the house, there's a 80% for a Dem Majority.

The Reps will be out of everything but their court, which they haven't formalized yet. Even if somehow they keep Trump in, the Senate and House would be blue and they would just override his vetoes ad infinitum.

10. Farm Boy

In that I think they're both hot piles of garbage? Sure. In that thier dingleberries get the same pass? Sure. Equivalent? No. They are different piles. As the Penguin said in a bad Batman movie, something something about liking the smell of your own.

11. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

I would like to hear you explain why you think AOC is a pile of garbage.

hobbsyoyo, Drakle, Kyriakos and 2 others like this.
  12. Imaus

Imaus King

I'm not, do you expect anything else but the same old rightist bashing points?

13. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

In Farm Boy's case, quite possibly.

Drakle and Sommerswerd like this.
  14. Imaus

Imaus King

A true moderate he is then, eh? Rare things.

15. Farm Boy

You know how first impressions are hard to undo? I didn't know who she was and she said something that registered as Trumpy. I tuned her out for at least a year. That came up in discussion, Gori linked some video of her being hot and bouncy in college, I looked up some social media video and I tuned her out as a jackass again. Haven't tuned back in. Random New York jerk that I've given two chances to already? I need a much better hard sell for a 3rd round of attention than I've seen. She can reside in the Orange Assclown Limbaugh space for now.

For what it's worth, I dislike her less than Stewart, who is a liar. I mean, she's in Congress, so she definitionally is I know, but I haven't bothered to make as sure as I did with Stewart. Him, I had to suffer through people thinking he was news. And there's your Limbaugh link: actual, literal, fake news. Like Stewart.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  16. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Given how much you whine and moan about the Democrats being out of touch and elitist, I'm surprised you aren't more welcoming of a working class congresscritter who through democratic action and organizing ousted a member of the Democratic establishment and has unabashedly championed policies favored by her constituents.
    But no, because of something she said you can't remember and a video of her having wholesome fun in college, you lump her in with a billionaire blowhard whose rants are only slightly more socially acceptable than Alex Jones.
    One can disagree with her policies, one can disagree on her political strategy, but lumping her in with Limbaugh just demonstrates an intellectual laziness while trying to 'both sides' a sitution.

hobbsyoyo, Drakle, aelf and 3 others like this.
  17. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Okay, good to know that "being from New York" to you is basically the same as being a disgusting liar who lectured others about character but had a pill addiction and multiple instances of marital infidelity.

Or it could just mean he really really hates people who happen to be from New York.

hobbsyoyo, Drakle, Phrossack and 2 others like this.
  18. Farm Boy

Well, that'll teach me to give you an honest answer about first impressions and the follow up. I didn't know who she was. The modifier comes after and the locale is offered as a fig leaf that maybe I just don't get her.

But yes, intentional misread of two words in order to make a stupid point. Par for the Lex course. Makes sense if you're defending some Limbaugh-esque liar though, so this particular exchange iwth a supporter doesn't exactly dissuade me of the accuracy of my current assessment of her worth.

19. aelf

aelf Ashen One

20. Farm Boy

And you're a liar. <snore>

Supes fail on that hard sell, btw. I'll keep waiting around to see if anything awesome from her jumps out at me. Her supporters are the opposite of impressive making her case generally.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.