2020 US Election (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several:
  • Health benefits differentiate one business from another and can attract employees
  • "And makes us rather bear those ills we have Than fly to others that we know not of?"
  • Senior managers have great plans under the current system
  • Other issues are more important
Senior managers and Union members. Labor is at best ambivalent to the concept.

This is why old people shouldn't be allowed to vote.
Sig material. Is Logan's world next?

J

Senior managers and Union members. Labor is at best ambivalent to the concept.
Don't forget our congress critters and government workers.

Biden is a placeholder for support for a regular Democrat. This is in contrast to Bernie's number, for instance, which consists of people who support Bernie in particular. No one supports Biden in particular.

Probably the best course for now would be dormancy until close to the convention. You guys have the mainstream media on your side, and it's apparently still powerful enough to convince you that all your enemies are Russian assets, so you can generate massive energy and rapid-spun narratives in specific contexts. Generally, you have a downhill battle in every election purely on the media's account. Biden could sit in place for the next whole year, and then a sudden charismatic candidate, a neo-soviet whom the media could sell as a centrist, could appear, word of his wondrousness could be spread like a firestorm and sweep the convention. Obama all over again. Anything can happen.

Edgy.

Spoiler You go, Dark Knight! :

It's hard to figure out what the mainstream media is. There are pablum news services, and Fox News has a fairly large portion of this market audience. And then we have more intelligent news services. I'm not convinced that they are overwhelmingly liberal

The anti-slavery north started the revolution

anyone ever hear of Jimmy Dore?

edit: video removed, search for him on youtube

He's a politically active comedian with youtube videos. In that video he goes after MSNBC and Morning Joe McCarthyism. He uses a few cuss words so be for warned. But I suggest listening to the guy, he's defending Tulsi Gabbard in that video who is up against the pro-war Democrats.

Last edited:
There was this slavery thing back then.

Perhaps even more importantly, there was this theory that since an entire continent had "belonged to the king" and was now "unclaimed land" all a white USian had to do was stake a claim and they would own as much real estate as they could work. I promise you, the cities would be less crowded and there would be far fewer people on various forms of assistance if all they had to do was go find a patch of land between the cities that wasn't being worked and say "okay, this is mine now."

Yes, you're democratic enough that you call your local divisions ‘counties’.

And you did sort-of try to conquer Canada because they didn't want to be freed from the tax-lowering British.
The anti-slavery north started the revolution
Attempting to be witty, again succeeding only by half.

Yes, you're democratic enough that you call your local divisions ‘counties’.

To me that is the most tangible breakdown in the concepts of the USian founding documents. "Right to life and liberty" meant a whole different thing when you could genuinely just roam off to somewhere else and start living as you saw fit. Right to life now pretty much has to include provision of food and shelter since it isn't like you can just go grow and build it for yourself. The day of the land that was taken away from the king being a "free for all" is long since over, but idiot conservatives like to pretend that it isn't.

"No need for change, pull yourself up by the bootstraps like my great grandfather did so your grandkids can inherit just like I did!" Or, more like someone else's grandkids did. Most conservatives are dead broke, and just too stupid to recognize that their own support of conservatism is what keeps them there.

Perhaps even more importantly, there was this theory that since an entire continent had "belonged to the king" and was now "unclaimed land" all a white USian had to do was stake a claim and they would own as much real estate as they could work. I promise you, the cities would be less crowded and there would be far fewer people on various forms of assistance if all they had to do was go find a patch of land between the cities that wasn't being worked and say "okay, this is mine now."

I think there was an incredible potential in homesteads. Injustice aside, they ended up creating a lot of family wealth for those families that were capable improving the Homestead

I've been trying to figure of a modern equivalent. Some way of tapping all the benefits, but in the reality. I'm still pondering

I think there was an incredible potential in homesteads. Injustice aside, they ended up creating a lot of family wealth for those families that were capable improving the Homestead

I've been trying to figure of a modern equivalent. Some way of tapping all the benefits, but in the reality. I'm still pondering

Squatters.

Literally squatter's rights, but for empty land. Millions of acres are just sitting around untouched by human hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom