2020 US Election (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that'll teach me to give you an honest answer about first impressions and the follow up. I didn't know who she was. The modifier comes after and the locale is offered as a fig leaf that maybe I just don't get her.

But yes, intentional misread of two words in order to make a stupid point. Par for the Lex course. Makes sense if you're defending some Limbaugh-esque liar though, so this particular exchange iwth a supporter doesn't exactly dissuade me of the accuracy of my current assessment of her worth.
Rush Limbaugh made his fortune spreading lies, hatred, and division. When a woman said the government should fund birth control pills because they were important for other medical reasons, he demanded she publicize her "sex tapes," because he claimed the US taxpayer was funding her sex and should get the rewards. He's talked about Black and other people having"bones in their noses" and is generally an intolerably vicious human being.

AOC is a working class woman who represents her constituents for a living. She isn't rich, she doesn't spend every day teaching people to hate, and she certainly has never done anything as abominable as Limbaugh. In contrast to his blatant sexism, she gave a powerful speech about the constant harassment and denigration women endure.

And Stewart? He didn't teach hatred, either. He fought tooth and nail for many years to get NYC firefighters the health benefits they were cruelly denied for decades after 9/11.

What have these people done to earn such hatred that you'd lump them in with Limbaugh of all people? Is being from New York an offense? Are people from cities and the coasts just inferior?

Stewart is a liar. He started off as OG 21st century fake news. I even bothered to fact check him on that Monsanto wind blown pollen suit when he spawned a 10 year urban myth with it. Lying about old news NPR had debunked years prior? Yup.

But yes, the bigotry angle is the thing to lean on when you're plumb out of ideas. Go with that, it's like the high heat in baseball. Aelf will love it.

Supes fail on that hard sell, btw. I'll keep waiting around to see if anything awesome from her jumps out at me.
What would make you no longer consider AOC to be approximately equivalent to Limbaugh?

Her supporters are the opposite of impressive making her case.
#shotsfired

Well I'm from New York City - Brooklyn Born and Bred. Put that on the record.

I'd probably have to listen to more Limbaugh, again. That's probably your highest hurdle at this point in time. :lol:

I don't know. I admit it was two takes. Not a lot. They didn't come off well, but I've almost entirely tuned her out since. She's one of 400+, she's not terribly relevant to my life. So she's easy to tune out. Like an AM radio host that is also very far away. So most of my lingering interaction with her as an idea becomes interactions with her supporters. Random crap comments when I forget to skip reading comments on the internet. Lots from here. Sommer would be a solid point in favor, but he has wretched taste in celebrities... sometimes. ;) Gori wasn't wrong, she is pretty and the video was innocent. But whatever, she's in Congress. I mean, it might be #shotsfired when I call you unimpressive, but it's not a hell of a lot different from calling me a lardass. How much effort do you want me to put into one random jackass in Congress, for whom I cannot vote for or against, when I have already done so twice and did not enjoy it? Life is finite. She's occupied enough for now.

Stewart is a liar. He started off as OG 21st century fake news. I even bothered to fact check him on that Monsanto wind blown pollen suit when he spawned a 10 year urban myth with it. Lying about old news NPR had debunked years prior? Yup.

But yes, the bigotry angle is the thing to lean on when you're plumb out of ideas. Go with that, it's like the high heat in baseball. Aelf will love it.
Are you serious.

Plumb out of ideas? I point out that Limbaugh is an absolutely terrible person, and that AOC and Stewart are in no way comparable, and all you can say is that it's dumb to bring up bigotry?

You really do intensely hate people purely due to their origin. There's just no other explanation. Just the same old, "we farmers are salt of the earth and you city slickers are scum" drivel, over and over.

And I live in a city too, so add me to your **** list while you're at it.

I mean, you realize this is all spinning off of me giving **** to somebody I respect, right? It feels like you guys have super lost it.

I'd probably have to listen to more Limbaugh, again. That's probably your highest hurdle at this point in time. :lol:

I don't know. I admit it was two takes. Not a lot. They didn't come off well, but I've almost entirely tuned her out since. She's one of 400+, she's not terribly relevant to my life. So she's easy to tune out. Like an AM radio host that is also very far away. So most of my lingering interaction with her as an idea becomes interactions with her supporters. Random crap comments when I forget to skip reading comments on the internet. Lots from here. Sommer would be a solid point in favor, but he has wretched taste in celebrities... sometimes. ;) Gori wasn't wrong, she is pretty and the video was innocent. But whatever, she's in Congress. I mean, it might be #shotsfired when I call you unimpressive, but it's not a hell of a lot different from calling me a lardass. How much effort do you want me to put into one random jackass in Congress, for whom I cannot vote for or against, when I have already done so twice and did not enjoy it? Life is finite. She's occupied enough for now.
So, the tl;dr of this is that you don't know anything meaningful about her and aren't particularly interested in learning more about her, but then somehow feel confident enough in your knowledge of her to lump her in with Limbaugh?

But whatever, she's in Congress. I mean, it might be #shotsfired when I call you unimpressive, but it's not a hell of a lot different from calling me a lardass.
Where did this come from? I've never made any comments about your body and can't think of anyone else on this forum who have either.

Good lord, "dumb" then.

You're right. I'm not super interested in learning more about her. I'm not super interested in learning more about Limbaugh. They both came off the same. I told you the take was limited. Their supporters generally come off as approximately the same realm of fart. You're the ones that keep asking me to write more about that, to justify that. Which I did, and you "tl:dr" it. Like, lol, w/e.

I'm "giving <Sommer> a pass" that's the joke. He knows I'm giving him ****. He gives me ****. That's why he brought up AOC in the first place. He isn't threatened by my disinterest. I don't respect him less for his questionable(in my shoes) taste. That's why he gets a pass!

You guys are tripping out. I'm actually having a moment of sympathy if this is how the Bernie Bros are to deal with constantly.

Well, that'll teach me to give you an honest answer about first impressions and the follow up. I didn't know who she was. The modifier comes after and the locale is offered as a fig leaf that maybe I just don't get her.

But yes, intentional misread of two words in order to make a stupid point. Par for the Lex course. Makes sense if you're defending some Limbaugh-esque liar though, so this particular exchange iwth a supporter doesn't exactly dissuade me of the accuracy of my current assessment of her worth.

You basically answered that you don't like her cause you don't know her.
:p
Do you like Omar? :mischief:

You basically answered that you don't like her cause you don't know her.
:p
Do you like Omar? :mischief:

That's a general feature of which most people do not want to admit that they are (a litlle bit) affected by it

We have ofc a Dutch saying for that: "onbekend maakt onbemind"
(literally "unknown makes unloved" but it goes in meaning a bit further depending on context)

I know. I know people who like Rush, too. I figure you get the same pass. ;)

Come to think of it though, Rush was inhabiting that nice space where he's gone too. I'm not sure they listen anymore. He's still alive, right? Thinking of him without being prompted by a hatescroller is my fault, there!
I don't think about him much either. Certaily not enough to be "annoyed" at the mention of his name :lol:

Just for laughs, I actually went back and checked my posting history on him... turns out I haven't said much about him outside of acknowledging his existence. Seems the last time I mentioned him was over a year ago. The most substantive thing I've said about him is probably related to "Operation Chaos".

I actually used to listen to a ton of him back when I was driving a truck, because I pretty much listened to conservative talk radio all day. Cause I guess that's what one does when you drive a truck all day ;)

the locale is offered as a fig leaf that maybe I just don't get her.

"random New York jerk" was supposed to the a fig leaf eh?

Okay, so what is the actual substance of your complaint? She said something "Trumpy"....what was it?

Supes fail on that hard sell, btw. I'll keep waiting around to see if anything awesome from her jumps out at me. Her supporters are the opposite of impressive making her case generally.
She's young, she's pretty, she doesn't have, or come from money, she was a staunch Bernie Sanders supporter, she pisses Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer off to no end.

Well I guess that last one is something she has in common with him... but that's what I got. At least that's what I've got, that I thought you might give a rat's patootie about.

I don't think about him much either. Certaily not enough to be "annoyed" at the mention of his name :lol:

Just for laughs, I actually went back and checked my posting history on him... turns out I haven't said much about him outside of acknowledging his existence. Seems the last time I mentioned him was over a year ago. The most substantive thing I've said about him is probably related to "Operation Chaos".

I actually used to listen to a ton of him back when I was driving a truck, because I pretty much listened to conservative talk radio all day. Cause I guess that's what one does when you drive a truck all day ;)

Well, I was using him as a pretty safe stand in for annoying. I don't think I missed?

I usually listen to NPR in the truck, myself, but sometimes I branch off. Have to change band though, NPR is on FM.

Yes, Lex. She was making fun of somebody. I don't remember what it was, but I do know that I generally don't love that. "Random New York jerk" applies, in this case, to a member of Congress. A modifier for my level of interest in said member of Congress. Texas Wingnut would also work, or representative of the people's republic of Minnesota, or whatever! Down-state douchebag, even. Why not? Why would I totally get all of them? I bet I get more New York City than vice versa, if it happens to matter for whatever reason.

I mean, you realize this is all spinning off of me giving **** to somebody I respect, right? It feels like you guys have super lost it.

You could have typed "I don't really stand by the comparison, I was just kidding around" or something

You're right. I'm not super interested in learning more about her. I'm not super interested in learning more about Limbaugh. They both came off the same. I told you the take was limited. Their supporters generally come off as approximately the same realm of fart. You're the ones that keep asking me to write more about that, to justify that. Which I did, and you "tl:dr" it. Like, lol, w/e.
Ah yes, the good old "Let's act all offended when someone challenges my opinion" routine.

She's young, she's pretty, she doesn't have, or come from money, she was a staunch Bernie Sanders supporter, she pisses Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer off to no end.

Well I guess that last one is something she has in common with him... but that's what I got. At least that's what I've got, that I thought you might give a rat's patootie about.

She is authentic, I'll give her that, and it's more than can be said for most in Congress.

Having said that, she strikes me as precisely the sort of future president who would all but guarantee a Republican takeover of both houses of Congress come midyears, which is something to consider, if you would dislike that situation.

She is authentic, I'll give her that, and it's more than can be said for most in Congress.

Having said that, she strikes me as precisely the sort of future president who would all but guarantee a Republican takeover of both houses of Congress come midyears, which is something to consider, if you would dislike that situation.
Authenticity in Congress is an oxymoron. You can't really be "authentic" when you're literally trying to win a popularity contest. So most "authenticity" in Washington has a truthiness to it. For the most part, they're not being "authentic, they're just playing "authentic" on TV.

Could be. I'd personally group her with a small group of others I believe are generally being true to their principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom