2020 US Election (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden's being smacked with a video, about him and Cheney back in the day.

It's not a stick of dynamite, just a chip off the statue, but it might add up if more of his centrist-hoo-hum Post-Clinton stuff gets focused on.

OTOH old people vote a lot

Old people always vote. The Democrats win or lose on the basis of whether or not the candidate(s) can convince young voters and minorities to come out and vote at an above-average margin.

Old people always vote. The Democrats win or lose on the basis of whether or not the candidate(s) can convince young voters and minorities to come out and vote at an above-average margin.
Sure, but there's probably an argument to be made that Biden might get some old people to vote for him that might otherwise vote Trump. The kind of people that, while conservative-ish, don't like Trump's personality and find comfort in Biden's old school democrat style. I imagine that some people are stuck in the political mainstream of the 80s, which Biden probably belongs in.

Sanders is going after Biden on trade, he's trying to dismantle Biden's image of a blue collar hero

hahahahaha :lol:

QED

I wont be voting for either of them, will you? You wont be laughing then, you'll be too busy holding your nose. I've already named a few Democrats I could support, Biden aint one of them. Btw, you messed up the quote from Tim, he was talking about J there and I was trashing Biden before Tim accused me of having a reason to oppose Biden so your revelation aint so revelatory.

*laughs in votes for banking deregulation and protecting creditor interests*

I dont think we agree on what sneering means, he gives free neck massages

Last edited:
Even more usually in 2020. He didn't let [seniors] down.
J

:eek2: Uhhh...

Over the next 10 years, Trump’s 2020 budget proposal aims to spend $1.5 trillion less on Medicaid — instead allocating $1.2 trillion in a block-grant program to states — $25 billion less on Social Security, and $845 billion less on Medicare (some of that is reclassified to a different department). Their intentions are to cut benefits under Medicaid and Social Security. The impact on Medicare is more complicated,

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...medicaid-social-security-medicare-budget-cuts

Why dont businesses lobby for single payer? I cant imagine having to pay for insurance helps them compete.
Several:
  • Health benefits differentiate one business from another and can attract employees
  • "And makes us rather bear those ills we have Than fly to others that we know not of?"
  • Senior managers have great plans under the current system
  • Other issues are more important

and who do you think will end up paying for part of it? I'm sure the Gov. will figure out a way for them to pay a good chunk.

thats true, if they end up paying more in taxes and eat up the savings then why not just offer health care to attract better employees like BD says. I dont think we should tax businesses other than maybe user fees.

It's hard watching the discussion about block grants. It's kinda how it works in Canada, where Health Canada sets minimum standards and the provinces actually administer it.

Peter Buttsomething

that would be tough to live with for a straight guy

I just saw CNN polls of registered voters showing several Democrats are beating Trump, Beto had the largest margin (52-42), Biden (51-45), Harris (49-45), Warren was the only one without a lead (47-48)

Peter Buttsomething

I just saw CNN polls of registered voters showing several Democrats are beating Trump, Beto had the largest margin (52-42), Biden (51-45), Harris (49-45), Warren was the only one without a lead (47-48)

take a look at the raw data to make sure, CNN lies

it does seem strange Biden would be whooping Beto among Democrats but still have a tighter race with Trump

could mean Beto's more popular than Biden outside the party

edit, course Biden and Beto are getting mostly the same votes so it aint like support for either is exclusive to them

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly
take a look at the raw data to make sure, CNN lies
ugh... here we go again...

If Biden gets anointed as the establishment/media darling (he is), it's only gonna make this situation worse.

What the Democrats need is either... 1) Someone who emotes "safe" enough to retain some older and/or fence voters while being "new" enough to excite the young and/or more progressive voters... ;or 2) A rockstar that drives the young, liberal, progressive and/or typically ambivalent to the polls in record numbers.

Gavin Newsom would have been 1... I thought Gabbard, Harris, Beto or Warren might've been 2... but I've been disappointed on both counts.

Is it too late for another candidate to enter the race?

Last edited:
They haven't, though. This is just straight up manufacturing consent and name recognition aka celebrity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom