1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 US Election (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lexicus, Mar 11, 2020.

1. caketastydelish

caketastydelish triggering far-left sjw snowflakes

Still can’t be any worse.

Imaus and IglooDude like this.
  2. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

Actually that was Nixon in 1971
    I think you're referring to his joining with the vast majority of Congress to grant Bush authority to use force once all other options were exhausted, yes?
    It's just April now. What are you talking about??

Him engineering one of the most astonishing political turnarounds in my lifetime indicates he is anything but demented. :p

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

No point arguing with Berzerker, especially trying to point out realities about a great independent party president like Nixon.

4. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

If he was in charge how long do you think he would have waited to stop flights coming in from China?

Nixon didn't write the drug laws that led to the mass incarceration of people. Trump's First Step Act reversed the evil perpetrated on people of color by Biden. A majority of House Democrats voted against Bush's war and he joined the people lying us into that war, and all other options were not exhausted. Yes, its April now... On Feb 2nd he was condemning Trump's travel ban as hysterical xenophobic fear mongering.

And that brings up another point, the Chinese have been filling Biden's coffers with oodles of money and he's been kissing their arses for years. As for the turnaround, damn near everyone still in the race dropped out before super Tuesday and endorsed him. People sure didn't jump on his bandwagon because he convinced them with his eloquent speeches.

Nixon represented the great independent party?

5. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Just like you and OneJayHawk.

6. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

Nixon, Jay and I represent the great independent party? Tim's reality.

Hey, Biden played no role in the drug war either because, you know, Nixon.

7. Patine

Patine Deity

I honestly don't recall Bush exhausting, or even considering, very other options first AT ALL.

Berzerker likes this.
  8. Imaus

Imaus Prince

Anyway the way I see it, Progs should be jumping at this.

Let Biden be the guy who comes in and fixes the mess Trump did - set the table, so to speak. Then someone comes in after him and puts the full meal on the table, dig?

That's how I'm seeing this. Let Biden get in, fix Trump, boot him, that is priority. Let Biden fix things. Then someone in 2024 can come in. We'll keep the movement going anyway irregardless, but getting rid of Trump is priority. Biden has moved a bit left, doubtful he'll turn into Bernie 2.0 but that's better than when he started. Pack the house, pack the senate, let Biden keep the courts 5-4 or whatever, so on and so on.

9. Patine

Patine Deity

How naively optimistic... :(

10. Imaus

Imaus Prince

It is the best we can hope for right now. Defeating Trump and letting Biden fix Trump's messes is better than any other alternative right now, such as dividing the party and letting Trump win for another four years. That's all it boils down to. Biden and Bernie both had the same numbers vs Trump - 52 vs 48, I believe, and that's all we need.

11. Patine

Patine Deity

Unfortunately, if there's ALWAYS a myopic and singular goal going into every election, which seems to be becoming a VERY likely trend, the true push and demand for needed change and betterment gets drowned out, or at least watered down and highly slowed. But, of course, we all know that long-term thinking is highly discouraged nowadays in socio-political and economic matters - except in Chinese government, and their rising ascendant.

12. Azem.Ocram

Azem.Ocram King

Bernie Sanders was pushed out too early. I’ll be writing him in.

13. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

He didn't, but that's what he presented to congress. "I need the authority so I can negotiate, but I won't actually use force until the negotiations are exhausted" is a ploy that no president will ever be able to get away with again. And before you say that congress was hopelessly naive, keep in mind that he played the UN security council the same way.

14. Samson

Samson Deity

So what happens if Biden does not make it to August 17th? With the democrat establishment just ge "well, let us give the nomination to Bernie then" (cough cough).

And seriously, did the republicans choose to have their convention at one of the main flashpoints of the BLM movement because they wanted a ruck?

Imaus likes this.
  15. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

I guess the superdelegates pick someone.

Samson likes this.
  16. rah

rah Deity Supporter

For all those that told me not voting for Hillary was a vote for Trump and supported fascism I now turn around and will repeat this for those that are saying they are having concerns voting for Biden. There is only one objective here. DO NOT FORGET THAT. Don't support Trump.

Imaus likes this.
  17. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Biden's running mate is the key and likely will take over from him before 4 years are up if he wins. Vote the VP.

18. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I really don't care who it is. It can't be trump.

Imaus likes this.
  19. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

He didn't engineer a turnaround. His voters just weren't in the first couple of primary states.

He would have done this way earlier than Trump. And therefore stopped Coronavirus from entering our country.

20. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Very unlikely. This is a situation where it is not better to have run and lost than to have never run at all. We may not know who has the widest base among Democrats, but we do know that it isn't Sanders. I would guess they would nominate whoever Biden had picked as his running mate.

True, but his national polling had severely crashed. In a whole lot of the first super Tuesday states there were serious questions as to whether he could beat Bloomberg. He did parley the win on Saturday into a knockout blow to Bloomberg on Tuesday, which was a pretty good feat.

Samson likes this.